The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: A good week

Default A good week

And it's not even over yet....

- A ham-handed and politicized Dept. of Education curriculum causes a backlash and forces the Admin. on the defense

- Van Jones, noted Truther, communist and sh!t disturber is forced out of the White House. It all started with a lone voice (Glenn Beck) and ended with an outcry.

- The appointed Communications Director at the National Endowment for the Arts was either reassigned or sacked (still shaking out) for trying to publically fund an Obama propaganda arm within the NEA. Again, Glenn Beck is at the forefront.

- Acorn is hoisted by its own petard and is shown to be the hucksters that most folks already suspected they were. And as if having their credibility shredded wasn't enough, they're booted off the Census 2010 team.

- Last, but not least, Joe Wilson was vindicated when the White House had to, late Friday, support specific language within the health bill that precluded illegal immigrants. Per MSDNC...err...MSNBC:

The question, as we all know, arises from the Wilson "You lie" outburst, and the core claim that notwithstanding specific bill language barring illegal immigrants from participating in the "exchange," as a practical matter, there is no way of verifying the citizenship of applicants -- which is the current state of play. Republicans say that then means illegal immigrants would end up being enrolled in plans -- bill language or no bill language.

Today, for the first time as far as we know, the administration is backing a provision that would require proof of citizenship before someone could enroll in a plan selected on the exchange.
    Somehow I'm thinking this isn't the kind of boost Obama is looking for as he looks to push his health care plan in the coming week(s). As Seinfeld would say, "Gee. That's too bad."
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

A good week HEW's thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- A ham-handed and politicized Dept. of Education curriculum causes a backlash and forces the Admin. on the defense

- Van Jones, noted Truther, communist and sh!t disturber is forced out of the White House. It all started with a lone voice (Glenn Beck) and ended with an outcry.

- The appointed Communications Director at the National Endowment for the Arts was either reassigned or sacked (still shaking out) for trying to publically fund an Obama propaganda arm within the NEA. Again, Glenn Beck is at the forefront.

- Acorn is hoisted by its own petard and is shown to be the hucksters that most folks already suspected they were. And as if having their credibility shredded wasn't enough, they're booted off the Census 2010 team.

- Last, but not least, Joe Wilson was vindicated when the White House had to, late Friday, support specific language within the health bill that precluded illegal immigrants. Per MSDNC...err...MSNBC:

Quote:
    The question, as we all know, arises from the Wilson "You lie" outburst, and the core claim that notwithstanding specific bill language barring illegal immigrants from participating in the "exchange," as a practical matter, there is no way of verifying the citizenship of applicants -- which is the current state of play. Republicans say that then means illegal immigrants would end up being enrolled in plans -- bill language or no bill language.

Today, for the first time as far as we know, the administration is backing a provision that would require proof of citizenship before someone could enroll in a plan selected on the exchange.

Somehow I'm thinking this isn't the kind of boost Obama is looking for as he looks to push his health care plan in the coming week(s). As Seinfeld would say, "Gee. That's too bad."

THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA.....someone mentioned saying it this way the other day and it does look good on paper! Thank You.

Apparently you do not see much real news Hew, I know there is a lot of stuff out here that is positive. I have seen it on all the other venues with the exception of FOX. I watch that when the wife is not around. It gives me a quick source for questionable data so I can be lazy and not research. Look at my previous posting on FOX to see why almost anyone who research's, becomes quite uncomfortable with FOX's credibility.
    In fact I will post it at the bottom.

We know that some individuals really get worked up easily. We have a Neighbor who I thought we might have to commit during the Terri Shiavo affair. She was calling the FBI, local Police and Sheriff daily. It was so bad that we were ask by several departments if we thought that she should be taken in. It was a very uncomfortable situation. Her father would not take her in and we finally talked her into committing herself and drove her to the hospital. It took about 10 days to adjust her meds and she was all RIGHT.... Oh ah I mean well - sorry for the profanity but I am a recovering Republican. I have been off the sauce since March and feel much better now.

THE OMEGA SAID THAT I NEED TO EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING WITH OUR NEIGHBOR IN RELATION TO SHIAVO, THEREFOR THIS EDIT:

OUR NIEGHBOR WAS CALLING LOCAL POLICE, RESCUE, FBI, MY WIFE AND I, anyone to listen and get Shiavo away from her husband. Our Neighbor believed that Shiavo should be hidden away and have friendly Nurses to love her and to talk to her when she was awake. Somehow she was being told by her contacts on the WEB that Shiavo's husband hated her and wanted Terri dead. Long story short, most every one knows what transpired but depending on who you ask you will get a completely different story. Both the ALPHA, a moderate Lincoln Republican and the OMEGA a very conservative Democrat believe it should never have happen. In my Republican Party this would never have occur. But my Party started evaporate about 30 to 35 years past. We feel sorry for Mr. Shiavo, and Terri Shiavo's family. What the GOP did for politics was criminal. To interject politics between family members at that time really worries me and it should worry you that the Death Panels we are hearing about may be in the hands of the GOP at some time in the future. The Dems, those Bleeding Heart Liberals, will probably shove more tubes into you, pump more over price drugs through you, give you around the clock nursing care and find numerous other ways to waste money. I can only condone this waste of wealth if it is a member of my family in the bed, and I am not really sure about all of them!

I am glad you watch MSNBC, they are only moderately accurate but extremely truthful and correct errors in timely fashion. One thing you will notice is that they are extremely liberal. But I can put up with this because of their honesty and candor.

I almost forgot Congressman Joe Wilson. I guess he did you a favor in getting Senator Baucus's committee to put in a Mandatory National I.D. Requirement. The GOP leadership has been trying to do this for years under the counter, but with the help of Joe Wilson as the fall guy, the GOP's constituent can now dart board Joe. He is in the congressional district next to mine and they are saying that his opponent picked up about 1.5 million in campaign money in the last two days. I guess the voters are tired of Incompetence and Cronyism plus a disrespect of America and of the Office of the President. It was just a little to much, somebody said he was crying at one of his news conferences yesterday but I bet that that is not verifiable nor should it be.

entered for start of thread dnf777

My wife.

She likes to do research and to pick apart what people say and why. Also what they hear and how it is interpreted by them from the original (going in the ear) statement.

I told her that I liked to watch FOX so I could have a heads up on the next political attack and to know what not to believe. She said that I should not believe everything I heard on the networks or the INTERNET. I told her again thats why I watch FOX, to make it easy on me. If they said it then I did not Need to check it out, it was either false somewhere from the git-go or they slanted it to bring out some strong emotion like hate or loathing or seething ridicule.

Not believing me and saying that I was speaking with bigotry about FOX, I told her to watch for a week and tell me how accurate and truthful they are. She took notes, researched original sources, many while they where broadcast unedited, then replayed the FOX programs as needed to recheck.

And what was the results of her researching? She told me the I could not watch FOX with her in the house. That even if she heard them from another room, the thought of what they are doing had started to make her sick to the stomach. This I can attest to, I would flip it to FOX and within a minute she would call from the other room for me to either turn it off or tell her to leave the house. I asked her how she new what I was watching and she said it as how the words where put together, the inflections used in dialog, and subliminals... something about below perception feeling or vibrations that she felt whenever FOX was on. One other thing, she did the same when I was watching CNN and HLN a few times but said I could watch them, it was only one tenth as bad. She also said my first impression was correct, If its on FOX, then there is almost certainly something wrong in the message.

I do think that I could have a more peaceful life now if I had not wasted all that money on Her Psychology Degree.

As to the other Networks, they tend to be more accurate but still need to be checked out at source. One thing I have seen so far is that if it has been on somewhere else twice, then its apparently OK to rebroadcast. This includes stuff on or from Fox venues.

Another thing I am not to sure of but Fox seems to actually be the source of many questionable items and not just the initial point of reporting.

Am I a FOX hater, I do not think so but they do save me a lot of research time if I am in a hurry.

PS: The OMEGA got kind of peved at Glen Beck the other day, she has a letter she is sending to Mr. Beck. If anyone would like to see it, I will post it at this thread. I have not seen final version yet so it might be hot. She does get carried away when she hears or sees some injustice and wants to vent.

SEMPER FI
    Last edited by ALPHA-OMEGA; 09-12-2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Shiavo insert

A-O (mind if I call you A-O? Rhymes with another moniker I won't be using here...), I'm guessing you don't OWN a working retriever....and calling oneself the "Alpha-Omega"...oh, excuse me...."ALPHA-OMEGA"........shows a degree of hubris we don't often see around here....

...and with good reason...

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHA-OMEGA View Post
    A good week HEW's thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA.....someone mentioned saying it this way the other day and it does look good on paper! Thank You.

