The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Let's start a trade war.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Not ever REMOTELY close to the same thing, Roger...but making outrageous comparisons to suit your own agenda has never bothered you before.

And income taxes....don't forget that....yeah, Roger....we're still paying for the Civil War today....how come you don't whine about that??????

Roger, you need to come to grips with the fact that BHO is mucking up the works. How badly he mucks it up compared to other Presidents remains to be seen, but until you take your Bush Blinders off, you'll not be able to see that....or you just don't WANT to see that, so you keep bringing up Bush 43.

Been a LONG time since I've seen such a chronic case of denial and need for diversion....

kg
    I prefer to give Obama the benefit of the doubt before commenting on his presidency right or wrongs until he has a year or two under his belt. I did not comment on Bush 43 until his second term.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I prefer to give Obama the benefit of the doubt before commenting on his presidency right or wrongs until he has a year or two under his belt. I did not comment on Bush 43 until his second term.
    If he doesn't pass health care reform and the cap and trade bill, the end of his presidency will be a foregone conclusion. The DNC will fall all over itself looking for someone to replace him in 2012.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    If he doesn't pass health care reform and the cap and trade bill, the end of his presidency will be a foregone conclusion. The DNC will fall all over itself looking for someone to replace him in 2012.

kg
    Maybe so. But to comment on something that has not happened yet or has not been put into law by Congress is just speculation.

The things I have seen as a positive, are the stock market going up slowly, and GM hiring back some employees, and Ford making a profit (abet a small one). I look for the economy to grow and if it does not I will have voice my opinions on that. I am not out there yelling whoopee and yahoo because I feel Obama still has a long way to go to prove himself to the American people that his economic plan will work. If it doesn't, I will be the first to cuss him up one side and down the other.

Something needs to be done about health care and that is a fact both Democrats and Republicans agree on. I do not think the Republicans want a health care bill passed with the Democrats in controll of Congress because it will not look good for them in the next election. The Republicans had a chance to put through a health care plan when Bush was in office and they had a majority in Congress for 6 years but they failed to do so. They did not even come up with a plan for the Democrats to pick apart.