The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Facts On Obama's Cash for Clunker Program

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    As a stock holder of Government Motors I thank you for buying Amreican. To bad I wont get paid back from the great investment I did not have the option to make.
    As a fellow involuntary stock holder, I share your concern. That's why I bought GM. The company has to make money if we are going to see our investment back.

Besides, the vehicle is elegant in its design and construction. It is the first product in years I am willing to buy from an American company, especially GM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I am not responsible for the payment delay to your friends, the dealers. We merely took advantage of an opportunity offered to us.

The major reason for delay to the dealers is that the paperwork isn't in order. Ours was and it took 11 working days for payment to arrive. In the meantime, the dealer kept both vehicles.

Soon we will be seeing the USA in our Chevrolet.

Regards,
    My friends? How 'bout all the friends you have at dealerships? You know...the ones you listed on another thread about this same topic? Oh...I know...as long as YOUR paperwork went through, all is well....at least you're consistent....if they (or other dealers) go out of business because of OTHER payments they don't get, it's no skin off your _ _ _....

You're going to see a LOT fewer Chevrolet dealerships by this time next year. "The Letter" telling them which ones should close out their inventory by next October have gone out. Sure hope your dealer wasn't one of 'em....

GOOBERMENT motors regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    My friends? How 'bout all the friends you have at dealerships? You know...the ones you listed on another thread about this same topic? Oh...I know...as long as YOUR paperwork went through, all is well....at least you're consistent....if they (or other dealers) go out of business because of OTHER payments they don't get, it's no skin off your _ _ _....

You're going to see a LOT fewer Chevrolet dealerships by this time next year. "The Letter" telling them which ones should close out their inventory by next October have gone out. Sure hope your dealer wasn't one of 'em....

GOOBERMENT motors regards,

kg
    You must think the dealers are dolts, KG. The seller had a product that he was willing to sell at X price. We were willing to buy that product at that price. Transaction completed. We go on our merry ways. That is business the private enterprise style.

The way you are grieving, KG, maybe doing missionary work in Darfur or being a minister of the gospel would suit your sentiments more precisely. How about working as a nice warm, fuzzy social worker?

Me, I'm no Mother Theresa--life is simpler that way.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    You must think the dealers are dolts, KG. The seller had a product that he was willing to sell at X price. We were willing to buy that product at that price. Transaction completed. We go on our merry ways. That is business the private enterprise style.
    On a normal day, you are correct. BHO offering $3 BILLION of OUR money to pull forward the buying cycle by three months, not to mention not paying the MAJORITY of dealers in a timely fashion. Not thinking the long term consequences out before acting is what is going to make the AFTERMATH of CforC so devastating...but you don't care, so why do I bother to explain it.... Acting before thinking is going to become the hallmark of this administration....that's CHANGE we can live with, right?

The way you are grieving, KG, maybe doing missionary work in Darfur or being a minister of the gospel would suit your sentiments more precisely. How about working as a nice warm, fuzzy social worker?
    Your sarcasm is exceeded only by your ignorance....but you don't care, so I won't bother to explain it....

Me, I'm no Mother Theresa--life is simpler that way.
    That much is abundantly clear...you are her diametric...as most of us are, frankly...but we don't BRAG about it...

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

I don't usually wade into political discussions, but thought I would give my perspective on this one. I can't say whether or not CFC was a good idea across the board or not, but it was a huge relief to me. I cashed in a 95 Chevy Blazer for my new car. That Blazer was a true clunker, the very car this program was designed to get off the road. My new car is averaging 40 mpg, and I am loving it.

One thing that really struck me was when I was at the dealer signing papers. The finance guy made a comment that he liked the program because most of the people taking advantage of it were folks that never get anything from the government, and it was about time they got something too.

I know my old Blazer was not worth $4500. No one on earth would have given me that kind of money for it. But, thanks to CFC I was able to afford a new car when I really needed one that I would not have been able to afford otherwise. In the long run, I will save a lot of money because of it.

I know there are people that took advantage of it, but that happens with every program. Time will tell if the program was worth it overall or a big failure, but as far as I am concerned, I am very happy I was offered the opportunity.

Latisha

Don't take this the wrong way, but most people do enjoy handouts. Who wouldn't?

The people that don't enjoy them are the ones that are paying for them without getting anything in return.

There is no such thing as a free lunch regards,
    ________
    Medical marijuana patients
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:27 PM.

An interesting follow up on this is Ford sold more F150s under the CFC program than Toyota sold Prius!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32958411/ns/business-autos/

Interesting read:

http://www.boston.com/business/artic...s_clamor_ends/

Problem seems to be solved!!
    Stan b & Elvis