The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: leave ACORNS FOR THE DEER

Oh my god Acorn is found to have some employees who try to scam the system.
    In the last 15 year alone they have received 53 million dollars. And now they have been uncovered and been shown to have some unscrupulous employees who might funnel a few extra bucks to their friends or neighbors.
    C'mon now is this really worth the attention it has been getting?
    How about a reality check here. What about the no bid contracts given to some of the private contractors who were paid billions to help with the wars in Afganistan and Iraq. Or even worse the bailout of the financial industry who now we are finding out are using tax payer money to help pay out some of these absurd bonuses we hear about. I am not saying that these people at Acorn are justified in what there doing, if they are stealing or cheating the system then do what needs to be done including prosecution, but I think that the crumbs these people receive from Acorn should be put into perspective. When compared to the largess and excesses of Wall St it is not even a contest.

Obama's up to his behind with Acorn, he gave them $800,000 out of his campaign finances. Whose responsible for the stimulus plan? You guessed it Osama again.

ACORN wants another $6 million despite scandals

By: Kevin Mooney
    Commentary Staff Writer
    09/14/09 1:51 PM EDT

An ACORN affiliate has just submitted applications for over $6 million in government funding, despite the controversial videos of the organization’s workers aiding a child prostitution “promoter.”
    Employees with the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now (ACORN) in Washington D.C., Baltimore and Brooklyn told uncover investigators posing as a pimp and a prostitute how they could circumvent the law. ACORN has already fired four of the workers. But it claims the tapes have been “doctored” and “edited.”
    A third video implicating the ACORN workers was released today. Meanwhile, the ACORN Institute, one of many ACORN affiliates, has applied for over $6 million in grant money for broadband projects. ACORN and its various affiliates have received at least $53 million in federal funds since 1994.

Above is a portion of an article from the Washington Examiner website
    Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    UB, if ACORN could afford to pay Congressmen as much as they are paid by the NRA, the ABA, Pharma, etc., they would be very powerful. However, if you check on big campaign donors, you won't find them listed.

EDIT: To place this in context, between 1989 and 2008, the NRA spent over $50 million in independent political advertising. ACORN spent zero. The UAW spent $11 million.

I may have to renege on my moniker for you. When did I say Acorn was a lobbying organization? They are a corrupt organization, given 800 grand by Obama to sign up voters, which they did. Much like AIM did in Sodak, they paid 'workers' to sign up voters at "X-amount-of-$-per-vote".

But then, that is apparently quite normal for you Democrats, so I understand why it wouldn't raise any eyebrows in your camp.

If you feel buying votes isn't a show of power, you just aren't listening to the braying end of your donkey.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Yardley you just don't get it. Acorn doesn't give they only take. Who ever said they were a lobbying entity? You don't have a clue.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

House Republicans succeeded Thursday in eliminating federal funding to ACORN, the community organizing group that has come under heavy fire in the wake of damaging undercover videos that purport to show advisers giving tax fraud advice to a "pimp" and "prostitute."
    The House voted 345-75 to strike ACORN funding from a student aid bill with two voting present.
    House Minority Whip Eric Cantor, R-Va., applauded the vote.
    "ACORN has violated serious federal laws, and today, the House voted to ensure that taxpayer dollars would no longer be used to fund this corrupt organization," he said in a written statement. "All federal ties should be severed with ACORN, and the FBI should investigate its activity.
    "This united Republican effort to defund ACORN is a victory for the rule of law and taxpayers across the country."
    The vote was essentially symbolic because the student aid bill did not actually provide any funding to ACORN. But it does give Republicans more momentum as they continue to keep the pressure on ACORN, which is on its heels.
    In a procedural tactic known as "motion to recommit," Republicans essentially forced Democrats, who control the House, to vote on an issue that may leave some of them vulnerable in next year's mid-term elections.
    Republicans now have the firepower to run ads highlighting this vote, saying: "This lawmaker voted against defunding ACORN."
    But at least one Democrat who voted to strip funding, Rep. Zack Space of Ohio, said he was "outraged" by a series of videos taken by two undercover filmmakers dressed up as a pimp and a prostitute in order to get advice at local ACORN establishments on how to set up their brothel to pay taxes and get grants for federal funding.
    "I am outraged at the actions of ACORN's employees and believe they should be penalized to the full extent of the law," said Space. "Our government must be vigilant in ensuring that organizations that are found to act fraudulently do not receive taxpayer dollars."
    FOX News' Chad Pergram contributed to this report.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Front page news in our local paper that Pennsylvania's Bob Casey was one of the Senators to vote against stripping ACORN's funding.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    [B]ACORN has already fired four of the workers. But it claims the tapes have been ?doctored? and ?edited.?
    I have to callBS. If the videos were doctored, why would ACORN fire the workers? After all they did nothing wrong...
    ________
    OUTDOOR FORCED
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:37 PM.

That may actually even be transparent enough for those devoted to the "defend all things leftist" Kool-Aid drinkers. This one is so obvious.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    That may actually even be transparent enough for those devoted to the "defend all things leftist" Kool-Aid drinkers. This one is so obvious.

Evan
    There was nothing doctored, and those involved in the tapes should be not only fired, but investigated for criminal charges.

I'm not familiar with ACORN, other than what I see on conservative news outlets, and it appears they do good work to help people for the most part, with a few bad apples. Likening the entire organization to those caught on tape, is like branding all republicans based on the few cooks who make gorilla jokes about the obamas or print funny money with obama, fried chicken and watermelons on it.

I find it ironic that independent voters largely determined this election, and will likely determine the next one, and NO one is organizing these cooky, exaggerated protests in either direction form the independent center. Why don't the parties campaign to these folks, and stay on topic, and cast out their swift-boaters and acorners?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!