The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Indoctorination of Obama's Youth

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    And Randi Rhodes, Jeanine Garafalo, and Al Franken with the rest of the Air America crew dont preach the same type of garble from the left...each side has their political commentators..just because you dont agree with their message that doesnt make them " nut cases "
    its really what living in America is all about. Be very thankful that we live in a country where you still get a choice of who you want to listen to,just because you dont agree with them doesnt mean they are wrong
    I agree with what you say, except I think there's a difference between honest policy disagreement, even name-calling...and comparing someone to arguably the most evil person to walk the earth, responsible for nearly wiping out an entire ethnic group of people, don't you?

Call him the Joker all day, but Hitler is different. Esp nowadays where these pundits know that there are loose cannons out there who just may be inspired to act upon these characterizations with a sense of ritcheousness. (on both sides) The Joker and Darth don't typically evoke viceral responses in people.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Both sides are GUILTY of using vile characters to associate their mythical boogey man.

the far left used to use the jackbooted thugs and made VP Cheney to be the most evil dangerous man on earth

the far right uses the Hitler reference because no one in their right mind can defend anything he did as being sane or just

I think thats one of the things that further polarizes our country is both extremes playing their cards while most of America lies somewhere left of center and somewhere right of center and neither group has anyone speaking in their behalf
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Dnf777, hows your 401K doing? Are you happy with the current value of your home? If you have stock portfolio, are you happy with it? Just wait until the Joker gets into your health care. Long after your gone your kids and grand kids will be facing the debt the Joker has inflicted on this country.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    And Randi Rhodes, Jeanine Garafalo, and Al Franken with the rest of the Air America crew dont preach the same type of garble from the left...each side has their political commentators..just because you dont agree with their message that doesnt make them " nut cases "
    its really what living in America is all about. Be very thankful that we live in a country where you still get a choice of who you want to listen to,just because you dont agree with them doesnt mean they are wrong
    Itís not that I disagree with them that makes them nut cases. What makes them nut cases, in my opinion, are baseless, slanderous accusations being leveled at Obama when he doesnít deserve it. Some of the accusations being made are gross exaggerations that defy simple logic (comparison to Hitler, indoctrination of youth, reparations, etc). Their only purpose can be to mislead those willing to listen and follow without thinking about. It really doesnít matter to me if this sort of inane rhetoric comes from the extreme left or the extreme right, itís equally ridiculous.

Can an Obama supporter please tell where are all the jobs that were supposed to be created by Obama's Stimulus Package? Unemployment is the highest in 25 years and being reported anywhere from 9.7% to 16%. Another Snow Job.
    How about Cash For Clunkers? Here are the facts.
    A vehicle at 15 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 800 gallons of gas per year. A vehicle at 25 mpg and 12,000 miles uses 480 gallons a year.
    So, getting rid of each average Clunker will reduce US gasoline consumption by 320 gallons per year.
    They claim 700,000 vehicles - so thats 224 million gallons/ year.
    That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil.
    5 million barrels of oil is about 1/4 of one days US consumption.
    And, 5 million barrels of oil costs about $350 million dollars at $75/bbl.
    So we all contributed to spending $3 billion to save $350 million.

And These Clowns want to run our Health Care????

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    Dnf777, hows your 401K doing? Are you happy with the current value of your home? If you have stock portfolio, are you happy with it? Just wait until the Joker gets into your health care. Long after your gone your kids and grand kids will be facing the debt the Joker has inflicted on this country.
    My latest summary shows I'm up 30% this year. If I could do that every year, I'd be able to retire and spend more time with the dogs while I still resemble a young man!

I live in a chronically depressed area, so our home values didn't soar with the bubble, and didn't burst with the crash. Pretty even there.

If you want to assign 401k performance to the president's policies, I assume you were a HUGE Clinton fan! I can't recall the specific numbers, but didn't the DJIA triple during his tenure as president? (Now I don't believe that, but you seemed to link 401k performance with the president?)

As for our kids paying off debt...the Joker's mask has been worn by several presidents lately, Obama being the last in a string of two Bushes and one Reagan, when it comes to running up the national debt.
    Last edited by dnf777; 09-08-2009 at 07:44 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Can an Obama supporter please tell where are all the jobs that were supposed to be created by Obama's Stimulus Package?
    I could answer with the question, "where is all the economic stimulus that Bush's tax cuts were promised to produce? All the jobs?" But I won't.

