The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: synovi g3_under investigation???

Default synovi g3_under investigation???

Ok, so I keep getting things about is being discontinued, but finally got
    that they are under investigation by the FDA
    http://www.petcarerx.com/pcrx/produc...arch=1&id=1100

I like this stuff-does anyone know the scoop?

Thanks!
    Christine
    "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable
    to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan." Irving Townsend.

Kristie Wilder

http://news.google.com/news?sourceid...N&hl=en&tab=wn

Check it out. I haven't read it all yet, but I have a few clients that use synovig3 and I like it, too...

Ok, well that helps, but what do I use until they get their act together?
    Any good prices on dasequin?

Seriously, what were they thinkng/?
    Christine
    "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable
    to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan." Irving Townsend.

I use Joint Max TS. One tablet with each meal. About the best I can find.

Kristie Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by D Osborn View Post
    Ok, well that helps, but what do I use until they get their act together?
    Any good prices on dasequin?

Seriously, what were they thinkng/?
    I don't know, but if I find out what my clients are going to use (one's a vet), I'll let you know...

“The FDA will not tolerate the manufacture and distribution of adulterated animal drugs,” said FDA Associate Commissioner Michael Chappell.

Are they accusing them of selling adulterated animal drugs? That is a powerful statement and different from lax quality control.

Banned

http://www.eniva.com/products/prod_animal_index.html

I found this to be the best for the money.

Angie

Demi, I use Dasuquin with MSM for one of my dogs (she has some orthopedic issues). I have found the best price through Amazon, the vendor is Ashley's Animal Ark. They have great prices and great service too. They are considerably cheaper than other online sources I have found.

Thanks everyone-
    Angie, I need something to help with muscles and fertility with my young dog, Will that help-that is why I liked the synovi, my old repro person liked it. I am already doing Vit E, and wheat Germ.
    Susan-For the older dog I will go with Dasuquin-thanks so much for the best place to get it.
    On another note, I have a ton of their products in my house-shampoo etc. Wonder what they did? did you see the fines????
    Christine

Demi, it said in one link what they are being fined for, and it didn't sound good. The fines are huge, and to shut them down I would think that the violations would have to be really big ones. I currently have some G3 here that one of my dogs is finishing up - frankly I'm not sure whether to feed it out or just switch her to Dasuquin or Cosequin. I've also got some Malaseb shampoo here that I use regularly, but the bottle is almost gone.

What's really scary is that this same company makes generic dog medications under the Teva name. I know for a fact that I've used some of those meds, because there was a thread on the Tick List a while back about them, and some of the people on the list were saying that they were wary of generics and would only use name brand drugs. At the time I thought there were a bit extreme, but now I'm not so sure.

Regarding the Dasuquin - I just went to order some more myself, and couldn't find the Dasuquin from Ashley's Animal Ark in Amazon. However, if you google Ashley's Animal Ark you can find it easily and order directly from there. They are currently selling the large bottle of Dasuquin with MSM for large dogs for $69.99 - a deal for that stuff.