The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GDG How are your schools handling this? GDG

Default GDG How are your schools handling this? GDG

As I am sure you have heard by now, there is a "speech" for our kids to watch in school on Tues. In my area there are some very unhappy parents that thought it was a bit sleezy to not even ask for the parents input on the matter and make the kids watch it without them. My kid's school is leaving it up to the individual teacher on if they will show it or not. I have not heard back from the teachers as to if they are showing it or not. Just curious on how other school districts nation wide are handling it.

Maybe I'm slow.... But what speach?

Thank God my kids go to a private school!! I don't have to worry one bit about them being forced to watch this trivial BS indoctrination.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Maybe "the Obama" could show them the "Constitution."
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
    Maybe I'm slow.... But what speach?
    Obama has a "back to school" speech planned for our kids on tues. This was never discussed with parents he just told the Dept of Education or should I say "urged" them to air it at 12 on tues. It even comes with lesson planes since our teachers are not smart enough to create something educational that goes with it. I am not going to go on about how I truly feel about it, but I think is a way to get to the kids without the parents blocking them. He could have aired it in the evening so you could sit and discuss it with them, but all the schools were blindsided with it. There still has been no "official" word from my school board about it. I just know its coming. If my kids teachers call back and say they are showing it, my kids get a 4 day weekend...maybe we will go dove hunting that afternoon while its still legal.

I imagine many kids will be "sick" that day!
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    CH. Justa Gingersnap CGC - Ginger Shiba Inu

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

I'm concerned about the increase in contrails ever since Obama got into office. And my water tastes a little different. I think he's trying to contaminate our precious bodily fluids!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Because of the concers of "what else" will be in the speech, our private schools will not show the broadcast. Our public schools are still debating the issue.

I would think because of all exposure this issue has received that Obama will keep the speech stricky on getting a good education and he will delete any other topics he may have wanted to indoctrinate young children to.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Because of the concers of "what else" will be in the speech, our private schools will not show the broadcast. Our public schools are still debating the issue.

I would think because of all exposure this issue has received that Obama will keep the speech stricky on getting a good education and he will delete any other topics he may have wanted to indoctrinate young children to.
    For now. I'm sure this little fireside chat is just the start of it. He will probably keep on until most people just lose interest, and no longer make a big deal over it. Let's see if the speech has anything in it that indicates it could be a continuing thing.

Senior Member Last Frontier Labs's Avatar

The public school where I work will be on the "Obama Schedule" next Tuesday. The whole day's schedule adjusted to the President's speech and follow up activities. Lot of Dems in the faculty.
    My children attend the catholic school and so far, not a word has been mentioned about watching Obama on Tuesday. They don't need the President telling them to stay in school and study hard. They hear it daily from their parents.
    Sherri Young

"It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson