And it's not even over yet....
- A ham-handed and politicized Dept. of Education curriculum causes a backlash and forces the Admin. on the defense
- Van Jones, noted Truther, communist and sh!t disturber is forced out of the White House. It all started with a lone voice (Glenn Beck) and ended with an outcry.
- The appointed Communications Director at the National Endowment for the Arts was either reassigned or sacked (still shaking out) for trying to publically fund an Obama propaganda arm within the NEA. Again, Glenn Beck is at the forefront.
- Acorn is hoisted by its own petard and is shown to be the hucksters that most folks already suspected they were. And as if having their credibility shredded wasn't enough, they're booted off the Census 2010 team.
- Last, but not least, Joe Wilson was vindicated when the White House had to, late Friday, support specific language within the health bill that precluded illegal immigrants. Per MSDNC...err...MSNBC:
Somehow I'm thinking this isn't the kind of boost Obama is looking for as he looks to push his health care plan in the coming week(s). As Seinfeld would say, "Gee. That's too bad."The question, as we all know, arises from the Wilson "You lie" outburst, and the core claim that notwithstanding specific bill language barring illegal immigrants from participating in the "exchange," as a practical matter, there is no way of verifying the citizenship of applicants -- which is the current state of play. Republicans say that then means illegal immigrants would end up being enrolled in plans -- bill language or no bill language.
Today, for the first time as far as we know, the administration is backing a provision that would require proof of citizenship before someone could enroll in a plan selected on the exchange.