The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbiased news source??

Default Unbiased news source??

There seems to be a never ending patterns of someone making a claim, it being attacked, it being supported by a reference, the REFERENCE then being attacked......on and on....

Lets hear of some people's honest idea of a NON-BIASED news source? Fox? CNN? Lehmans' News Hour? We all know where to go when we want OUR opinions and views validated, but realize they are not truly unbiased. So where are the plain, vanilla news facts reported?

I would have made a poll, but I don't know who all to include.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I get all my news from forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I get all my news from forums.
    I get mine from Yardley!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Real Clear politics .com but I watch Fox news..also listen to various stations on satellite radio when I am on the road
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I was flipping between Fox, CNN and Msnbc the other day, they were all covering the same story because I recognized the same pictures but the reporting could not have been any different
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    There seems to be a never ending patterns of someone making a claim, it being attacked, it being supported by a reference, the REFERENCE then being attacked......on and on....

Lets hear of some people's honest idea of a NON-BIASED news source? Fox? CNN? Lehmans' News Hour? We all know where to go when we want OUR opinions and views validated, but realize they are not truly unbiased. So where are the plain, vanilla news facts reported?

I would have made a poll, but I don't know who all to include.
    There is no such thing as unbiased news. Read the book, "How to Lie with Statisitics", and you will never read or listen to ANY news the same again. You will question your own brainwashing from the media of your preference.

I look at the facts, and what the economists say is best for the USA, and my beliefs for freedom and the the risks associated with freedom.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

I was listening to Minnesota Public Radio the other day and the guest interviewee, who was a journalist (can't recall the name anymore), said the objective reporting we used to get from the news media has given way to the journalism of advocacy and hype. Instead of informing, it inflames and contributes greatly to the polarization we see in the body politic. I think he was spot on.

It is really great for the profit line as you can cut reporting the staff that really can bore down to the truth. Just take a story off the wire, speculate wildly on its meaning, and call it news. There is cash in feeding the masses raw meat, but, it doesn't lend much to cool decision making needed to keep the nation functioning.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Simply put, it's about generating income.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    There is no such thing as unbiased news. Read the book, "How to Lie with Statisitics", and you will never read or listen to ANY news the same again. You will question your own brainwashing from the media of your preference.

I look at the facts, and what the economists say is best for the USA, and my beliefs for freedom and the the risks associated with freedom.
    Read it in college as an assignment. GREAT book. But aren't economists also biased? I doubt many on this forum read and digest what Paul Krugman or Thom Freidman say!? When you say you "look at the facts"...that is my question....WHERE do you get unbiased facts? (I know, facts in and of themsevles are unbiased, but the media that delivers them often are!)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I doubt many on this forum read and digest what Paul Krugman or Thom Freidman say!?

I do! And I bet there wouldn't be too many here that would be surprised...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)