The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facts On Obama's Cash for Clunker Program

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    You had your chance.
    Sure did...

Actually, unlike many who went and traded in their 'clunkers', I won't be getting a visit from the repo man in a few months. I am smart enough to buy only what I can afford...
    ________
    Vaporizer
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    First, the average trade in/upgrade was not 10mpg better. There are no averages available but the minimum requirement was an improvement of 4mpg!!!
    News reports say the average was 11 to 12 mpg improvement.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Sure did...

Actually, unlike many who went and traded in their 'clunkers', I won't be getting a visit from the repo man in a few months. I am smart enough to buy only what I can afford...
    Save you nickles and dime and get a fresh repo at a discount.
    Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Thats right the Government is waaaaayyy smarter than you and knows how to spend YOUR money on someone else. Dont hold out for a thank you card.
    Sarge got his...nothing else matters....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

News reports say the average was 11 to 12 mpg improvement.
    The way the program was structured, a vehicle getting as little as 4mpg's would qualify. One could get the Government Assistance money by trading a vehilce getting 18mpg's for one that gets 22mpg's.

What they average per vehicle actually came out to, no one knows. Not the goobs nor the reporters. They can spin it anyway they want to. I just think everything about the program is bad for the American tax payer. The program was poorly written and for the money did NOt accomplish very much. But then again, look who we have running the show.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Sarge got his...nothing else matters....

kg
    What?? You think you are the only guys that pay taxes??

My tax money gets spent on a war in Iraq whose pretext was a fabrication. My tax money also went for the thoroughly useless Tennessee - Tombigbee canal so someone could float a hand full of Chris Crafts down it. My taxes have gone to build sports stadiums for billionaires with millionaire athletes.

I don't get farm subsides or oil drilling subsides. I don't get no bid contracts to build shoddy barracks or have it squandered on a bunch of inept hitmen. I don't get a write off for three Martini lunches.

Yeah. I got a measly $4500 of MY tax money back. Happy I did and I'm totally non repentant.
    Sarge

Last edited by zeus3925; 09-10-2009 at 07:15 AM.
    Sarge

What should I be worried about????

What that article fails to mention is the MILLIONS of dollars owed to dealerships by the government. I didn't use BILLIONS (close to $3, give or take) because no single dealership is owed that much. However, I know of at least three that are owed over $250k EACH and they haven't seen a dime of it yet. How long do you think those folks can operate with that sort of hole in their cash flow?

Believe what you want to believe, Sarge...

Oh, yeah...sorry...you don't care...

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    What should I be worried about????

What that article fails to mention is the MILLIONS of dollars owed to dealerships by the government. I didn't use BILLIONS (close to $3, give or take) because no single dealership is owed that much. However, I know of at least three that are owed over $250k EACH and they haven't seen a dime of it yet. How long do you think those folks can operate with that sort of hole in their cash flow?

Believe what you want to believe, Sarge...

Oh, yeah...sorry...you don't care...

kg
    I am not responsible for the payment delay to your friends, the dealers. We merely took advantage of an opportunity offered to us.

The major reason for delay to the dealers is that the paperwork isn't in order. Ours was and it took 11 working days for payment to arrive. In the meantime, the dealer kept both vehicles.

Soon we will be seeing the USA in our Chevrolet.

Regards,
    Sarge

I am not responsible for the payment delay to your friends, the dealers. We merely took advantage of an opportunity offered to us.

The major reason for delay to the dealers is that the paperwork isn't in order. Ours was and it took 11 working days for payment to arrive. In the meantime, the dealer kept both vehicles.

Soon we will be seeing the USA in our Chevrolet.

Regards,

As a stock holder of Government Motors I thank you for buying Amreican. To bad I wont get paid back from the great investment I did not have the option to make.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan