The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Obama: "We will call you out."

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    DNF said in part "The reason I keep mentioning this, is I am also very concerned about gov't spending. I've been saying that for the past 12 years. I want to make sure we don't forget who ran up our $11 Trillion debt, so we don't mistakenly elect them again and worsen the problem."

Let me get this straight.. Your concerned about the spending for the last 8 years but have no problem with the out of controll spending of Obama, Pelosi, Franks, etc and the hugh increase to the deficit this health care "solution" will cause. I don't get it and I don't think you can explain it.
    Sounds like you haven't read any of my other posts. I have frequently expressed concern for Obama's spending, including the post you responded to. My point was more about the selective outrage we're seeing from anti-Obama groups, who were silent during the multi-trillion debt increase under Bush. Can YOU explain THAT silence?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    While the original premise of going to Iraq may have been flawed, our action created a void in the orderliness of their society. We actually have, I believe, a responsibility to clean up the mess we created. A society doesn't move from multiple generations of being regimented by a tyrannical govt to freedom of thought & action overnight. There is a need to provide a safe environment so that the people can adapt to what freedom requires of them to keep it.

And what does setting a timetable to leave tell the enemy?
    ________
    Herbal Vaporizers
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    And what does setting a timetable to leave tell the enemy?
    We'll force democracy on them whether they want it or not!

shoe-duckin' regards,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Sounds like you haven't read any of my other posts. I have frequently expressed concern for Obama's spending, including the post you responded to. My point was more about the selective outrage we're seeing from anti-Obama groups, who were silent during the multi-trillion debt increase under Bush. Can YOU explain THAT silence?
    Obama's spending surpasses all previous presidents combined in only 8 months. That's enough to make the dead speak up...
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Obama's spending surpasses all previous presidents combined in only 8 months. That's enough to make the dead speak up...
    Where did you come up with that statement?

Federal spending under Bush totaled approximately $23 trillion. Federal spending under Obama totals about $2 trillion. Deficits incurred while Bush was President total about $5.7 trillion. Deficits incurred to date with Obama as President total about $1 trillion.

Well, that explains the silence....you're operating based on completely false numbers and misconceptions. Thank you for explaining though.

My point was more about the selective outrage we're seeing from anti-Obama groups, who were silent during the multi-trillion debt increase under Bush. Can YOU explain THAT silence?
    A lot of the deficit racked up by Bush surely can be traced to the military actions in Iraq and A'stan.

O campaigned on, and continues to say that A'stan is important militarily. In the campaign he even believed that AQ should be pursued into Pakistan if necessary.

I'm not really smart enough to figure that one out, and I certainly have far less info than should be at the disposal of the Pres & his generals.

Right or wrong, at the time that the Iraq stuff started lots of people believed that Saddam was concealing WMDs. Later information, proved that to be wrong. I've wondered if Saddam was bluffing to keep the West purposely afraid of what he might do, erroneously believing that would make them handle him carefully. Unfortunately for him, that backfired on him. The biggest question was how much was known or suspected about the WMD intelligence being faulty before the button was pressed.
    If we screwed up their country, we do have some responsibility to set it back up on its feet.

Surely, we would want to see them adopt the concepts of personal freedoms that we enjoy. Can we shove it down their throats? Not likely. However, the people who have recently died in Iran; those who died in Tiamenen (sp?) Square seemed to have tasted what democracy and individual freedom of thought were like, and were willing to die for it without us compelling them to do so.

Bush & O were on the same page with bailing out Wall Street. I think that was a turning point for people getting angry on a large scale. I know that I had no clue what a derivative was before the bailout. I saw the banks lending money to people with crapola qualifcation criteria, but I had no idea that financial "experts" were evidently more ignorant than I was ... by bundling the junk into retirement/pension funds! I didn't use any of those variable rate mortgages for my clients, but when the economy went into the dumper, even those with fixed rate mortgages suffered, especially if their income varied with commission (like my truck salesman client!)

So, I'd say that a lot of people were silent because they didn't know what was happening behind the scenes. Heck, people who should have had the financial astuteness to understand the sleight of hand didn't catch on! How could the rest of us?

But as the details were revealed and explained, and we watched the govt $ reward the greed, it made a lot of people hoppin' mad.

One might say that O's timing on deciding he wanted to be POTUS really sucked. He might have been smarter to let Hillary take this heat Or maybe H was smarter than she appeared when she bowed out. Maybe she figured O had a better chance to get the health care initiatives in place, since she was carrying baggage from her and Willy's attempts on that score?

Lots of possible reasons, I think for the "delayed reaction". Cheer up, Dave, you now have lots of support!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry,
    I love reading your replies, as they are always thought out and never rude or insulting. Nothing better than courteous, if not sometimes heated debate. I wish more on the far right (and a few on the far left) would take a cue from this, and stop hurling insults like "asshat", "liar" and the such. (or their shoes) Its far more productive to have logical, civil debate than much of the name-calling and insulting that we see too much of, and I thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Where did you come up with that statement?

Federal spending under Bush totaled approximately $23 trillion. Federal spending under Obama totals about $2 trillion. Deficits incurred while Bush was President total about $5.7 trillion. Deficits incurred to date with Obama as President total about $1 trillion.
    Out of my arse where I suspect most of the BS stats that are quoted here at the drop of a hat come from. Just guessing.....
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Out of my arse where I suspect most of the BS stats that are quoted here at the drop of a hat come from. Just guessing.....
    For what it's worth, mine came from the Conservative Heritage Foundation.