The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh the horror. Text of Obama's Indoctrination Speech

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    So, out of curiosity, if the presidents before him did this, where is the change?

/Paul
    I might have studied a little more. Don't expect "in your face" miraculous results. Anything worth while, doesn't come easy or cheap.

Besides, any intellectual advancements made in the 80s or 90s were surely wiped out by the deep space vacuum of intellect named "W"! We gotta rebuild!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Besides, any intellectual advancements made in the 80s or 90s were surely wiped out by the deep space vacuum of intellect named "W"! We gotta rebuild!
    If true.....I'm praying at least one Doctor is watching with keen interest today.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacPherson View Post
    It was never about the speech. If they just would have said the President is going to talk to school kids about the importance of a good education nobody would have given it a second thought.
    Well, the President said exactly that himself in the first 70 seconds of his interview with a 11 year old in August. Damn left wing media must have been covering it up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP-695ATg-c

So, out of curiosity, if the presidents before him did this, where is the change?
    So, by your reasoning, if he does not do everything different than his predecessors he fails to live up to "change"? Wow, you must be really bummed that he generally continued Bush's policies on bailing out and stabilizing the banking industry, keeping defense secretary Gates, and now chairman Bernanke. What a disappointment. Perhaps, to sell more cars, create jobs in road painting, and fulfill his promise of "change", he should sign an executive order that turns our transportation system to one where we drive on the left side of the road too. Is that what you are looking for? Would that then meet your expectations for "change".

Banned

Hey, I have an idea, why don't we watch the speech and then comment on it.

On which station will it be televised and what time? I would like to record it and watch it later after I get off work so I can make my own assessment of what the speech was all about just so Obama doesn't slip in some mind controlling sublimital messages in there.

I know that sometimes, you get the sense from TV that you can be rich and successful without any hard work -- that your ticket to success is through rapping or basketball or being a reality TV star, when chances are, you're not going to be any of those things.
    Boy, he sure dashed a lot of dreams there...

Seriously, I dislike Obama as much as anybody, but there is really nothing in that text to take offense to. Sure, something may have been deleted, but we'll never know. Those that want to believe that something was taken out will, and those that don't want to believe won't. He really should have kept it a little shorter though. Somebody didn't think about the attention span of his audience.
    ________
    C PLATFORM
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:22 PM.

You know, in and of itself...the contents of the speech are admirable.

It was just the way it was presented and the accompanying class "material" that put off so many folks.

I daresay that no matter the party of the administration that attempted the same action would have met with disapproval.

Parents have a right to voice their opinions on the subject material presented to their kids and how it's presented.

Because of all the previous heavy-handedness from the current congress and administration has left people very jumpy and nervous as to the motives behind everything coming out of Washington, these days.

In cooking parlance, their presentation rates an "F".
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    He really should have kept it a little shorter though. Somebody didn't think about the attention span of his audience.
    I doubt many repubicans will be watching anyway....

Sorry...you kinda lobbed a meatball, couldn't help but swing!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Very nice...DNF. =)
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Well, the President said exactly that himself in the first 70 seconds of his interview with a 11 year old in August. Damn left wing media must have been covering it up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP-695ATg-c

So, by your reasoning, if he does not do everything different than his predecessors he fails to live up to "change"? Wow, you must be really bummed that he generally continued Bush's policies on bailing out and stabilizing the banking industry, keeping defense secretary Gates, and now chairman Bernanke. What a disappointment. Perhaps, to sell more cars, create jobs in road painting, and fulfill his promise of "change", he should sign an executive order that turns our transportation system to one where we drive on the left side of the road too. Is that what you are looking for? Would that then meet your expectations for "change".

So he ran and was appointed on "change" and "hope." Where are they?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

The change is in my pocket, its all I will have left after four years of this administration.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!