The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Message to Legislature - Stand up for what is right, get rewarded

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Those things are being intentionally undermined by folks like Palin who incites shout outs at campaign rallies like terrorist, traitor, liar, with talk about palling around with terrorists etc. If the shoe fits... They are undermined by Tea Bagging nut cases that show up at town hall meetings to shout down and intimidate anyone who disagrees with them. ...Or won't allow them to speak or lies to their face or refuses to represent their constituents or switches parties or asks for ID before fielding a question... They are undermined by the likes of Joe Wilson who shout out YOU LIE before a joint address to congress. Hmmm. The truth is sometimes uncomfortable. They are undermined by people like Glenn Beck who profit from feeding the anxieties of the paranoid. Or exposing things that the MSM wants to hide from us in order to protect the chosen one...

The United States has a desperate political party, riding a wave of anger and hate. The fringe has taken over republicans.
    We should be seeing desperate action with some of the things that are being forced upon us. Would you rather lay down and submit to their will?
    ________
    How To Make A Heat Gun Vaporizer
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The essence of representative democracy is that the constituents that count are the ones that vote and the time that opinions count most is when they are expressed on the ballot.
    Why do we bother calling our senators and representatives if it doesn't matter?
    ________
    PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE ADVICE
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    We should be seeing desperate action with some of the things that are being forced upon us. Would you rather lay down and submit to their will?
    I rest my case, once again...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Sorry, boss. Not a republican and I am not riding a wave of anger or hate. Not sure where you get that from...

What is the Buzz approved method of dealing with politicians who are steering the country in a bad direction, no matter the party?

The way I see it, is that you have to do something to beat out their sensationalism in order to even get noticed. If Joe Wilson had waited until the next day to accuse Obama of lying, do you think that the language would have gotten added to the bill regarding illegals? I doubt it. Most likely, people would still be asking 'Who is Joe Wilson?'
    ________
    Yamaha it250h history
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:31 PM.

1) What did O lie about? Even before his Wed. speech, the issue had been raised that there was no language in the proposed legislation that would have provided for preventing illegals from participating. [will that require a National ID? I thought we already had one ... an SS #] And we also knows that he and many Ds favor amnesty for illegal aliens, so it is reasonable to believe that once he gets his health care plan in place, he would then work on the amnesty issue. If he tried for amnesty first, he would doom both agendas.

2) Joe Wilson was still rude & disrespectful. His apology was quick in coming. It was just as rude and disrespectful for legislators to boo Bush. There is safety in numbers, it appears, as I don't recall any of them apologizing. And what did the media have to say about that? [I don't remember.] Either you respect the highest office of your country, or you don't. Either you respect the rule of law that is the foundation of a republic, or you don't. UK's parliament is worse. UK's health care system also admits to putting a dollar value on what health care an individual can/will receive. Does that mean the UK is right on both counts? OTOH, the rule of law would also allow that in most cases one may assault another with words, but not with a baseball bat (although our laws make an exception for "racial baiting" and some wish to make it law for "gay baiting" as well.)

3) It is absolutely the responsibility and privilege of citizens to inform their representatives of their opinions, whether the representative was their ballot choice or not. In a republic there is democracy. Majority chooses the representatives, but those representatives are also required to respect the rights of the minority. Every once in a while, the minority can have some good ideas. You could say that people like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are a minority in our population ... but they had some good & valuable ideas when it came to computers.

4) In local 9/12 activities, the rules of law were closely observed by the 9/12 people. It was the opposition who did not observe the local ordinances for demonstration; and that baited those peacefully demonstrating. To categorize an entire group based on a couple of wingnuts (because they make good headlines) does not help get at the truth. There is surely guilt on both sides on that issue.

5) Joe Wilson is not a basketball coach, & Obama is not a ref. Joe Wilson, and/or others, could have made effective refutations of O's statements in many ways immediately following the speech.

6) "O is doing what he said he would" ... yup, he's followed a lot of things he said he would do. And also some things he said he wouldn't do: he said he would use line-item veto to attack "pork"; he gave the pharma companies a large concession in the health care legislation; put lobbyists in positions of power in his administration; from the outset he impeded bi-partisanship by stressing he would get what he wanted with or without bi-partisan support.

7) While Glen Beck might be wrong about a lot of things, he was, it appears, right about Van Jones. I'm still amazed that Jones could get through any kind of vetting process. Equally amazing, perhaps, is how quickly he was thrown under the bus.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry, there are a lot of good points made in your posts. Keep them coming.

Regarding Joe Wilson's outburst, he immediately apologized to the President and the VP. He has publicly said he regretted his "town hall moment" and was sincerely sorry. He also said on national television this morning when interviewed that he respects the President and the office of the President.

IMHO he does not have to be brought before Congress next week to be rebuked and publicly humiliated.

If Pelosi insists upon doing so, people will see this as mere politics by the Democrats and it will backfire.

Did Pelosi apologize for her statements about the CIA?

The outburst by Joe Wilson was inappropriate and disrespectful, not only to Obama, but to the office of the Presidency. It doesnít matter that he didnít agree with what the President was saying, it was still wrong. I have seen a lot of Presidential speeches going back to Nixon, and Iíve never seen behavior like that from either side of the aisle. I canít remember a president that hasnít lied to us at one time or another during a speech, so thatís no excuse for Wilsonís behavior.

There was outrage by some on this board when Obama said the Cambridge Police acted ďstupidlyĒ in the way they handled the Gates issue. Yet, a Senator calling the President a liar during a nationally televised speech is applauded for his courage to speak up. Sounds like a double standard to me. Both comments were inappropriate, and should not have been made.

I hope Rob Miller sends Joe Miller back to the private sector.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Gerry, there are a lot of good points made in your posts. Keep them coming.

Regarding Joe Wilson's outburst, he immediately apologized to the President and the VP. He has publicly said he regretted his "town hall moment" and was sincerely sorry. He also said on national television this morning when interviewed that he respects the President and the office of the President.

IMHO he does not have to be brought before Congress next week to be rebuked and publicly humiliated.

If Pelosi insists upon doing so, people will see this as mere politics by the Democrats and it will backfire.

Did Pelosi apologize for her statements about the CIA?
    I really don't think Jo Wilson's apology was sincere. I just don't think he expected the negative backlash regarding his outburst, some of which came from his own party.

However, I do agree there is nothing to be gained by bringing him before Congress. I think Obama would be served best by continuing dismiss Wilson, and take the high road.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I really don't think Jo Wilson's apology was sincere. I just don't think he expected the negative backlash regarding his outburst, some of which came from his own party.

However, I do agree there is nothing to be gained by bringing him before Congress. I think Obama would be served best by continuing dismiss Wilson, and take the high road.
    I'm sorry Mr. Blackstone. I shouldn't have thrown those hard questions at you on another thread. You make those answers unnecessary. It's all to obvious...you are a member of the sheeple...only too happy to be sheared and controlled by the thugs you have voted into office.

Just a quick note: As long as it's clear you have no concern for your loss of freedoms, can we all expect you to pony up for the extravagance your POTUS is requiring of the rest of us? No need to answer. I'm pretty sure what bracket you are in. But trust me when I say, you takers will also be asked to 'contribute'....and that's not far away either.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.