The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: The Prince of Lies

  1. #11
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I understand that it's hard to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time...
    Keep workin' on it, Buzz....you'll master it eventually...

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Methinks he got a little sidetracked with something a smidge more important.

    9/11 regards...
    No, he was too busy trying to figure out a way to invade Iraq and Afghanistan. But he still had plenty of time (8 years) (6 with a majority Congress) to do something about health care and did nothing.

    Obama still has to deal with Iraq and Afghanistan along with a ruined economy that bush left him with and still is trying to put a health care reform through.

  3. #13
    Senior Member tpaschal30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    No, he was too busy trying to figure out a way to invade Iraq and Afghanistan. But he still had plenty of time (8 years) (6 with a majority Congress) to do something about health care and did nothing.

    Obama still has to deal with Iraq and Afghanistan along with a ruined economy that bush left him with and still is trying to put a health care reform through.

    It is a health care take over not reform. Reform would get government out and put providers and insurers at the employ of the patients. Instead of providers being employed by insurance companies and governments, and insurance companies employed by the employers.

  4. #14
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpaschal30 View Post
    Which is the bigger lie? 46 million Americans wothout health insurance or the quotes? How about 95% of Americans will get a tax cut or the quotes? Or that a crisis in medical spending can be solved with more spending? Look at public edication increased federal spending brought more federal control, less local control, and a total loss of control. Why would health care work any differently?

    Here some Lenin quotes Obama would like;

    “One man with a gun can control 100 without one.”

    “It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed. ”

    “Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.”

    “The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency.”

    “Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.”

    Check those.
    Most of these cannot be traced to Lenin as far as I can determine. The currency statement traces back to John Maynard Keynes in 1920 who said this at one point as a paraphrase of sentiments that some people ascribed to Lenin. (They Never Said It by Paul Boller & John George, Google Books)

    At some point you have to ask yourself why quotes get made up and then repeated time after time. Remember, as Rush Limbaugh said, "The only way to beat the Socialists is to tell so many lies that they no longer know what is real." Or as Hannity said, "We are at war and in war anything goes. Whatever lies we may tell are necessary to convince people of the one central truth: liberals are evil and must be defeated."

    Rather than be upset when I raise such questions, why don't you try checking some of thes things yourself? When you see a quote that seems almost too good to be true, check to see if there is any verifiable source indicated for the quote. If there is not, it is probably because there isn't one. The ask yourself if the quote actually reflects the person to who it is attributed or if it reflects how the person citing the "quote" would like you to view that person. The difference is the difference between truth and lies.

    And, by the way, my "quotes" of Limbaugh and Hannity are pure fabrications -- or at least I hope they are. However, they are as accurate as most of the favorite "quotes" I see attributed to heros and villains on conservative web sites.

  5. #15
    Senior Member tpaschal30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Most of these cannot be traced to Lenin as far as I can determine. The currency statement traces back to John Maynard Keynes in 1920 who said this at one point as a paraphrase of sentiments that some people ascribed to Lenin. (They Never Said It by Paul Boller & John George, Google Books)

    At some point you have to ask yourself why quotes get made up and then repeated time after time. Remember, as Rush Limbaugh said, "The only way to beat the Socialists is to tell so many lies that they no longer know what is real." Or as Hannity said, "We are at war and in war anything goes. Whatever lies we may tell are necessary to convince people of the one central truth: liberals are evil and must be defeated."

    Rather than be upset when I raise such questions, why don't you try checking some of thes things yourself? When you see a quote that seems almost too good to be true, check to see if there is any verifiable source indicated for the quote. If there is not, it is probably because there isn't one. The ask yourself if the quote actually reflects the person to who it is attributed or if it reflects how the person citing the "quote" would like you to view that person. The difference is the difference between truth and lies.

    And, by the way, my "quotes" of Limbaugh and Hannity are pure fabrications -- or at least I hope they are. However, they are as accurate as most of the favorite "quotes" I see attributed to heros and villains on conservative web sites.
    I have

    http://thinkexist.com/quotes/Vladimir_Lenin/
    Last edited by tpaschal30; 09-03-2009 at 10:03 AM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpaschal30 View Post
    I've been to that site and I've read it. Do you see any citations of where those statements were made? Lenin wrote many things. Many, if not most, were translated into English and most can be searched on line. Thinkexist.com has no quality standards limiting what is attributed to whom or requiring any documentation of sources.

  7. #17
    Senior Member cotts135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Watertown NY
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Again, all bow to the "SOLE POSSESOR OF THE TRUTH!!"
    Whats your problem man? Just because you might have a distant relationship with the truth does not mean everyone does. He asked what is a reasonable question. Because he questioned an assertion made in an article (because he couldn't find any truth to it) that gives you license to ridicule him? If you can't answer the question than say so...................but to go after him personally is just something juveniles do.

  8. #18
    Senior Member tpaschal30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I've been to that site and I've read it. Do you see any citations of where those statements were made? Lenin wrote many things. Many, if not most, were translated into English and most can be searched on line. Thinkexist.com has no quality standards limiting what is attributed to whom or requiring any documentation of sources.
    How about this one "46 million Americans without health insurance" by Obama

    Can they all be wrong?

    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...ich_lenin.html


    http://www.quotesandpoem.com/quotes/...vladimir-lenin

    http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Lenin/


    http://www.great-quotes.com/cgi-bin/...e=Lenin&Movie=

  9. #19
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Save your breath, if you had a video of Comrade Lenin saying it the left would not believe it.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

  10. #20
    Senior Member tpaschal30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Save your breath, if you had a video of Comrade Lenin saying it the left would not believe it.
    You mean like the Van Jones videos?

Similar Threads

  1. More political lies that need to be investigated?
    By Roger Perry in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 04:56 PM
  2. (NJ) GMHRCH/HRCH Siverbrooks Pjs Prince Toby MH
    By Scotter in forum Classifieds - Stud Service (wanted or for stud)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •