The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Message to Legislature - Stand up for what is right, get rewarded

Why can the dummacts disrupt with cheers for BUMMA lies? Isn't that the same thing?

So the congressman yells out in a joint session where the President is talking "You lie". Big f................ing deal. It probably violated some unwritten rule of decorum and seriousness and maybe was not the smartest thing to do but let's move on and instead of criticizing a politician for an outburst that has no real world consequences, other than a media that can sensationalize it, lets start holding these same guys to more important standard such as working honestly and in good faith for the people they represent.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    So the congressman yells out in a joint session where the President is talking "You lie". Big f................ing deal. It probably violated some unwritten rule of decorum and seriousness and maybe was not the smartest thing to do but let's move on and instead of criticizing a politician for an outburst that has no real world consequences, other than a media that can sensationalize it, lets start holding these same guys to more important standard such as working honestly and in good faith for the people they represent.
    I agree. Boorishness is its own reward. Partisan approval and disapproval have always been shown during such speeches. The latter is normally shown through absolute silence and sitting on hands in sharp contrast to those applauding or by murmured grumbles. English parliamentary traditions have always been much more dramatic. A few loud shouts of liar during the last administration might have done us all good.

Certainly no laws were broken, but a large disrespect for the office of the Presidency was committed. I don't think he should be officially sanctioned or compelled to apologize in any way, but I think he SHOULD of his own will, and show a little class.

Do we really want our gov't to turn into a town hall meeting? Is there no place or time for acting like adults, and showing respect? I was upset at the shoe throwing incident at Pres. Bush, just as I am upset at this childish, disrespectful behavior.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

well at least ONE person in that chamber told the TRUTH.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

It was ok when dingy Harry called President bush a liar. I guess its who you know.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    I hope Wilson gets re-elected. He told the truth the other night, osama told nothing but lies to the people.
    How do you know what Obama said in his speech Bob, you did not listen to it.
    Here is your quote from another thread

"I am glad I have cable, I can find a station to watch where there is something intelligent being shown instead of listening to the messiah."

And what "words of truth" did Wilson exactly speak and exactly what did Obama lie about? Please provide a reliable reference to go along with your accuations.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 09-12-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Certainly no laws were broken, but a large disrespect for the office of the Presidency was committed. I don't think he should be officially sanctioned or compelled to apologize in any way, but I think he SHOULD of his own will, and show a little class.

Do we really want our gov't to turn into a town hall meeting? Is there no place or time for acting like adults, and showing respect? I was upset at the shoe throwing incident at Pres. Bush, just as I am upset at this childish, disrespectful behavior.

I agree with you Dave, and I disagree whole heartedly with Jeff. One of the things that has made this country a success is the ability to respectfully disagree and engage in civil debate, and accept the results of an election that did not go your way(the peaceful transfer or power). Those things are being intentionally undermined by folks like Palin who incites shout outs at campaign rallies like terrorist, traitor, liar, with talk about palling around with terrorists etc. They are undermined by Tea Bagging nut cases that show up at town hall meetings to shout down and intimidate anyone who disagrees with them. They are undermined by the likes of Joe Wilson who shout out YOU LIE before a joint address to congress. They are undermined by people like Glenn Beck who profit from feeding the anxieties of the paranoid. Glenn Beck is leading a march on Washington of the 9/12 movement. One of the sponsors of the 9/12 movement is an organization called The National Association of Rural Landowners NARLO. If you want just a little taste of what these guys are all about follow this link. It really gets good at about the 8:05 mark, where the guy threatens civil war. They fit like peas in a pod with guys like Rick Perry Gov of Texas and now Rick Pawenty Gov of Minnesota who are advocating succession.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Ewwmikc9Q

These people say they love America, but they really hate it. They are unwilling to accept the will of the majority, have no respect for election results - they are unwilling to accept them, and will stop at nothing to delegitimize a democratically elected government and president.

And another example from a CNN report, this guy is actually trying to incite violence against the president:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVwfd...layer_embedded

The United States has a desperate political party, riding a wave of anger and hate. The fringe has taken over republicans.
    Last edited by Buzz; 09-12-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    They are unwilling to accept the will of the majority,
    Sounds oddly similar to someone I know of who wants to push policies upon us regardless of what constituents say they want...I won't say any names, but his initials are BHO.
    ________
    Lamborghini lm001 history
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Sounds oddly similar to someone I know of who wants to push policies upon us regardless of what constituents say they want...I won't say any names, but his initials are BHO.
    The essence of representative democracy is that the constituents that count are the ones that vote and the time that opinions count most is when they are expressed on the ballot. Right now, BHO is doing exactly what he said he would do with respect to the economy, health care, taxes, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. He would be a fool to do otherwise. If he fails, he may lose the next election. If he succeeds, he may lose the election anyway if the people who voted for him originally decide that they made a mistake.