The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Speech

Quote Originally Posted by tpaschal30 View Post
    The point is there were alternatives and choices. There are charities, federal, and state programs already in place. Nursing home care can do the same thing financially. The man was not forced into anything, other than dieing, and none of us are getting out of here alive.
    Medicare and Medicaid also take of those who have not been responsible all their lives. As does welfare.
    Any options available are there despite the Republicans. After all, why should they pay for the care of someone who in their mind has not earned it. I'm getting a chuckle out of Republican politicians casting themselves as defenders of Medicaid and Medicare.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

The same is true for small companies. Coverage for an individual through my company plan was $760/month and coverage for a family was $2100. The same plan through a larger company group was $420 for an individual and $800 for a family.
    When I worked for a small company, one of my responsibilities was selecting health insurance. Having had some experience in a life/health insurance office, I chose BS/BS ... a primary reason for that selection was that it allowed the employee, if terminated, guaranteed conversion to individual coverage with no loss of benefits.

I had to use that option myself a couple of years later! I currently pay $380/mo for individual coverage (just myself). I will admit that over time my coverage has changed. I have a $1500/year deductible now; much higher than it was just about 5 years ago. I do not belong to a "group" of any kind.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Any options available are there despite the Republicans. After all, why should they pay for the care of someone who in their mind has not earned it. I'm getting a chuckle out of Republican politicians casting themselves as defenders of Medicaid and Medicare.
    As I've stated before Medicare and Medicaid should end or stop enrollment. It is a large part of the nonmarket based health care system that offers fewer choices than a market based system where the providers are employed by the patients. If only the people who were in true need and not laying on their AZZes were taking part in the system no one would have a problem, but the entitlement mentality along with pure fraud makes it a grand waste of money, and it destroys lives by disincentivizing self reliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    When I worked for a small company, one of my responsibilities was selecting health insurance. Having had some experience in a life/health insurance office, I chose BS/BS ... a primary reason for that selection was that it allowed the employee, if terminated, guaranteed conversion to individual coverage with no loss of benefits.

I had to use that option myself a couple of years later! I currently pay $380/mo for individual coverage (just myself). I will admit that over time my coverage has changed. I have a $1500/year deductible now; much higher than it was just about 5 years ago. I do not belong to a "group" of any kind.
    I actually tried to buy BC/BS but they required 100% participation which we did not have.

As I've stated before Medicare and Medicaid should end or stop enrollment. It is a large part of the nonmarket based health care system that offers fewer choices than a market based system where the providers are employed by the patients. If only the people who were in true need and not laying on their AZZes were taking part in the system no one would have a problem, but the entitlement mentality along with pure fraud makes it a grand waste of money, and it destroys lives by disincentivizing self reliance.
    I rest my case...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Imagine how quickly health prices would drop if we increased the number of uninsured from 46 million to 131 million by getting everyone off Medicaid and Medicare. Personally, I think that would make great sense at the same time as we eliminate all employer paid health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I actually tried to buy BC/BS but they required 100% participation which we did not have.
    That was easy for our company: less than 10 employees, and the owners stood to benefit from the coverage as well since they were also employees. The company paid for the premium for everyone, so 100% participation was a piece of cake
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Why would you "love" a guy who jumps up and makes an ass out of himself?

Joe Wilson said it was a lie when Obama said the health care plan did not include illegal immigrants. John McCain said on one of the morning shows that no where in his health plan did it provide for illegal immigrants.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...the_union.html

Amazing.........
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I have a real hard time understanding the difference between some boo's and calling the president a liar in front of the congress and the country.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Imagine how quickly health prices would drop if we increased the number of uninsured from 46 million to 131 million by getting everyone off Medicaid and Medicare. Personally, I think that would make great sense at the same time as we eliminate all employer paid health insurance.

Jeff...what the hell would be left?
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.