But come on! You know darn well that NO policy is going to cure our economic woes overnite, in a year, or probably not even in a presidential term. I"m no Obama supporter, but I guess after the past 8 years of failure, I'm willing to give him a fair chance, just like I did for Bush. He himself warned that there was no magic bullet, and this will take a long time to turn around. (Obama)

Your question IS the BIG question. Will the massive investment we call the stimulus package work? Or is it only going to create a flash in the pan to get us by another few years. Personally, I fear that is the case, but I pray that I"m wrong, because we're gonna run out of options here if something doesn't work. I think our best hope of recovery is a relative recovery, meaning that other major economies will falter worse than ours, and subsequently save the value of the dollar. Like it or not, that may result from the labor movements taking hold in China and other emerging labor markets. Yes, that means unions...demanding living conditions that OUR workers fought for, and ultimately rendered us non-competitive in the global economy.

Another concern with the stimulus package is a lack of accountability. Bush and Obama share this blame. I remember the bank bailout when Hank Paulson held up a ONE page document outlining how 790 billion would be allocated! It takes me an 8 page consent form to remove a mole off someone's butt, and he was going to hand over 800B with ONE page of conditions??!! Obama has not corrected this, and I fear we funded LOTS of extravagant executive perks this year.

Can an Obama supporter please tell where are all the jobs that were supposed to be created by Obama's Stimulus Package? Unemployment is the highest in 25 years and being reported anywhere from 9.7% to 16%. Another Snow Job.
    How about Cash For Clunkers? Here are the facts.
    A vehicle at 15 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 800 gallons of gas per year. A vehicle at 25 mpg and 12,000 miles uses 480 gallons a year.
    So, getting rid of each average Clunker will reduce US gasoline consumption by 320 gallons per year.
    They claim 700,000 vehicles - so thats 224 million gallons/ year.
    That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil.
    5 million barrels of oil is about 1/4 of one days US consumption.
    And, 5 million barrels of oil costs about $350 million dollars at $75/bbl.
    So we all contributed to spending $3 billion to save $350 million.

And These Clowns want to run our Health Care????
    When this process started, I commented that no one would ever be able to prove definitively whether the stimulus package helped or not and whether it created jobs or not. That, by the way, is true of all economic policies. Republicans have routinely claimed that tax cuts increase revenues, create jobs, and stimulate the economy regardless of context. If I accepted all that was stated by Supply Siders, I would reduce all taxes to negative levels (that is, the government pays the tax payers) and rest assured that tax revenues would go up anyway and that the economy would finally begin reaching its true potential. The reality is that there is never any proof. There are only economc models that try to dissect what has happened and what will happen based on theoretical constructs of the economy. Some of these models are better tested than others, but none is perfect.

As I noted in an eralier post, economists interviewed by the Wall Street Journal believe that the stimulus program has contributed about 3% growth to the economy. (See http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125185379218478087.html) That represents almost the entire growth now being seen. It translates to jobs saved and jobs created on a legging basis. That is, job increases are one of the last things to happen during an economic recovery. However, it is notable that job losses have slowed much faster than most economists had predicted.

dnf777, get over blaming everything on Bush. Under Bush the NYSE DJIA went to 14,164. It has tanked since Osama took office. The DJIA right now is in the 9400 range a full 5000 pts lower. You must be using creative math when you state your stock portfolio is up 30% under the Joker. Interesting how the unemployment rate is at a 25 year high with all the jobs Obama created. Hows that????? Did you read my post on the Cash for Clunkers debacle???? It is also interesting that Obama reached the lowest Presidential approval rating the fastest since Truman. Hows that???? I guess not everyone thinks like you do.

dnf777, get over blaming everything on Bush. Under Bush the NYSE DJIA went to 14,164. It has tanked since Osama took office. The DJIA right now is in the 9400 range a full 5000 pts lower. You must be using creative math when you state your stock portfolio is up 30% under the Joker. Interesting how the unemployment rate is at a 25 year high with all the jobs Obama created. Hows that????? Did you read my post on the Cash for Clunkers debacle???? It is also interesting that Obama reached the lowest Presidential approval rating the fastest since Truman. Hows that???? I guess not everyone thinks like you do.
    The "lowest approval rating"? He's still at twice of what W left office!
    Check American Growth Funds. Up 24% in past 12 months. I'm not giving away all my investments. I pay too much for that advice! Again, I don't credit presidents with stock market performance. I just asked where the jobs and economic growth due to Bush's tax cuts are? Is that not a legitimate question? I'd like to know before I choose who to support in 2012. You never learn unless you evaluate the outcomes of your actions.

I'll say again, I'm not an Obama supporter. I'm just willing to give the guy a chance, like I did for Bush. I also try to refrain from calling the President of the United States names. It undermines any point one is trying to make to resort to name calling. Legitimate debate can occur without demonization and name calling. I'm of the belief that both sides of the political spectrum have meaningful contributions and ideas. If we just name call and reduce ourselves to the lowest common denominators, we accomplish nothing.