The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Indoctorination of Obama's Youth

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    dnf777, get over blaming everything on Bush. Under Bush the NYSE DJIA went to 14,164. It has tanked since Osama took office. The DJIA right now is in the 9400 range a full 5000 pts lower. You must be using creative math when you state your stock portfolio is up 30% under the Joker. Interesting how the unemployment rate is at a 25 year high with all the jobs Obama created. Hows that????? Did you read my post on the Cash for Clunkers debacle???? It is also interesting that Obama reached the lowest Presidential approval rating the fastest since Truman. Hows that???? I guess not everyone thinks like you do.
    So, you think everything was going well before Obama took office? Housing prices had already plummeted. Unemployment was rising exponentially (from about 4.2% to 7.6%), and the stock market, after losing nearly 6,000 pts., was in the tank. The economy had actually been on a downhill slide since 2005, gaining momentum as it went. Obama inherited the worst economy since the great depression, and you think he should have been able to turn it all around in 8 months? Thatís pretty unrealistic.

The reality is it usually takes longer to fix things than it does to break them. Some of the things Obama is trying are going to work, and some are not. Thatís just the way it is. There are not set rules or quick fixes for fixing an economy on the verge of collapse. If there were, it would have already happened. Even some of the most highly regarded economist in the world canít agree on how to fix this mess. I may not agree with everything Obama has done so far, but I do believe he is trying. Only time will tell if heís right.

dnf777, get over blaming everything on Bush. Under Bush the NYSE DJIA went to 14,164. It has tanked since Osama took office. The DJIA right now is in the 9400 range a full 5000 pts lower. You must be using creative math when you state your stock portfolio is up 30% under the Joker. Interesting how the unemployment rate is at a 25 year high with all the jobs Obama created. Hows that????? Did you read my post on the Cash for Clunkers debacle???? It is also interesting that Obama reached the lowest Presidential approval rating the fastest since Truman. Hows that???? I guess not everyone thinks like you do.

Good Lord, talk about reinventing history. Take a look at the DJIA, the bottom was March 6, 2009. It fell off the cliff in 2008, when your hero was still president. It's up almost 30% since March.

Last edited by Buzz; 09-08-2009 at 10:44 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

THe economy failing was caused by multiple cycles collapsing at once... Usually they only line up once every 70 years. Innovation is the only way out, which higher taxes will prevent.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

As a followup on the President's speech. Two local school districts decided not to show the speech (both Republican controlled). In one, the school board is now under major fire. It has repeatedly allowed local Republicans to come into the schools and make presentations to the students without screening, but decided not to show the Obama speech. Initial statements suggested concern about the potential political content of the speech. Now, amid calls for a recall election, they are saying that they would have shown it but that they lacked the technology to rebroadcast an internet based speech to classrooms and were not aware the speech was also available on cable. For what it's worth, almost every school district that decided to go ahead and broadcast the speech is also Republican controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    As a followup on the President's speech. Two local school districts decided not to show the speech (both Republican controlled). In one, the school board is now under major fire. It has repeatedly allowed local Republicans to come into the schools and make presentations to the students without screening, but decided not to show the Obama speech. Initial statements suggested concern about the potential political content of the speech. Now, amid calls for a recall election, they are saying that they would have shown it but that they lacked the technology to rebroadcast an internet based speech to classrooms and were not aware the speech was also available on cable. For what it's worth, almost every school district that decided to go ahead and broadcast the speech is also Republican controlled.

They did not show it to my daughters class yesterday. We were at a birthday party last night, about half the kids saw it and about half the kids didn't. So, I imagine they left it up to the teachers.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

It is also interesting that Obama reached the lowest Presidential approval rating the fastest since Truman.
    How are you figuring that? If you want to look at quick slides in approval ratings, I think Gerald Ford might hold the record, going from 71% to 37% over a 7 month period, for an average slide of 4.86 percentage points/month. Obama has gone from 69% to 50% over 7 months, so that's 2.71 points per month. Looks like Gerald's got him beat! G.H.W. Bush also has him beat, with his approval rating declining by an average of 3.53 percentage points/month between his zenith and nadir. You neglected to mention that G.H.W. Bush is tied with Truman for the largest difference between a President's highest and lowest approval rating. It took more than 5 years for Harry's approval ratings to drop from their highest to lowest point, so he's not even in the running for top honors.

If you want to know which Presidents since 1937 have had the lowest single approval rating, they would be Truman (22%), Nixon (24%), and G.W. Bush (25%).

I believe that approval ratings are pretty much useless. They are driven more by the media and idiots who believe everything they watch on the dummy box than educated people who give a crap. Not to mention, you can get whatever ratings you want based on who and where you sample.

I find it hard to believe that the messiah's ratings will ever get into the 20% range, largely due to ignorance of his supporters and the MSM bias.
    ________
    Harmed By Prilosec
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I believe that approval ratings are pretty much useless. They are driven more by the media and idiots who believe everything they watch on the dummy box than educated people who give a crap. Not to mention, you can get whatever ratings you want based on who and where you sample.

I find it hard to believe that the messiah's ratings will ever get into the 20% range, largely due to ignorance of his supporters and the MSM bias.
    Do you mean the "educated people" that watch or listen to Limbaugh, Beck or Hannity?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Do you mean the "educated people" that watch or listen to Limbaugh, Beck or Hannity?
    Pot stirrer...No need to answer you. Re read the bold part. NO TV is 100% truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post

It will be difficult for the media to have much negative influence on Obama's poll numbers when you have 1 right wing station versus 2,375 liberal stations in a liberal world.
    ________
    Zoloft Lawyers
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    So, you think everything was going well before Obama took office? Housing prices had already plummeted. Unemployment was rising exponentially (from about 4.2% to 7.6%), and the stock market, after losing nearly 6,000 pts., was in the tank. The economy had actually been on a downhill slide since 2005, gaining momentum as it went. Obama inherited the worst economy since the great depression, and you think he should have been able to turn it all around in 8 months? Thatís pretty unrealistic.

The reality is it usually takes longer to fix things than it does to break them. Some of the things Obama is trying are going to work, and some are not. Thatís just the way it is. There are not set rules or quick fixes for fixing an economy on the verge of collapse. If there were, it would have already happened. Even some of the most highly regarded economist in the world canít agree on how to fix this mess. I may not agree with everything Obama has done so far, but I do believe he is trying. Only time will tell if heís right.

And how long had Frank and Dodd, et al, been manipulating Fannie and Freddie per the policies that were formulated in the Slick Willie administration?

Talk about chickens coming home to roost.

The thing that really bothers me is why the hell was Bush signing irresponsible legislation coming from a Democratic congress?

It was the Bush admin but far from republican/conservative legislation.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.