The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama: "We will call you out."

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    Do you support Cass Sunstien as the Reglatory Czar too?
    Buzz, Henry, Yardley - I noticed you all avoid this question. We can't have an open discussion by cherry picking questions.

Will you all be called out by Obama for opposing this Czar?

Or do you all support everything about Obama?
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

From the New Hampshire Union Leader...

"President Obama has shown us that to achieve the unrealized promise of this great nation, we must transcend outdated values such as public thrift, individual liberty and restrained government. All power must be shifted to Washington and deposited in the hands of a wise and benevolent ruler whose will is never questioned...To do anything less is to guarantee disaster."

Our President is nothing more than a young, well-spoken liberal fascist. He won and he will trump us and the next 4 years will be brutal.

We live in Cuba now.

I guess you missed the interviews of Obama's people advocating end of life counseling. Those on that panel being interviewed denied what the published in their literature. They have a hidden agenda, and backtracked and lied about it every time they are called on it.

Every rose has a thorn, and some thorns have flowers. Anytime something involves more government control, it is usually the case of a lot of thorns hidden by one flower presented to the people no matter the political affiliation.
    End of life counseling and information about "final directives" has been a Republican sponsored issue under Medicare for years -- often with proposals sponsored by the same people who are now talking about death panels.

Find any place in the House bill, the President's proposals or any comparable source that creates death panels. Do you believe that information should be withheld on a patient's right to direct how they will be cared for in the event they are no longer able to give direction? I have the right to stipulate that I want everything possible to be done to keep me alive for as long as possible, or I can direct that I do not want any treatment at all in the end that I am unable to direct my care. Either way, it should be my choice. That is both a moral and legal imperative now. All the house bill did was to allow physicians to bill for time spent helping patients to understand and take advantage of their rights. Calling that "euthanasia counseling" or a "death panel" is a blatant lie by people who know better but have decided that their cause is served better by lies than by the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    End of life counseling and information about "final directives" has been a Republican sponsored issue under Medicare for years -- often with proposals sponsored by the same people who are now talking about death panels.

Find any place in the House bill, the President's proposals or any comparable source that creates death panels. Do you believe that information should be withheld on a patient's right to direct how they will be cared for in the event they are no longer able to give direction? I have the right to stipulate that I want everything possible to be done to keep me alive for as long as possible, or I can direct that I do not want any treatment at all in the end that I am unable to direct my care. Either way, it should be my choice. That is both a moral and legal imperative now. All the house bill did was to allow physicians to bill for time spent helping patients to understand and take advantage of their rights. Calling that "euthanasia counseling" or a "death panel" is a blatant lie by people who know better but have decided that their cause is served better by lies than by the truth.
    Yardley, I am going to have to agree with you here to a point.
    My wife had pancreatic cancer.
    When the time came, the Nurse Practitioner & the Dr. in charge of the whole case and a Counseler (Psychologist) sat me down and explain what was in front of me.
    We had some decisions to make.
    As we moved tp Pallative care and then into Hospice I was informed of the decisions we (I) had to make and their ramifications.
    I don't know if I would call them "Death" panels, but they were informative and helpful as I did not have the experience of having gone thru this before.
    With out their oversight and help how would I know what to do?

Point is, there needs to be a support & educational offering as patients and care givers travel the process of dieing.

Issue??
    Having a Postal worker or DOT worker (civil service employee) replacing these wonderful caring people that helped me in my darkest time.

That, frankly, is the rub!!

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

That is a different topic than the guy that Obama put in charge of writing up portions of the government health plan that will look at your future productivity, and if the $$$ can be better spent helping a 20 year old, you are out of luck if you are 65 and retired.

"Sorry sir, you are retired and won't contribute as much to taxes in the future as this 24 year old who is in law school. I know there is a 50% cure rate for this medical problem, but our government plan sees a better chance on return by taking care of this 24 year old's medical problem. He will return more in taxes, and probably will be a democrat looking at the education field he has chosen. Here is some literature on how to accept your fate, or you can cash out more of your retirement funds and pay for the procedures out of pocket in Mexico or India."

Or even my own experience with HMO:

"I don't care if you are in pain, you can still walk." A year later after many returns to the Dr, "Okay, I will refer you to the orthopedic surgeon, I doubt he will find anything." Ortho Surgeon - "WOW, you can't straighten your leg when I put a slight pressure on it here. You have a torn medial meniscus cartilage. Your surgery is scheduled Friday." After surgery, "WOW, you had a major tear in there. Your knee cap, and knee has shown some major wear from that torn cartilage floating around in there. Expect to have a knee replacement down the road. These HMO's delaying necessary medical care is creating more costs down the road, and are a headache to deal with."

The government plan will be like the HMO.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Let the hate flow
    Yes we know ,,,its the typical liberal response when people disagree with the left

Pete

They will be making treatment choices for all. The choices at "end of life" will be included. "Maybe you will need just a pain pill rather than a pacemaker" to paraphrase the President. The are life and death decisions made now, but governments can't be sued without their permission, corporations can.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Issue??
    Having a Postal worker or DOT worker (civil service employee) replacing these wonderful caring people that helped me in my darkest time.

stan b
    The bill calls for doctors being reimbursed for providing these services. I don't know where you get that the bill calls for a civil service employee to take over that role.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

That is a different topic than the guy that Obama put in charge of writing up portions of the government health plan that will look at your future productivity, and if the $$$ can be better spent helping a 20 year old, you are out of luck if you are 65 and retired.

"Sorry sir, you are retired and won't contribute as much to taxes in the future as this 24 year old who is in law school. I know there is a 50% cure rate for this medical problem, but our government plan sees a better chance on return by taking care of this 24 year old's medical problem. He will return more in taxes, and probably will be a democrat looking at the education field he has chosen. Here is some literature on how to accept your fate, or you can cash out more of your retirement funds and pay for the procedures out of pocket in Mexico or India."

Or even my own experience with HMO:

"I don't care if you are in pain, you can still walk." A year later after many returns to the Dr, "Okay, I will refer you to the orthopedic surgeon, I doubt he will find anything." Ortho Surgeon - "WOW, you can't straighten your leg when I put a slight pressure on it here. You have a torn medial meniscus cartilage. Your surgery is scheduled Friday." After surgery, "WOW, you had a major tear in there. Your knee cap, and knee has shown some major wear from that torn cartilage floating around in there. Expect to have a knee replacement down the road. These HMO's delaying necessary medical care is creating more costs down the road, and are a headache to deal with."

The government plan will be like the HMO.
    Terry,

Where in HR 3200 or any other bill do you find that guy? I have not found it and I have not seen any reference to any bill that included any such provision.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Point is, there needs to be a support & educational offering as patients and care givers travel the process of dieing.

Issue??

stan b
    That is why I liked the fact that the House bill provided reimbursement to physicians to provide that type of counseling. Currently they may provide such advice, but Medicare will not pay for the service.