The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: leave ACORNS FOR THE DEER

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    You're right. I was hoping a gentle ribbing would awaken you from whatever leftist flying monkey-induced trance would cause an otherwise level headed guy to write long-winded, lawyeristic (read weasel-ish) defenses of what 98% of the rest of world considers indefensible.

Let's boil it down to its essence (without the fancy talk jibber jabber):

That is what you're defending? Dude, really.

Those people should have been chased out of Acorn's office with a f'ing stick; not offered tax advice on how to best launder money from their under-aged sex slavery business. As a father of a daughter adopted from that region, where underage sex slavery is a problem, I find the Acorn womens' helpfulness to be repulsive (and wonder if they would have laughed and joked about what euphamisms to use if the pimp/ho said the 13 underage girls were coming from the 'hood in Baltimore instead of just some spic kids from Central America). As a breather of air, I find your defense of them completely imcomprehensible.

Is that enough substantive comment for ya?
    There's the difference. I had previously posted that the guys in Baltimore were caught flat out. They definitely appeared (who knows how the tape was edited) to have conspired to commit fraud. I was talking about the guys in Washington who were painted with the same brush but actually acted in a completely different manner.

So what ACORN office goes down next?
    Q More videos?
    A Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    There's the difference. I had previously posted that the guys in Baltimore were caught flat out. They definitely appeared (who knows how the tape was edited) to have conspired to commit fraud. I was talking about the guys in Washington who were painted with the same brush but actually acted in a completely different manner.
    The Washington office also provided oh-so-helpful information as to how the pimp and ho could operate a brothel with 10 girls from El Salvador.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Stan b & Elvis

To be dangerous requires power. ACORN has almost none.

You have gone beyond ANY hope. If you think for a moment an organization as corrupt as ACORN has no power, you are a buffoon. With the porkulus they've been awarded, it's doubtful this nation will ever again see another believable election. But then, your views of what constitutes power are slightly different than mine.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    You have gone beyond ANY hope. If you think for a moment an organization as corrupt as ACORN has no power, you are a buffoon. With the porkulus they've been awarded, it's doubtful this nation will ever again see another believable election. But then, your views of what constitutes power are slightly different than mine.

UB
    There are constant comments about the billions they have received yet no one seems to be able to find any grants of significance.

There are constant comments about the billions they have received yet no one seems to be able to find any grants of significance.
    Because there are no direct grants yet.
    Stan b & Elvis

ACORN is the most corrupt organization the democrats have ever formed. They have absolutely no regard for the law and you could take a hidden camera into any of their offices and see the same corruption as we saw last week in just two of their shops. Our Dear Fuhrer is no doubt the CEO of ACORN and they take their orders from him. I suppose that means he's ok with kidnapping under-age girls from El Salvador for use as sex slaves in America.

We should take a flame thrower to ACORN.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

UB
    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Because there are no direct grants yet.
    And so all that "porkulus" is coming from where? Interestingly, ACORN Housing has received several million in Federal grants through HUD. These funds were almost entirely given to it between 2003 and 2006 (according to biggovernment.com) when Republicans co0ntroll the White house, HUD, and Congress.

The fact is that ACORN's funding seems to be something at least as secret as the NRA's. I have not been able to locate any financial reports for ACORN or its related organizations. Only one of its affiliates is classified as a 501(c)(3) organization. The others are simply identified as "non-profits" without further designation. Contributions are not identified as being tax deductible and most activities are explicitly legislative and political in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    ACORN is the most corrupt organization the democrats have ever formed. They have absolutely no regard for the law and you could take a hidden camera into any of their offices and see the same corruption as we saw last week in just two of their shops. Our Dear Fuhrer is no doubt the CEO of ACORN and they take their orders from him. I suppose that means he's ok with kidnapping under-age girls from El Salvador for use as sex slaves in America.

We should take a flame thrower to ACORN.

We live in Cuba now.
    ACORN was actually founded in 1970 as an offshoot of the National Welfare Rights Organization, not the Democrats. It received its greatest boost from FEMA's handling of Katrina and the economic warfare waged by the last administration against the lower 50% of our population. Over the eight years that Bush was in the White House, the membership of ACORN grew astronomically based on its activities to help with resettlement of Katrina victims, its activities opposing predatory lending, and its activities to assist homeowners facing foreclosure.

As a separate issue, I went back to listen to the tapes of the Baltimore and Washington offices with the prostitution couple. Two things struck me.

First, there is little question in my mind that the voices of the man and woman are voice overs. The tonal quality of their recorded comments is completely different from the tonal quality of the voices of the counselors, suggesting both a different microphone and a different recording environment.

Second, If you ignore the comments by the couple, the comments by the workers become much harder to criticize.

The question, in my mind, is whether or not the tapes are fabricated with questions and comments by the couple that are different from those shown in the films. I'm not stating this as a conclusion. In fact, my more devilish side sort of hopes the tapes are real. However, if they are real, the producer should be able to provide an unedited version without voice overs. I suspect that is something that will not surface quickly and, if it does, will not find its way onto FOX unless it is part of a legal settlement for libel.

ACORN in fact has written to FOX requesting that FOX either provide some authentication for the tapes of that it cease publishing them (http://acorn.org/fileadmin/Press_Rel...les_091009.pdf). Whether coincidentally or not, FOX has removed the Washington Office tape and now only shows a small fraction of the Baltimore tape.

Yardley said:

"The fact is that ACORN's funding seems to be something at least as secret as the NRA's. I have not been able to locate any financial reports for ACORN or its related organizations. Only one of its affiliates is classified as a 501(c)(3) organization. The others are simply identified as "non-profits" without further designation. Contributions are not identified as being tax deductible and most activities are explicitly legislative and political in nature."

Unbeleivable, the one time we agree on something, you still have to argue.

Again, Jeff, you are not the sole posseser of the truth.

Beleive it or not I can read too (and do).
    I have spent (wasted) a whole bunch of time trying to find out where "ACORN" gets all of it's money.
    I could find no credible source to identify the source of the funding.
    (nothing to support Billions from the fed/govt)

The are some speculations, but I could find no facts or direct monies from the fed/govt.

It appears to be a mystery!!

Having said that....ACORN has some serious legal issues in regard specifically to several counts of involvement in voter fraud and a number of misdemeaners around the country.

That is 1 very wealthy, very well organized church out of NO/LA!!

I have found some info on some serious investigations into ACORN ongoing at this moment.
    But no details.

I have also read that some investigations have been haulted by the "powers that be."

But no details, so I am not sure what that means.

But the US Census Bureau has cut ties with them for the 2010 Census (in my earlier link).

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis