The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March On DC This Last Weekend!

Default March On DC This Last Weekend!

I just saw this on Facebook.

I don't know how I missed this over the weekend. Probably too much football.

Thousands marched on DC protesting our out of control government!

Thank you protestors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcgNXMPtqM
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Can't believe NBC reported it. Probably just on Utube. Interesting, only 2428 views.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Facebook Booty?.... Google Billionaires for Wealthcare. It's funny. Here's one link;

http://www.billionairesforwealthcare.com/

Follow the link to others. Street theater lives. Call it teaparty, or a tongue-in-cheek counter protest.
    I read where some at the teaparty cheered these people on, believing them to be sincere, and not getting the jab.
    The first Amendment lives, and lives well still.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Facebook Booty?.... Google Billionaires for Wealthcare. It's funny. Here's one link;

http://www.billionairesforwealthcare.com/

Follow the link to others. Street theater lives. Call it teaparty, or a tongue-in-cheek counter protest.
    I read where some at the teaparty cheered these people on, believing them to be sincere, and not getting the jab.
    The first Amendment lives, and lives well still.

JD
    JD you are such a stereotype.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacPherson View Post
    JD you are such a stereotype.
    Well, thank you Bruce...thank you. I'll consider that a compliment. I could do no less than return the compliment. I find you to also be as stereotypical as you believe I to be. You got any more?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Franco, easy to miss if you did as I, sleep for day and half. That is what you get for being up two days straight.

Followed the link to facebook. A lot more Billionaires there, then back. Got lost and ended up at New England Journal of Medicine. In their last issue they have a scientifically taken pole of about 2000 Doctors on the health care debate. Pretty much tracks the rest of the nation.
    10% single payer
    63% single payer and insurance
    28% insurance only
    The OMEGA tells me to watch 29%, it is base number that goes back about four year. It is the same group that is consistently for or against something. I believe she is correct, I have been seeing that approximate percentage for awhile

The link is:
    http://healthcarereform.nejm.org/?p=1790&query=home

Before the Insurance Companies started tossing $$$$$ back in June the public support was in the 75-80% with little opposition. Now there are people who want to eliminate Medicare, Medicaid, V.A., TRICARE, and any other low cost high service single payer. Those are about one third of the health care provided in the Country. Wonder if they want to get rid of the CDC, NIH, NIMH and all the State and Local services too. All we can do is wait and see what happens, many of our Representatives have no concern for us. I expect that they will just start shoveling the $$$$$$$$ to Daddy Insurance Bucks like they did to Daddy Banker Bucks and Daddy Insurance Bucks ????? I think I detect a double dipper here.

I better get some sleep now or I will end up with another two dayer and crash again for a day and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Well, thank you Bruce...thank you. I'll consider that a compliment. I could do no less than return the compliment. I find you to also be as stereotypical as you believe I to be. You got any more?

JD
    If you mean by stereotypical that I believe in God, family, country, free enterprise, self sufficiency and have a healthy dislike for government types that believe good intentions trump actual results then you pretty much have me pegged.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacPherson View Post
    If you mean by stereotypical that I believe in God, family, country, free enterprise, self sufficiency and have a healthy dislike for government types that believe good intentions trump actual results then you pretty much have me pegged.
    Brothers in our stereotypicalness. Who would have guessed?

JD

The 2.2M estimated people that marched, not just thousands, are mostly people who have never protested a thing in their lives. Underestimating the power of the salt of the earth and senior citizens will be the downfall of this administration. Insulting them by calling them anything other than what they are as law abiding citizens is what is infuriating them to the point of demonstrating. I hope everyone takes a part in invoking their 1st amendment rights and fight the administration that insults them. At least my congressman supports medical liability reform, grants to states to establish high risk insurance pools for people with pre-existing conditions, a plan for individuals to purchase insurance nation wide instead of state by state, tax credits some of which are already in place if you actually work, and health savings accounts where people are responsible for their own healthcare spending. These people are not led by billionaires but just sick of the executive BS and more intelligent than the sheep with their hands out on the dole.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Nancy P.....good of you to slide in here and how right you are.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.