The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Gooberment Motors New Plan

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Noel View Post
    From a NYT article today:

    "But it will probably be several years before the government can begin to sell its stake in G.M. back to the public, and even then, according a report issued last week by the independent monitor of the Troubled Asset Relief Program, some of the $20 billion or so funneled to G.M. and Chrysler is probably gone forever."


    So how much did we spend per job saved on that one? My HP-12C doesn't have enough comma's.

    That is one gigantic IF that you begin your post with
    Saying, “. . . it will probably be several years . . . ,” at the beginning of that quote sounds like speculation on the part of the NYT writers. I don’t believe anyone can say with any certainty how it will play out, including me. I am just taking the plan at face value, and hoping for the best. I do not want to lose tax payer dollars, and I do not want to see either of he auto makers fail.

    I would like to see that report they cited. I could not find a report with that conclusion in it on-line. If someone can find a link, please post it. If the independent monitor of the TARP says the money is likely gone forever, with a reasonable explanation of how they reached that conclusion, I will be inclined to accept it. However, I noticed the writer did not actually quote the report, which leads me to wonder if this was a subjective interpretation of what the report said.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Coppell, TX by way of Southern Illinois
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Saying, “. . . it will probably be several years . . . ,” at the beginning of that quote sounds like speculation on the part of the NYT writers. I don’t believe anyone can say with any certainty how it will play out, including me. I am just taking the plan at face value, and hoping for the best. I do not want to lose tax payer dollars, and I do not want to see either of he auto makers fail.

    I would like to see that report they cited. I could not find a report with that conclusion in it on-line. If someone can find a link, please post it. If the independent monitor of the TARP says the money is likely gone forever, with a reasonable explanation of how they reached that conclusion, I will be inclined to accept it. However, I noticed the writer did not actually quote the report, which leads me to wonder if this was a subjective interpretation of what the report said.
    On time and under budget are not part of the govenment vocabulary. I would bet that it takes longer than expected and will cost more.....if you had to put money on it what would you say? It is YOUR money too that is being gambled.

    That report from the TARP monitor should be available from this most transparent of administrations

  3. #13
    Senior Member gman0046's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Posts
    994

    Default

    zues3925, In the history of the Stock Market it never tanked as much as after Obama's election and until his Inauguration. It was the biggest drop ever. Thats the fact that can't be disputed. Why don't you get your facts straight instead of BSing people?
    Last edited by gman0046; 09-14-2009 at 06:57 PM.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    zues3925, In the history of the Stock Market it never tanked as much as after Obama's election and until his Inauguration. It was the biggest drop ever. Thats the facy that can't be disputed. Why don't you get your facts straight instead of BSing people?
    If the stock market maintained it's high under the Bush administration and tanked under Obama you might have an argument but it did not. It started tanking well before the 2008 election. Look at all the Banks that went out of business well before the 2008 election. All of the American auto makers were in trouble well before the 2008 election.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Wake up Mr. Blackstone. What is happening is far more than suddenly having another Carter-type in the oval office. These aren't just a form of "the Democrats now having their turn." This is without question an attempt by every liberal-turned-socialist to turn this nation into a fascist society.
    UB
    The American people will never stand for the USA turning into a socialist nation. If you believe that you must have been listing to Rush Limbaugh too long. There will be an Congressional election in 2 years and if the American people believe Obama is trying to make our country into a socialist nation, there will not be another a Democrat elected into Congress.

    Bush ran his second campaign on "terrorists" and that the Democrats were not strong enough to fight them. Now Limbaugh is furthering the fearmongering that we will become a socialist nation. Boogy man Ohhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 09-14-2009 at 07:08 PM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    If the stock market maintained it's high under the Bush administration and tanked under Obama you might have an argument but it did not. It started tanking well before the 2008 election. Look at all the Banks that went out of business well before the 2008 election. All of the American auto makers were in trouble well before the 2008 election.

    And when all was going swimmingly, you were still bashing Bush from the getgo. Now if we dare tread on your messiahs' disasterous handling of ANYTHING HE HAS TOUCHED, you and your minions are angry if we point it out by mentioning it. GFF! How incredulous this must be for all you fascist lovers...you finally got everything you wanted in your leadership, and so many of us are not genuflecting with you.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  7. #17
    Senior Member gman0046's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Roger Perry, why do you ignore the fact about the DJIA between Obama's election and Inauguration? It was the largest drop in the history of the Stock Market. Can you please post something other then BS? But I guess thats the Liberal way BS without facts. It's really going to be too bad when you have to blame Obama rather then W. Can you please tell us of one Obama achievment since he's taken office?
    Last edited by gman0046; 09-14-2009 at 07:16 PM.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,987

    Default

    Sorry but, I've been preoccupied with football the last few days and haven't been on the Potus to check on this thread.

    When will the USA be divested of GM? My experience is that once the goobs get involved, they are there like a broke mother-in-law. I don't expect this administration or any future Dem administration ever letting go! We've bought the turkey and saved the UAW.

    Ford could have gone gooberment like the rest but, the difference between Ford and GM is that the UAW doesn't control Ford. Not that the UAW isn't a major problem for ALL auto mfgs.

    In regards to this current GM stimulus; it is pure bad business to sell a product on a "return in 4,000 miles if you don't like it for whatever reason". That is not only bad business, a desperate attempt but the fact that I, a tax payer, have to pay for thier poor attempt to sell thier garbage, pisses me off!

    Those vehicles that will be returned to the various GM dealerships will cost billions in depreciation. That depreciation will be paid for by tax payers. Plus, it gives Gooberment Motors a huge and unfair advantage over Ford, or for that matter the Asian/Euro mfgs. as well. Ford and the others will have a very tough time competiting against the USA tax payers.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-14-2009 at 08:33 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    Roger Perry, why do you ignore the fact about the DJIA between Obama's election and Inauguration? It was the largest drop in the history of the Stock Market. Can you please post something other then BS? But I guess thats the Liberal way BS without facts. It's really going to be too bad when you have to blame Obama rather then W. Can you please tell us of one Obama achievment since he's taken office?
    Are you arguing that his election caused the largest stock market drop in history? It seems like he was not even President then.
    Second, I am curious what has happened to the DJIA since he became President? If he was responsible for the drop when he was not even President, I assume he must also have had some effect since he became President, right? So there, there is an achievment using your logic. Banking industry has stabilized for now. Stocks are up.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post

    Banking industry has stabilized for now. Stocks are up.
    WARNING:

    Feeling secure might not be good for ones financial health.

    Banking is being propped up like a house of cards waiting on a slight breeze. Six months ago it was "desperate" and now we've recovered?
    I've never taken you for gullable.
    I'll give credit where it is due; the current President uses smoke n mirrors better than any politican I've seen, ever!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



Similar Threads

  1. Government Motors...a glimpse into the future
    By Hew in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 09:37 AM
  2. Gooberment Motors...death of GM
    By Franco in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 09:55 AM
  3. Pro Plan smoe plan
    By Steve Shaver in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 03:26 PM
  4. current chevy V8 motors
    By pistol in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 12:01 AM
  5. Help--Servo motors for Gunners Up Launchers
    By captdan in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •