The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Speech

Default The Speech

I'm going to noodle on this overnight, before rendering any kind of analysis. I don't want to be reactionary...but break it down piece by piece.

I'd like to find the text of the speech...anybody got a source?

There was a lot of well meaning, well intentioned ideas. Getting any of them into legislation is a whole nuther matter. I just wish Obama and his party in the congress could get anywhere near the same page. I thought there were some very ominous remarks that almost precluded this won't be a bipartisan effort. I was really dismayed with the insignificant bone thrown on tort reform.

My overall impression is where the heck is the money coming from to pay for the 30-40 million new insured? Not "one dime" of new spending? We'll get it from doing away with fraud and abuse in the current system?

I'm afraid the president is whistling past the graveyard on the funding.

I thought Axelrod was a total dick. Instead of looking forward to what his boss says can be done....he spews the same old rancid puke about Bush and Rove.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Last edited by YardleyLabs; 09-09-2009 at 09:55 PM.

I love Joe Wilson. Give that man a ceegar!

We live in Cuba now.

Didn't the speech state there were 30 million uninsured, a drop from 47 million?

Eric

Sorry, couldn't watch this crap. Busy scouting.... while we can
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Didn't the speech state there were 30 million uninsured, a drop from 47 million?

Eric
    Apparently this does not include the 17 million illegals he says he's not going to insure.
    The problem is the numbers, they just don't pencil and everyone, including him, knows it.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post

Eric
    No, he didn't. He only referred to "tens of millions" of uninsured.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacPherson View Post
    Apparently this does not include the 17 million illegals he says he's not going to insure.
    The problem is the numbers, they just don't pencil and everyone, including him, knows it.
    I think the numbers of been very clear. For the number of uninsured, the source is part of an annual census survey. The 47 million represents a reduction from the prior year. We should be receiving updated numbers in the next week or so when the 2009 current population survey is released.

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    I'm going to noodle on this overnight, before rendering any kind of analysis. I don't want to be reactionary...but break it down piece by piece.

I'd like to find the text of the speech...anybody got a source?

There was a lot of well meaning, well intentioned ideas. Getting any of them into legislation is a whole nuther matter. I just wish Obama and his party in the congress could get anywhere near the same page. I thought there were some very ominous remarks that almost precluded this won't be a bipartisan effort. I was really dismayed with the insignificant bone thrown on tort reform.

My overall impression is where the heck is the money coming from to pay for the 30-40 million new insured? Not "one dime" of new spending? We'll get it from doing away with fraud and abuse in the current system?

I'm afraid the president is whistling past the graveyard on the funding.

I thought Axelrod was a total dick. Instead of looking forward to what his boss says can be done....he spews the same old rancid puke about Bush and Rove.
    Why not start there and then come to the American Public with his plan for Nirvana?
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    No, he didn't. He only referred to "tens of millions" of uninsured.

I think the numbers of been very clear. For the number of uninsured, the source is part of an annual census survey. The 47 million represents a reduction from the prior year. We should be receiving updated numbers in the next week or so when the 2009 current population survey is released.
    Yes he did. "There are now more than thirty million American citizens who cannot get coverage."

http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/09/ful...r=contextstory

"We are the only advanced democracy on Earth---"

Dang, I thought We were a Republic guess I was wrong & we do have 57 States too.