The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: leave ACORNS FOR THE DEER

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    According to ABC that account isn't quite accurate, and they have additional video to back it up. Juan Carlos is recorded only to have offered to call the police, but did not do so. Instead, new video shows him clearly being told that the "pimp" was planning to bring under aged hookers into the country and needed help. Juan is seen and heard offering copious helpful tips on how to do just that, and how to get away with it.

This story isn't over, and Fox isn't the only network telling the truth about this, even though they often are.

Evan
    Well, actually FOX has also reported that the attorney who gave all the helpful advice including suggesting that they smuggle the girls through the town where his cousin is a cop reported the incident to his cousin and was then put in contact with a US task force on human smuggling. (See http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,553423,00.html)

Yes, I read that brief report from Fox. But there is only a claim that Vera made any legitimate effort to report this. No paperwork was filed with police. Like I said, this isn't over.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Yes, I read that brief report from Fox. But there is only a claim that Vera made any legitimate effort to report this. No paperwork was filed with police. Like I said, this isn't over.

Evan
    As I read the story, the reporters confirmed the information with the police: "National City police said Monday that Juan Carlos Vera contacted his cousin, a police detective, to get advice on what to with information on possible human smuggling."

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    As I read the story, the reporters confirmed the information with the police: "National City police said Monday that Juan Carlos Vera contacted his cousin, a police detective, to get advice on what to with information on possible human smuggling."
    I am sure that there are some sincere people involved with ACORN. Such people would be attracted to an organization that purports to be for helping "the little people". And it would also not be the first time that an organization that started out idealistically later became corrupt.

I'm still sort of amazed that the people in those ACORN offices believed that someone wanting to start such an illegal business would actually go blabbing about it to anyone. And why would the ACORN people not just tell those people that they could not aid and abet them in an illegal enterprise? I could understand if all of the ACORN office people had then gone to report to the police to set up some kind of a "sting".
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 09-22-2009 at 07:49 PM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I am sure that there are some sincere people involved with ACORN. Such people would be attracted to an organization that purports to be for helping "the little people". And it would also not be the first time that an organization that started out idealistically later became corrupt.
    Just like the Taliban. They started out to protect villagers from ruthless warlords that popped up after the Soviet withdrawl left Afghanistan in anarchy. They actually sounded noble in their original roles, but power quickly corrupted.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!