Apparently you do not see much real news Hew, I know there is a lot of stuff out here that is positive. I have seen it on all the other venues with the exception of FOX. I watch that when the wife is not around. It gives me a quick source for questionable data so I can be lazy and not research. Look at my previous posting on FOX to see why almost anyone who research's, becomes quite uncomfortable with FOX's credibility.

We know that some individuals really get worked up easily. We have a Neighbor who I thought we might have to commit during the Terri Shiavo affair. She was calling the FBI, local Police and Sheriff daily. It was so bad that we were ask by several departments if we thought that she should be taken in. It was a very uncomfortable situation. Her father would not take her in and we finally talked her into committing herself and drove her to the hospital. It took about 10 days to adjust her meds and she was all RIGHT.... Oh ah I mean well - sorry for the profanity but I am a recovering Republican. I have been off the sauce since March and feel much better now.

THE OMEGA SAID THAT I NEED TO EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING WITH OUR NEIGHBOR IN RELATION TO SHIAVO, THEREFOR THIS EDIT:

OUR NIEGHBOR WAS CALLING LOCAL POLICE, RESCUE, FBI, MY WIFE AND I, anyone to listen and get Shiavo away from her husband. Our Neighbor believed that Shiavo should be hidden away and have friendly Nurses to love her and to talk to her when she was awake. Somehow she was being told by her contacts on the WEB that Shiavo's husband hated her and wanted Terri dead. Long story short, most every one knows what transpired but depending on who you ask you will get a completely different story. Both the ALPHA, a moderate Lincoln Republican and the OMEGA a very conservative Democrat believe it should never have happen. In my Republican Party this would never have occur. But my Party started evaporate about 30 to 35 years past. We feel sorry for Mr. Shiavo, and Terri Shiavo's family. What the GOP did for politics was criminal. To interject politics between family members at that time really worries me and it should worry you that the Death Panels we are hearing about may be in the hands of the GOP at some time in the future. The Dems, those Bleeding Heart Liberals, will probably shove more tubes into you, pump more over price drugs through you, give you around the clock nursing care and find numerous other ways to waste money. I can only condone this waste of wealth if it is a member of my family in the bed, and I am not really sure about all of them!

I am glad you watch MSNBC, they are only moderately accurate but extremely truthful and correct errors in timely fashion. One thing you will notice is that they are extremely liberal. But I can put up with this because of their honesty and candor.

I almost forgot Congressman Joe Wilson. I guess he did you a favor in getting Senator Baucus's committee to put in a Mandatory National I.D. Requirement. The GOP leadership has been trying to do this for years under the counter, but with the help of Joe Wilson as the fall guy, the GOP's constituent can now dart board Joe. He is in the congressional district next to mine and they are saying that his opponent picked up about 1.5 million in campaign money in the last two days. I guess the voters are tired of Incompetence and Cronyism plus a disrespect of America and of the Office of the President. It was just a little to much, somebody said he was crying at one of his news conferences yesterday but I bet that that is not verifiable nor should it be.

My wife.

She likes to do research and to pick apart what people say and why. Also what they hear and how it is interpreted by them from the original (going in the ear) statement.

I told her that I liked to watch FOX so I could have a heads up on the next political attack and to know what not to believe. She said that I should not believe everything I heard on the networks or the INTERNET. I told her again thats why I watch FOX, to make it easy on me. If they said it then I did not Need to check it out, it was either false somewhere from the git-go or they slanted it to bring out some strong emotion like hate or loathing or seething ridicule.

Not believing me and saying that I was speaking with bigotry about FOX, I told her to watch for a week and tell me how accurate and truthful they are. She took notes, researched original sources, many while they where broadcast unedited, then replayed the FOX programs as needed to recheck.

And what was the results of her researching? She told me the I could not watch FOX with her in the house. That even if she heard them from another room, the thought of what they are doing had started to make her sick to the stomach. This I can attest to, I would flip it to FOX and within a minute she would call from the other room for me to either turn it off or tell her to leave the house. I asked her how she new what I was watching and she said it as how the words where put together, the inflections used in dialog, and subliminals... something about below perception feeling or vibrations that she felt whenever FOX was on. One other thing, she did the same when I was watching CNN and HLN a few times but said I could watch them, it was only one tenth as bad. She also said my first impression was correct, If its on FOX, then there is almost certainly something wrong in the message.

I do think that I could have a more peaceful life now if I had not wasted all that money on Her Psychology Degree.

As to the other Networks, they tend to be more accurate but still need to be checked out at source. One thing I have seen so far is that if it has been on somewhere else twice, then its apparently OK to rebroadcast. This includes stuff on or from Fox venues.

Another thing I am not to sure of but Fox seems to actually be the source of many questionable items and not just the initial point of reporting.

Am I a FOX hater, I do not think so but they do save me a lot of research time if I am in a hurry.

PS: The OMEGA got kind of peved at Glen Beck the other day, she has a letter she is sending to Mr. Beck. If anyone would like to see it, I will post it at this thread. I have not seen final version yet so it might be hot. She does get carried away when she hears or sees some injustice and wants to vent.

SEMPER FI

What the hayel??????? Dayum, if you're not the spookiest person to enter the RTF family affairs.

By your use of that USMC salutation, are we to believe you are indeed one of the few? Excuuuse me, but I have my doubts.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    A-O (mind if I call you A-O? Rhymes with another moniker I won't be using here...), I'm guessing you don't OWN a working retriever....and calling oneself the "Alpha-Omega"...oh, excuse me...."ALPHA-OMEGA"........shows a degree of hubris we don't often see around here....

...and with good reason...

kg
    If you read carefully, you will gather that he is the Alpha, and his wife is the Omega.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    What the hayel??????? Dayum, if you're not the spookiest person to enter the RTF family affairs.

By your use of that USMC salutation, are we to believe you are indeed one of the few? Excuuuse me, but I have my doubts.

UB
    This is his introduction. I kind of like the fellow.

Three Puppies:
    Tigres Shadow (F) Lab afraid of the water
    Teddy Bear Boniface (M) Pom walks on back of Chairs/Hi-Road
    Gidget (two brain Cells)(F)L/hair Chihuahua feet no touch floor
    G. Diane (F) Human one mean gal
    The puppies are family members and not pets
    Daughter and grand daughter
    Son and grand son these are pets meaning we feed and water
    USMC 26A 2 active res/ 2 inactive res Msgt
    USPS 14 in process of retirement ET-10
    just had l/rotator cuff repaired and expect to start physical therapy next couple weeks
    The Prez just spoke, sounds ok but will need to see what happens tomorrow, next week/month/year/and decade.
    I have the Single Payer but get to see the bills through my Private Insurance (APWU-CIGNA) Hopefully the will get a system of billing everyone can understand. Between the two it gets real foggy. The commercial insurance is primary and tries to pay as little as possible. The DOD TRICARE PRIME (Single Payer) normal would Pick up everything but co-pay if primary. Being secondary they will only pay a portion of what the primary commercial insurance pays and this is where it gets stupid. For instance I was in physical therapy about two months ago and one of the bills under Single Payer would have been $12 co-pay. The commercial insurance paid only a certain figure, now I have to pay $85. When I looked into it the TRICARE side they said that I would Have to pay the $85 vice $12 and their suggestion was drop commercial insurance. I don't need the commercial insurance according to them and TRICARE is force to follow the regs with commercial insurance. I told them I would drop it when I officially retire. I can suspend my commercial insurance at retirement and if ever needed, reactivate it latter. But to do this I must have the insurance in force continually for a minimum of three years prior to retirement. The reason I want this is when I first retired fifteen years ago they were thinking about terminating military retire hospitalization until age 62 to 65. I could then go on Medicare. I am glad that proposal was canceled along with the plans to reduction Social Security benefits by 50% for Military retires at same age.

Grandson needs the computer, Simper Fi
    Day later and did major edit to this but got curious about go advanced and lost everything. I will not try that again for a while. Finally did only minor changes.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

A good week HEW's thread

Quote:

My wife.

SEMPER FI
    Wow, do you ever dress up in camo and hide amongst your house plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If you read carefully, you will gather that he is the Alpha, and his wife is the Omega.
    Sorry, but I can't follow his sentence structure/thought pattern to any end....apparently I'm not the only one.

And spelling "Semper Fi" as "Simper Fi" is suspect in anyone's book...typo? Not!

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Today, for the first time as far as we know, the administration is backing a provision that would require proof of citizenship before someone could enroll in a plan selected on the exchange
    It matters not weather illegals get health care.
    They will walk in annd get it,, with or without insurance.
    Pete