The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Message to Legislature - Stand up for what is right, get rewarded

Default Message to Legislature - Stand up for what is right, get rewarded

This is how it should work. Rep. Joe Wilson got $200K for standing up against lies.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/...ing/index.html
    Last edited by Terry Britton; 09-11-2009 at 09:04 PM.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Terry, I know you can read better than that, you just need to slow down a bit.

Wilson has raised over $200k.

His upcoming opponent, Democrat, Retired Marine, and Iraq vet - Rob Miller has raised over $750,000.

Look for it to go over $1,000,000 before the weekend ends.

In Miller's own words:

I never thought I would run for Congress -- or feel like I had to. I have always thought of myself as a Marine. I started thinking that way not long after my father died when I was 14 years old. Since I enlisted at the age of 20, the Marine Corps has been my extended family and I couldn't imagine that would ever change.

But it did after my second tour of duty in Iraq -- where I fought to maintain the peace, but also to enable Iraqis to build better schools, improved hospitals, to help create jobs and, where possible, a stable economy and civil society.

When I returned home to my wife and six year old son, I saw that the politicians in Washington were not fighting for these same things at home. Worse, the congressman who represented the second district where I live -- Rep. Joe Wilson -- was part of that elite circle of George Bush loyalists who chose to enact a radical agenda, never mind the lives and wellbeing of the constituents he was pledged to represent.
    Last edited by Buzz; 09-11-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I hope Wilson gets re-elected. He told the truth the other night, osama told nothing but lies to the people.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Interesting what the people of SC think:

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot....n-trouble.html

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
    Wilson in Trouble
    In a matter of seconds Wednesday night Joe Wilson went from being pretty safe for reelection to one of the most vulnerable Republican incumbents in the country.

Wilson trails Democratic challenger Rob Miller 44-43 in a PPP survey conducted Thursday night and Friday morning. Last year Wilson defeated Miller 54-46.

62% of voters in SC-2 disapprove of Wilson's actions while just 29% think they were ok. By a 48-41 margin Republicans think what he did was fine, but independents are opposed to it by a 66/25 margin and Democrats are 84/10.

While there is a pretty strong consensus among respondents that the way Wilson expressed his opinion is inappropriate, they are almost evenly divided about whether the substance of his comment was correct. 42% think that Obama was lying when he said illegal immigrants wouldn't be covered by his health care plans, while 46% think he was telling the truth.

Overall 49% of voters say they are less likely to vote for Wilson in the future because he called Obama a liar, while 35% say they are more likely to do so. 56% of Republicans say that Wilson's calling out the President makes them more likely to support him.

It will be interesting to see if there is a push now for Wilson to not seek reelection. In a Republican climate there's no reason this seat should be competitive next year, but as long as Wilson is the GOP candidate it will be. If he stepped aside it would probably go back to being safe Republican.
    Last edited by Buzz; 09-11-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Add link.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

I doubt that an ex marine vet would be the same kind of democrat that Obama is. Perhaps he would be tolerable. Maybe even possess common sense and reason.
    ________
    Ipad Guides
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Now I'm reading that Wilson has raised about $750k, Miller has raised over $1M.

I must be listening to the "wrong" conservative media. Today, Michael Medved, discussed Wilson and said that it was uncategorically wrong to endorse the disrespect that Wilson showed to the President. He added that conservatives could not hope to persuade anyone of the validity of their views by condoning such rudeness and disrespect.

Wilson tendered a quick apology for his impetuous outburst. Nobody seems to be saying much about that. Don't know about you guys, but there's probably been more than once when I wished I had put my brain in gear before I let my emotions speak for me. I wouldn't condone his action, but respect that he was quick to realize his error and do the only thing he could do, apologize.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The guy spoke the truth. I cheered him when he said it. Why should anyone have to listen to bumface lie and keep his mouth shut? I thought free speach was a part of our constitution.
    This is one thing I miss about the UK, when the leaders are full of **** they are called out.

I don't live in his district, I sent him a nice donation. The rules used to be when the President was addressing a joint session that no one said a word. Of course we all know that the Dems made a career out of booing Bush. In my mind all bets are off.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I must be listening to the "wrong" conservative media. Today, Michael Medved, discussed Wilson and said that it was uncategorically wrong to endorse the disrespect that Wilson showed to the President. He added that conservatives could not hope to persuade anyone of the validity of their views by condoning such rudeness and disrespect.

Wilson tendered a quick apology for his impetuous outburst. Nobody seems to be saying much about that. Don't know about you guys, but there's probably been more than once when I wished I had put my brain in gear before I let my emotions speak for me. I wouldn't condone his action, but respect that he was quick to realize his error and do the only thing he could do, apologize.
    I understand your thinking, but we are talking about some really bad stuff and trends in DC these days. If he would have waited, no one would have paid attention.

He is represents his voters just like a coach represents his football team. When a football or basketball team is being screwed over by those in power (officials), it does no good to wait a week, and talk about it politely to the media. It is the coach's job to immediately call the officials out for bad calls, or making calls up (lies). I expect my employees in DC to point out lies, and corruption when it is in progress, and not in a polite note to the press weeks later after everyone has been snowed under.

Things are moving too fast to wait.

Obama wants to talk about being called out, so he should expect "What is good for the goose, should also be good for the gander." We do need real solutions in DC, and people to fight for the people like Tom Coburn and a few other good guys.
    Last edited by Terry Britton; 09-11-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.