The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Prince of Lies

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    What fabrcated facts? Bush lied about WMD's so he could invade Iraq.
    Bush 43 relied on faulty intel to invade Iraq....calling it a "lie" makes you look even more petty, Roger...

Since Bush 41 beat back the Iraq military, they were not allowed to fly planes in Iraq.
    This has got to be the most assinine comment I've EVER read on this board.

Most of their tanks were wiped out. Their army was almost wiped out. They had really no way to defend themselves in a war against America and that is why it was a cake walk for our troops to invade Iraq.
    I'm guessing you don't know any Iraqi veterans, do you, Roger...."cake walk"....I was wrong above...THIS is the most assinine comment I've ever read on this board........check this link, Roger, for some details on the first "cake walk" at Fallujah...http://home.comcast.net/~ejwoodall/B..._Fallujah.html

Bush said our main goal in invading Afghanistan was to go after Bin Laden. How did that work for you. Even with illegal torture techniques Bush could still not find Bin Laden and later in his Presidency declared he was not really looking for him anymore.
    The man has to live in seclusion, moving from cave to cave, night after night, always fearing for his life, knowing that right around the next crag could be a Hellfire missle fired by a Predator that he never heard or saw...I'm sure the cuisine he enjoys every day is of four-star quality. I hear roots and grubs make for nice fare if you have to live among the rocks...

Can you honestly, sanely, say that YOU expected those interrogations were designed to find bin Laden? If you believe that, you've been watching too much CNN, Roger....and I suspect that Bush 43 was very happy to know that bin Laden was living in the conditions described in the previous paragraph. I know I am.

Fact: Bush's failed economic policy almost ruined America. It put us in a recession and almost into a depression.
    You just don't get it, do you, Roger? GREED, pure and simple, bipartisan and non-denominational, and manipulation of loopholes in laws created BEFORE Bush 43 was President caused this mess. To blame Bush 43's economic policy solely and completely is just plain ignorant.

I do not know who you were listening to for 8 years about people complaining about Bush. It certainly was not here.
    You're right for once, Roger. Where were all you disgruntled left-leaners before this board came into existence during the '08 election campaign? By your own admission you didn't vote for GWB either time, Roger. You had PLENTY of opportunity to shout to the rafter about hiim before BHO was elected; why are you doing it now? Because BHO is not getting the job done after all the "CHANGE WE CAN LIVE WITH" was promised. You and every other Democrat ought to be pizzed beyond words about the unkept promises and misdirection his administration is furthering. Don't wonder why Potus Place has picked up steam since BHO became President...I'm sure it's merely coincidental ....where's that LMAO icon when you need it....

The War in Afghanistan, which began on October 7, 2001 as the U.S. military operation Operation Enduring Freedom, was launched by the United States with the United Kingdom in response to the September 11 attacks.
    The stated aim of the invasion was to find Osama bin Laden and other high-ranking Al-Qaeda members and put them on trial, to destroy the whole organization of Al-Qaeda, and to remove the Taliban regime which supported and gave safe harbor to Al-Qaeda. The United States' Bush Doctrine stated that, as policy, it would not distinguish between terrorist organisations and nations or governments that harbor them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_...2%80%93present)
    Ahhh...that always reliable "wikipedia"....funny how 'bout the only place anyone can find Wiki used as a "credible" resource is on this board....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post

Ahhh...that always reliable "wikipedia"....funny how 'bout the only place anyone can find Wiki used as a "credible" resource is on this board....

kg
    Maybe This is a more credible source: Transcript of George Bush remarks minutes after launching attacks on Afghanistan, 10/7/2001 (http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/10/0...sh.transcript/)

"On my orders, the United States military has begun strikes against Al Qaeda terrorist training camps and military installations of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan.

"These carefully targeted actions are designed to disrupt the use of Afghanistan as a terrorist base of operations and to attack the military capability of the Taliban regime.

"More than two weeks ago, I gave Taliban leaders a series of clear and specific demands: Close terrorist training camps. Hand over leaders of the Al Qaeda network. And return all foreign nationals, including American citizens, unjustly detained in their country.

"None of these demands was met. And now, the Taliban will pay a price.

"By destroying camps and disrupting communications, we will make it more difficult for the terror network to train new recruits and coordinate their evil plans.

"Initially the terrorists may burrow deeper into caves and other entrenched hiding places. Our military action is also designed to clear the way for sustained, comprehensive and relentless operations to drive them out and bring them to justice. "

The War in Afghanistan, which began on October 7, 2001 as the U.S. military operation Operation Enduring Freedom, was launched by the United States with the United Kingdom in response to the September 11 attacks.
    The stated aim of the invasion was to find Osama bin Laden and other high-ranking Al-Qaeda members and put them on trial, to destroy the whole organization of Al-Qaeda, and to remove the Taliban regime which supported and gave safe harbor to Al-Qaeda. The United States' Bush Doctrine stated that, as policy, it would not distinguish between terrorist organisations and nations or governments that harbor them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_...2%80%93present)
    My Bad! I was thinking Iraq!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Maybe This is a more credible source: Transcript of George Bush remarks minutes after launching attacks on Afghanistan, 10/7/2001 (http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/10/0...sh.transcript/)

"On my orders, the United States military has begun strikes against Al Qaeda terrorist training camps and military installations of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan.

"These carefully targeted actions are designed to disrupt the use of Afghanistan as a terrorist base of operations and to attack the military capability of the Taliban regime.

"More than two weeks ago, I gave Taliban leaders a series of clear and specific demands: Close terrorist training camps. Hand over leaders of the Al Qaeda network. And return all foreign nationals, including American citizens, unjustly detained in their country.

"None of these demands was met. And now, the Taliban will pay a price.

"By destroying camps and disrupting communications, we will make it more difficult for the terror network to train new recruits and coordinate their evil plans.

"Initially the terrorists may burrow deeper into caves and other entrenched hiding places. Our military action is also designed to clear the way for sustained, comprehensive and relentless operations to drive them out and bring them to justice. "
    Somebody help me remember the OUTRAGE that was expressed against Bush 43 for this directive....someone...anyone...Bueller??

kg

Somebody help me remember the OUTRAGE that was expressed against Bush 43 for this directive....someone...anyone...Bueller??

kg
    I can assure you that I never expressed any outrage about invading Afghanistan. In fact, 82 million people reportedly watched the President's address as he issued his ultimatum to the Taliban days earlier and virtually every editorial board in the country praised his actions (http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/media/july-dec01/bush_9-21.html).

The PR problems didn't really start until, less than two months following the beginning of actions in Afghanistan, the Administration began shifting its focus to Iraq which had nothing whatsoever to do with the attacks. There it took the administration 1 1/2 years to overcome massive hostility to the idea of an attack of Iraq. During the 1 1/2 years, the administration gave less and less attention to actually pursuing the goals stated by the President on October 7, contributing directly to the problems that exist in Afghanistan today. [By the way, RK, this paragraph is an example of opinion, not fact. The first paragraph is an example of fact.]

I'm not talking about you with regard to "outrage" over invading Afghanistan, Jeff...but I think you know that...

kg

I'm not talking about you with regard to "outrage" over invading Afghanistan, Jeff...but I think you know that...

kg
    No, Keith, I didn't think you were accusing me. I actually don't think there was anything that happened during the Bush administration that met with such universal approval as the stance taken on October 7, 2001. That was the peak point for his approval ratings with large majorities from all ends of the political spectrum supporting our action in Afghanistan. Even France provided military support and most of the Arab countries were supportive as well. It was the move against Iraq that destroyed that support.

I don't really know but it looks to me like the Brits are calling him a liar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ie-bomber.html
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.