The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: March On DC This Last Weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    Nancy P.....good of you to slide in here and how right you are.
    It is a great post and underlines just how the elite think!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    The 2.2M estimated people that marched, not just thousands, are mostly people who have never protested a thing in their lives. Underestimating the power of the salt of the earth and senior citizens will be the downfall of this administration. Insulting them by calling them anything other than what they are as law abiding citizens is what is infuriating them to the point of demonstrating. I hope everyone takes a part in invoking their 1st amendment rights and fight the administration that insults them. At least my congressman supports medical liability reform, grants to states to establish high risk insurance pools for people with pre-existing conditions, a plan for individuals to purchase insurance nation wide instead of state by state, tax credits some of which are already in place if you actually work, and health savings accounts where people are responsible for their own healthcare spending. These people are not led by billionaires but just sick of the executive BS and more intelligent than the sheep with their hands out on the dole.
    The only estimates I have seen as high as 2 million were based on a photo that was taken before the construction of the National Museum of the American Indian which opened five years ago. ABC, which was quoted as saying that the crowd totaled 1.2 million issued a statement indicating that neither it nor any of its affiliates ever made any such claim. Rather, abc.com estimated the crowd at 60-70,000 based on comments from the DC Fire Department and the stations simply said that there were tens of thousands in attendance.

An estimate is a guesstimate just like the estmate of the crowd before Obama in Berlin...it all depends whose side or more correctly which media is making the estimate...but the numbers will be going nowhere but up as people stand up for the truth, and this is what its about...lies and deception.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,1062512.story

So crowd estimates vary. 60,000 or 2,000,000.

Ultimitely what outcome do you predict?

Subvert the dominant paradigm?

Good Luck

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 09-15-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

What outcome will there be? I'm not a psychic. I just hope that people that have worked all their lives don't have to relinquish what they saved and were required to be put into social security divided up for those that sat on their asses and expected government handouts.Those that worked all their lives in hopes of pursuing life,liberty, and happiness are the people that are protesting.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,1062512.story

So crowd estimates vary. 60,000 or 2,000,000.

Ultimitely what outcome do you predict?

Subvert the dominant pardigm?

Good Luck

JD
    The estimates of 2M are a joke. The fire department knows how to estimate crowds. I like that, estimates vary... I've been in a crowd of 2 million people. It will literally shut a town down. Two million people packed shoulder to shoulder, chest to back, with no breathing space in between will fill an area around 450 feet wide by 1 mile long. The mall in DC is 309 acres. If you put 2M people on the mall, and each took up a square 2.5 x 2.5 feet, the mall would be absolutely packed one end to the other. They would be tightly packed enough that you couldn't walk through the crowd.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Someone from our area who went to DC over the weekend reported this:
    I went to DC last Saturday. I never saw so many people in my life. It was reported yesterday a university from Illinois (I think I heard) came up with 1.7 million people from a satellite imagery system program.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Someone from our area who went to DC over the weekend reported this:
    I went to DC last Saturday. I never saw so many people in my life. It was reported yesterday a university from Illinois (I think I heard) came up with 1.7 million people from a satellite imagery system program.
    As far as I can tell, Beck invented this count on the spur of the moment during his Fox & Friends comments on Tuesday. He cited an unnamed (and still unnamed) "university" that had done some study, dismissing what he characterized as the "official" estimate of 60,000 (there was no official estimate since the Parks Service is not longer allowed to provide such counts after controversy on the numbers of attendees in prior demonstrations.).

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    As far as I can tell, Beck invented this count on the spur of the moment during his Fox & Friends comments on Tuesday. He cited an unnamed (and still unnamed) "university" that had done some study, dismissing what he characterized as the "official" estimate of 60,000 (there was no official estimate since the Parks Service is not longer allowed to provide such counts after controversy on the numbers of attendees in prior demonstrations.).
    That 60,000 is more than what showed up several years ago at the Million Man March and look at the publicity it recieved!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That 60,000 is more than what showed up several years ago at the Million Man March and look at the publicity it recieved!
    Actually, that was the last time the Parks Service did an official count. They announced that 400,000 had shown up when the organizers were saying that there were 1.7 million. In any event, it seems to have been massively larger than this past weekend. Maybe that's where the photo came that was circulated on conservative blogs to prove the claim of more people.