The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Be afraid, very afraid!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,786
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Meanwhile, Mr. Obama has hosted a private White House dinner to celebrate Ramadan, a Muslim religious holiday (during which adherents are supposed to fast),
    This struck me funny.


    The rest made me want to vomit.
    ________
    Toyota, aichi specifications
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:20 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    This struck me funny.


    The rest made me want to vomit.
    What surprises you?

    It's what he does, it's who he is!!

    Did he visit with any Christian leaders on National Day of Prayer??
    http://www.ndptf.org/about/index.cfm

    Too radical??


    OH, BTW---Where are all the separate Church & State people??

    You secular progressives' hypocrisy knows no bonds!!


    Just asking...........
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    No, it was funny because he had a dinner for a holiday when you are supposed to fast...


    SOOO....

    back off a little, bud...

    BTW, can I have my head back? I think you mistakenly bit it off.
    ________
    Chevrolet chevelle specifications
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:21 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    No, it was funny because he had a dinner for a holiday when you are supposed to fast...


    SOOO....

    back off a little, bud...

    BTW, can I have my head back? I think you mistakenly bit it off.
    During Ramadan you fast during the daytime and feast at night.

  6. #6
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    No, it was funny because he had a dinner for a holiday when you are supposed to fast...


    SOOO....

    back off a little, bud...

    BTW, can I have my head back? I think you mistakenly bit it off.
    No, No, I am with you.
    I am tired of the secular progressives on this board typing multiple paragraphs telling us what Obama really means.

    We know what he means, we are not stupid.
    We know the truth, it is not held by 1 person.

    Truth is that this is an assault on the American way of life.
    It is incredibly BRAZEN and few are standing up to it yet.

    I am sorry if you thought I was coming at you, I think we are probably on the same page, as most Americans are.

    We do not need vast wholesale change.

    As far as Obama talking to the kids in school??
    Maybe he should show them the "Constitution of the United Staes of America."

    Peace Brotha!!

    stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #7
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    What surprises you?

    It's what he does, it's who he is!!

    Did he visit with any Christian leaders on National Day of Prayer??
    http://www.ndptf.org/about/index.cfm

    Too radical??


    OH, BTW---Where are all the separate Church & State people??

    You secular progressives' hypocrisy knows no bonds!!


    Just asking...........
    I believe in complete separation of Church and State but have no problem at all with Presidents hosting prayer breakfasts, lighting Christmas trees or Menorahs, or hosting dinners for Ramadan or Passover. We are a country where people generally are religious to some extent, even if I am not, and where our Presidents have generally been religious. Why shouldn't our Presidents be able to celebrate his own religion and honor the religions of others?

  8. #8
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I believe in complete separation of Church and State but have no problem at all with Presidents hosting prayer breakfasts, lighting Christmas trees or Menorahs, or hosting dinners for Ramadan or Passover. We are a country where people generally are religious to some extent, even if I am not, and where our Presidents have generally been religious. Why shouldn't our Presidents be able to celebrate his own religion and honor the religions of others?
    Because he chose one over the other!!

    See, if you read the whole post & link, you will note he snubbed the "National Day of Prayer" people, but visited with the "Ramadan" people.

    Surely you can see the hypocrisy here......or maybe not.



    BTW---I know you are smart enough to knw what the seperation of Church & state really means anyway.
    It's to keep Govt out of the Church, not the Church out of Govt.
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #9
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Because he chose one over the other!!

    See, if you read the whole post & link, you will note he snubbed the "National Day of Prayer" people, but visited with the "Ramadan" people.

    Surely you can see the hypocrisy here......or maybe not.



    BTW---I know you are smart enough to knw what the seperation of Church & state really means anyway.
    It's to keep Govt out of the Church, not the Church out of Govt.
    The National Day of Prayer is a political event, nto a religious holiday. Ramadan is a holiday on par with Passover or Christmas in importance to believers. You are right, there is no comparison.
    Separation of church means that the trappings of government should not be used in support of religion. I have no problem with any member of government adhering to any religion or no religion. However, I have serious issues with a member of government using their governmental office in furtherance of religion.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The National Day of Prayer is a political event, nto a religious holiday. Ramadan is a holiday on par with Passover or Christmas in importance to believers. You are right, there is no comparison.
    Separation of church means that the trappings of government should not be used in support of religion. I have no problem with any member of government adhering to any religion or no religion. However, I have serious issues with a member of government using their governmental office in furtherance of religion.
    Wow. We agree. Then Obama shouldn't further the religion of Obama in the schools this coming Tuesday.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

    Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Similar Threads

  1. Dog's suddenly afraid of food dish...
    By Obabikon in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 04:29 PM
  2. AFC Absaroka Sioux Not Afraid 4/1/1996-7/21/2008 RIP
    By HC Waterfowler in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 01:10 PM
  3. Dog is afraid of boat dock. Help!
    By labman63 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 06:17 AM
  4. afraid of the woods?
    By LH in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 09:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •