The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be afraid, very afraid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    Wow. We agree. Then Obama shouldn't further the religion of Obama in the schools this coming Tuesday.
    Worse yet, he might be preaching in favor of personal responsibility, hard work, and perseverance. Children could be warped for life. Maybe we could start a new tradition where every President will do this at the beginning of every school year. We might create a monstrous generation of kids who are fanatically committed to getting a good education. Oh the horror....

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Worse yet, he might be preaching in favor of personal responsibility, hard work, and perseverance. Children could be warped for life. Maybe we could start a new tradition where every President will do this at the beginning of every school year. We might create a monstrous generation of kids who are fanatically committed to getting a good education. Oh the horror....
    Or brown shirts blindly following Dear Leader...

I say if he sticks to what he says he is going to talk about then who cares that he is giving a speech it is a good message. Although the trouble i have is that politicians seem to have a hard time not politicizing things so i have a hard time believe that the man who has been on a constant campaign will JUST give a speech about doing well in school. As of right now though I'll hold judgement.

During the Presidential Campaign Osama said he was a Christian. Isn't Ramadan A Muslim religious holiday? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    During the Presidential Campaign Osama said he was a Christian. Isn't Ramadan A Muslim religious holiday? WTF?
    Maybe you don't realize that George Bush was the person who started the tradition of Ramadan dinners in the White House. See http://www.usnews.com/blogs/god-and-...ge-w-bush.html

Banned

I guess listining to Limbaugh and Beck have a great influence on the far right here. Don't you people have a mind of your own? Do you really need right wing wackos to tell you what to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Nah, or the homework wouldn't be so focused on doing stuff for Obama. It is up to the community, parents, teachers, and local leaders to teach personal responsibility, hard work, and perserverance. I don't want a politician talking to my kids outside of my supervision. I don't want the religion of Obama preached in public schools.

As far as the community getting involved, I am involved in a project along with other great alumni including hall of fame baseball players to get young kids re-motivated in the proven winning ways of my hometown after several years of sliding.

I want to see the speech first removing anything with an "Obama" religious agenda on it. I would also like all references to the President or Obama removed from the homework assignments, and replaced with the words "school", "community", and/or "country". Third, it would reach many more kids if they would use Hannah Montana, Demi Lovato, Jonas Brothers, iCarly, along with a few sports stars.

Possibly a good idea, but it has "CULT", "AGENDA" and "Nazi Germany" written all over it, especially how it was being sneaked in.

BTW, NO, I don't watch FOX News, nor do I listen to talk radio.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It's to keep Govt out of the Church, not the Church out of Govt.
    So sayeth the supreme court of RoadKill??

come on, we don't need fancy restatements...the Constitution says it clearly....

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

MAKE NO LAW

It doesn't say it can't put "in God we trust" on coins. That is not making a law. By tendering coinage in a transaction does not mandate one to "trust in God". I see no problem with that. If Bush or Obama wants to put a Christmas tree in the whitehouse lawn....no problem. If Obama does not want to recognize "prayer day"...no problem. These are all NON mandates, and are not in dutch with the Constitution. I was raised Catholic and we never had a "national day of prayer"...we prayed every day. Why should I feel compelled to participate in something because a preacher from another denomination with political clout got a presidential declaration??

This is really a non-issue.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I guess listining to Limbaugh and Beck have a great influence on the far right here. Don't you people have a mind of your own? Do you really need right wing wackos to tell you what to believe?
    It's interesting. The left is always attacking conservatives because of the entertainment they listen to. I do not know of one person that basis their politics on any one of those people. I listen to them but I also listen to the other left wing entertainers also.

Why is it that the left does not have a viable alternative to conservative talk radio? Air America is a waste land and the few that have made it thus far are nuttier and nastier than Rush or Beck (i.e. Randy Rhodes / Ed Shultz) Heck the left even elected one of its own nut jobs. (Al Franken) Now that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    So sayeth the supreme court of RoadKill??

come on, we don't need fancy restatements...the Constitution says it clearly....

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

MAKE NO LAW

It doesn't say it can't put "in God we trust" on coins. That is not making a law. By tendering coinage in a transaction does not mandate one to "trust in God". I see no problem with that. If Bush or Obama wants to put a Christmas tree in the whitehouse lawn....no problem. If Obama does not want to recognize "prayer day"...no problem. These are all NON mandates, and are not in dutch with the Constitution. I was raised Catholic and we never had a "national day of prayer"...we prayed every day. Why should I feel compelled to participate in something because a preacher from another denomination with political clout got a presidential declaration??

This is really a non-issue.

Happy Ramadan!!
    Stan b & Elvis