The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: leave ACORNS FOR THE DEER

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    There was nothing doctored, and those involved in the tapes should be not only fired, but investigated for criminal charges.

I'm not familiar with ACORN, other than what I see on conservative news outlets, and it appears they do good work to help people for the most part, with a few bad apples. Likening the entire organization to those caught on tape, is like branding all republicans based on the few cooks who make gorilla jokes about the obamas or print funny money with obama, fried chicken and watermelons on it.

I find it ironic that independent voters largely determined this election, and will likely determine the next one, and NO one is organizing these cooky, exaggerated protests in either direction form the independent center. Why don't the parties campaign to these folks, and stay on topic, and cast out their swift-boaters and acorners?
    I appreciate your thoughts. But I do hope you will give more effort to finding out on your own just who these people really are. Most people are just now finding out about them, and what they stand for because of this breaking news story. But there is nothing new about how corrupt to the core these people are, and it starts with the top of the organization and runs through all its appendages.

ACORN has a long and inglorious history of corruption, and is currently under investigation for voter fraud in 14 states at last count. But I'll stop there and let you look on your own. I try mostly to post up some information now and then, and let people make of it what they will.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Can't wait for them to tye them to the SEIU another bunch of Crooks.

http://patterico.com/2009/09/17/loui...tigates-acorn/
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Both houses of the US Congress have voted to cut off all funding to the criminal organization ACORN. Still nothing out of the White House regarding this issue. I wonder why? Surely it couldn't be the fact Obama worked for them.

He is gauging the public response so that he can play to the crowd when he finally speaks. Similar to what he did when speaking about AIG bonuses and waiting to release the speech to the schools. After he sees how the general public reacts, he will say something that doesn't put him in any hot water. When he actually speaks about something in a timely manner, we get fiascos like the Cambridge police cluster@@@@.
    ________
    BMW 3 SERIES (E21)
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:38 PM.

When interests collide with principles it seems interests always come on top.This article illustrates this perfectly and just because it is republicans cited in the article it is by no means limitied to just them. Democrats are just as guilty. http://www.southernstudies.org/2009/...m-in-2006.html
    It is not hard to see that no matter who is defrauding the government it is wrong, and if politicians want to play politics with principles than they should be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    When interests collide with principles it seems interests always come on top.This article illustrates this perfectly and just because it is republicans cited in the article it is by no means limitied to just them. Democrats are just as guilty. http://www.southernstudies.org/2009/...m-in-2006.html
    It is not hard to see that no matter who is defrauding the government it is wrong, and if politicians want to play politics with principles than they should be held accountable.
    Fascinating reading there, Cotts. A New Orleans based community activist sticking up for a New Orleans based community activist organization. I mean, that's so surprising. And while we're pretending that the article isn't written by a left wing hack who works hand-in-hand with Acorn sucking up Katrina relief money, let's pretend that the whole uproar about Acorn is because they were defrauding the government (even though Yardley and others claim that Acorn doesn't really get any fed money anyway). Sorry, but there aren't enough eye-rolling smilie thingamabobs to suffice.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

George Stephenopolis (sp) asked the messiah about ACRAP on sunday. The reply was to the effect that osama hadn't been following the story as he had more important things on his plate. If that isn't a typical reply for a dishonest Chicago politician I don't know what is. POTUS should be interested in all corruption involving taxpayers money being wasted.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Fascinating reading there, Cotts. A New Orleans based community activist sticking up for a New Orleans based community activist organization. I mean, that's so surprising. And while we're pretending that the article isn't written by a left wing hack who works hand-in-hand with Acorn sucking up Katrina relief money, let's pretend that the whole uproar about Acorn is because they were defrauding the government (even though Yardley and others claim that Acorn doesn't really get any fed money anyway). Sorry, but there aren't enough eye-rolling smilie thingamabobs to suffice.
    Not once in your reply did you refute what the article claimed. Instead of shooting the messenger read what was said then judge if the claims are valid. The main claim here is that 23 House members voted to investigate Acorn but when it came time to look into the actions of Blackwater they said aaaaaaaaaaaah maybe not. My question then is if there are activities going on that might be illegal or are fleecing taxpayers of money then why is ok to look into one and not the other?

It is of interest that the San Diego ACORN employee who was filmed by O'Keefe discussing illegal importation of minors actually reported the incident to the police shortly afterward, working through his cousin and a national task force on human smuggling. He attempted to investigate further when the police requested additional information and reported that it appeared the whole thing had been a hoax. He was fired by ACORN following publication of the film several weeks later. ACORN is reconsidering its action. I'm sure that FOX will report this development in the story eventually just to be "fair and balanced". (http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/poli...Smuggling.html)

According to ABC that account isn't quite accurate, and they have additional video to back it up. Juan Carlos is recorded only to have offered to call the police, but did not do so. Instead, new video shows him clearly being told that the "pimp" was planning to bring under aged hookers into the country and needed help. Juan is seen and heard offering copious helpful tips on how to do just that, and how to get away with it.

This story isn't over, and Fox isn't the only network telling the truth about this, even though they often are.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile