The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoctorination of Obama's Youth

Default Indoctorination of Obama's Youth

This stuff is reminding me of stuff I used to see on TV about pre WWII Germany and Russia:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10582301...ptember-8-2009

Before the Speech:

Teachers can build background knowledge about the President of the United States and his speech by reading books about presidents and Barack Obama and motivate students by asking the following questions: Who is the President of the United States? What do you think it takes to be President? To whom do you think the President is going to be speaking? Why do you think he wants to speak to you? What do you think he will say to you?

Teachers can ask students to imagine being the President delivering a speech to all of the students in the United States. What would you tell students? What can students do to help in our schools? Teachers can chart ideas about what they would say.

Why is it important that we listen to the President and other elected officials, like the mayor, senators, members of congress, or the governor? Why is what they say important?

During the Speech:

As the President speaks, teachers can ask students to write down key ideas or phrases that are important or personally meaningful. Students could use a note-taking graphic organizer such as a Cluster Web, or students could record their thoughts on sticky notes. Younger children can draw pictures and write as appropriate. As students listen to the speech, they could think about the following: What is the President trying to tell me? What is the President asking me to do? What new ideas and actions is the President challenging me to think about?

Students can record important parts of the speech where the President is asking them to do something. Students might think about: What specific job is he asking me to do? Is he asking anything of anyone else? Teachers? Principals? Parents? The American people?

Students can record any questions they have while he is speaking and then discuss them after the speech. Younger children may need to dictate their questions.

After the Speech:

Teachers could ask students to share the ideas they recorded, exchange sticky notes or stick notes on a butcher paper poster in the classroom to discuss main ideas from the speech, i.e. citizenship, personal responsibility, civic duty.

Students could discuss their responses to the following questions: What do you think the President wants us to do? Does the speech make you want to do anything? Are we able to do what President Obama is asking of us? What would you like to tell the President?

Extension of the Speech:

Teachers can extend learning by having students

Create posters of their goals. Posters could be formatted in quadrants or puzzle pieces or trails marked with the labels: personal, academic, community, country. Each area could be labeled with three steps for achieving goals in those areas. It might make sense to focus on personal and academic so community and country goals come more readily.

Write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president. These would be collected and redistributed at an appropriate later date by the teacher to make students accountable to their goals.

Write goals on colored index cards or precut designs to post around the classroom.

Interview and share about their goals with one another to create a supportive community.

Participate in School wide incentive programs or contests for students who achieve their goals.

Write about their goals in a variety of genres, i.e. poems, songs, personal essays.

Create artistic projects based on the themes of their goals.

Graph student progress toward goals.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Normaly I wouldn't give this a second thought. After all a President certainly should be able to talk to school kids about studying hard, getting ahead and being responsible. Problem is everything this guy does he does for a reason and it's usually calculated to further whatever position he happens to be pushing.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Now he's employed communist-sympathizers to indoctrinate our kids and contaminate our precious bodily fluids in the form of tobacco-spittin, race-car drivin' good-ol boys on the NASCAR circuit!! What's next? Bill Cosby admonishing african-american kids for dropping out of school and acting like Gangstas??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEeY5...layer_embedded

Hooda thunk Dale Jr, Carl Edwards, Jeff Gordon were part of the conspiracy? Well, Jeff always did strike me as a little light in his loafers....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Bill Cosby admonishing african-american kids for dropping out of school and acting like Gangstas??
    Cosby has already done that. Recorded on Snopes.com
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

What's is really fishy is why was not a copy if the speech included along with those instructions for every superintendant of schools, or worse, the superintendants were completely skipped and didn't even know about it when parents called. Oh yes, after the public uproar, now the copy will become available on Labor day, which I'm sure has now been tweeked. Copies of the State of the Union are available to the press before the speech but this little speech was supposed to be kept quiet until airing?
    Oh that's right, they didn't mean to use those words that the student was supposed to write a letter to themselves on how they can help the president. Who are we kidding-his speech writers made an error in wording just like Van Jones didn't believe in what he signed because he didn't read it? Now there are many schools not airing the speech. The public must continue to use their constitutional right of free speech as much and as often as possible as we are called radicals by our president and will be stiffled.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

I'm still waiting to see the text of the President's speech. It is scheduled to be released today.

You can find the text of Bush Sr.'s speech to the nation's school children (October 1991) at http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/research/public_papers.php?id=3450&year=1991&month=10.

Democratic leaders complained at the time that public funds were being used to fund a political speech. However, no one complained of brain washing and there was almost no public furor at all. "Why is it political for the president of the United States to discuss education?" asked Newt Gingrich, who was then the House Republican whip. "It was done at a nonpolitical site and was beamed to a nonpolitical audience. . . . They wanted to reach the maximum audience with the maximum effect to improve education."

Ronald Reagan similarly gave a speech at a high school that was broadcast to students nationwide. That speech was overtly political (http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archive...986/51386d.htm).

How dare Obama to try to steal a Republican tactic for brainwashing our youth. That's the only explanation I can think of for all the outrage being shown now compared with the support given by Republicans to Bush and Reagan presentations at that time.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Osama ought to be concentrating on cleaning out the czars whom he has appointed, not propagandizing our children. I am glad my kids are out of school, and that my grandkids school has the good sense to ignore this indoctrination speech.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I'm still waiting to see the text of the President's speech. It is scheduled to be released today.

You can find the text of Bush Sr.'s speech to the nation's school children (October 1991) at http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/research/public_papers.php?id=3450&year=1991&month=10.

Democratic leaders complained at the time that public funds were being used to fund a political speech. However, no one complained of brain washing and there was almost no public furor at all. "Why is it political for the president of the United States to discuss education?" asked Newt Gingrich, who was then the House Republican whip. "It was done at a nonpolitical site and was beamed to a nonpolitical audience. . . . They wanted to reach the maximum audience with the maximum effect to improve education."

Ronald Reagan similarly gave a speech at a high school that was broadcast to students nationwide. That speech was overtly political (http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archive...986/51386d.htm).

How dare Obama to try to steal a Republican tactic for brainwashing our youth. That's the only explanation I can think of for all the outrage being shown now compared with the support given by Republicans to Bush and Reagan presentations at that time.
    I was in HS when Regan was President. And I don't remember EVER HAVING to watch a speech of his WHILE I was in school. The only thing that I remember in class being broadcasted was when an attempt was made on his life.

Bush Sr was in office after I was out of school and before my son was born. I don;t remember any address to the school kids. But maybe that is because I was not tuned in.

As a mother of an 18 year old son (he just graduated) he would NOT be watching this speech during school hours. Sorry.......that is my right as a parent.

Here is MY issue with the speech.

1) It SEEMS manditory. If your child attends school during that period, its getting forced down their throat.

2) I feel its my right and DUTY as a parent to "sensor" what my son "intakes". The movies he watches, the music he listens to AND any sort of "political speech" by whatever politician. I don't care if its the president or the local school board member. If my son were not to understand something in a speech, I don't want the SCHOOL to morph and tweak his views. Once he is an adult, then he can make those choices. But as an underage child, I don't want the gay and lesbian alliance or the pro-lifers giving speeches to my son UNSUPERVISED by me nor any other politician. Whether I agree or disagree with a philosophy is irrevalent. I want to know what and how something is being presented to my child. I try to be very open and present views on both sides. Then my son can decide but to basically force children to watch this is unacceptable. If the president (any president) want to give a speech to children about staying in school and becoming a productive person I am all for it. BUT I will watch it with them and IF it wavers from something appropriate to some sort of "pro-president (insert ANY name)" then the TV will get changed.

Jeff, I really can't see how you and the other "pro-Obama" folks (for lack of a better term) cannot see, that it is very very unlikely with the unrest within our nation for this speech to "stay on task" and just address "school children's issues" such as staying in school. If I were in Vegas, I would be betting that there is going to be SOMETHING off task ie health care, taxes, ecomony, wars or SOMETHING.

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    I was in HS when Regan was President. And I don't remember EVER HAVING to watch a speech of his WHILE I was in school. The only thing that I remember in class being broadcasted was when an attempt was made on his life.

Bush Sr was in office after I was out of school and before my son was born. I don;t remember any address to the school kids. But maybe that is because I was not tuned in.

As a mother of an 18 year old son (he just graduated) he would NOT be watching this speech during school hours. Sorry.......that is my right as a parent.

Here is MY issue with the speech.

1) It SEEMS manditory. If your child attends school during that period, its getting forced down their throat.

2) I feel its my right and DUTY as a parent to "sensor" what my son "intakes". The movies he watches, the music he listens to AND any sort of "political speech" by whatever politician. I don't care if its the president or the local school board member. If my son were not to understand something in a speech, I don't want the SCHOOL to morph and tweak his views. Once he is an adult, then he can make those choices. But as an underage child, I don't want the gay and lesbian alliance or the pro-lifers giving speeches to my son UNSUPERVISED by me nor any other politician. Whether I agree or disagree with a philosophy is irrevalent. I want to know what and how something is being presented to my child. I try to be very open and present views on both sides. Then my son can decide but to basically force children to watch this is unacceptable. If the president (any president) want to give a speech to children about staying in school and becoming a productive person I am all for it. BUT I will watch it with them and IF it wavers from something appropriate to some sort of "pro-president (insert ANY name)" then the TV will get changed.

Jeff, I really can't see how you and the other "pro-Obama" folks (for lack of a better term) cannot see, that it is very very unlikely with the unrest within our nation for this speech to "stay on task" and just address "school children's issues" such as staying in school. If I were in Vegas, I would be betting that there is going to be SOMETHING off task ie health care, taxes, ecomony, wars or SOMETHING.

WRL
    Obama's speech, as with Reagan's and Bush's speeches before, is a resource being made available to school districts across the country. Different school districts will have different policies. Two of the districts around me have opted not to show the speech at all. Three other districts have adopted varying policies. None is showing the speech in a mandatory assembly setting. Personally, I would be very upset if his speech is as political as the one by Ronald Reagan. I would not be upset at all if it was as unpolitical as the speech by George H. W. Bush.

I think the issue is:

#1--"the Obama" is on broadcast media 24/7.
    #2--He is always in campaign mode.
    #3--People are seeing through his rhetoric.
    #4--He is no longer trusted!!

All because of Glen Beck!!
    Stan b & Elvis