The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Misdirected rage?

So long as he got at least one more vote then your guy, it doesn't really matter what you or anyone else think of his qualifications.
    Not at all true ... no matter who won or when. That kind of mindset won't help us hold our representatives accountable.

Hey, guys, you're all going off the deep end here ... all of you are capable of far better debate than your recent exchanges would indicate.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    dnf777, sorry I spelled Cheney's name wrong. I am still waiting for you to tell us about Obamas qualifications. You won't answer the question. Why is that? Could it be he's never run anything?
    I'm not the spell-checker police, lord knows I'd have a life sentence...but when someone calls me ignorant of a subject they misspell...well don't you see the irony?

Again, you must mistake me for Obama's spokesman, which I am not. I do not feel compelled to defend him on his qualifications. There is much I disagree with him upon.

Just an observation here: It seems its only the extreme right positioned folks here who have resorted to name calling and insulting fellow listers. (ignorant, asshat, jerk, bigot...) Why is that? As Gerry pointed out, as have others, that is no way to carry on a discussion. To me, it was a debate tactic that worked reasonably well up until the 3rd or 4th grade, where we learned that's not the way to treat one another. (or certainly no way to solve differences)

As my sign-off "water off my back regards" indicates, I really don't give a hoot what someone types of me, but it makes me not want to waste my time trying to have a civil discourse with someone who must resort to name-calling to keep their ego inflated.

I agree with Gerry...(on this point, anyway!)

Bucket of cold water regards,
    Dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm not the spell-checker police, lord knows I'd have a life sentence...but when someone calls me ignorant of a subject they misspell...well don't you see the irony?

Again, you must mistake me for Obama's spokesman, which I am not. I do not feel compelled to defend him on his qualifications. There is much I disagree with him upon.

Just an observation here: It seems its only the extreme right positioned folks here who have resorted to name calling and insulting fellow listers. (ignorant, asshat, jerk, bigot...) Why is that? As Gerry pointed out, as have others, that is no way to carry on a discussion. To me, it was a debate tactic that worked reasonably well up until the 3rd or 4th grade, where we learned that's not the way to treat one another. (or certainly no way to solve differences)

As my sign-off "water off my back regards" indicates, I really don't give a hoot what someone types of me, but it makes me not want to waste my time trying to have a civil discourse with someone who must resort to name-calling to keep their ego inflated.

I agree with Gerry...(on this point, anyway!)

Bucket of cold water regards,
    Dave
    That statement is incorrect.

And you know it!!

"Racist, extremist, zealot, oh, and BLOW HARD?"
    Any of those ring a bell?

There is plenty of name calling and inuendo to go around!!

right wing extremist regards,
    (yes, I beleive in God and own weapons!!)

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 09-16-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That statement is incorrect.

And you know it!!

"Racist, extremist, zealot, oh, and BLOW HARD?"
    Any of those ring a bell?

There is plenty of name calling and inuendo to go around!!

right wing extremist regards,
    (yes, I beleive in God and own weapons!!)

stan b
    Hey, I believe in God, own weapons, AND have an NRA sticker on my truck. Does that make me a right wing extremist too?

Racist is not nice. Extremist and zealot are not necessarily bad. Blow hard could be good or bad.....

Boudin on my mind regards,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

two words: Dick Cheney
    Don't talk about Dead Eye Dick. He made his before he went to DC.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Hey, I believe in God, own weapons, AND have an NRA sticker on my truck. Does that make me a right wing extremist too?
    dave
    Absolutely, and welcome to the club.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacPherson View Post
    Absolutely, and welcome to the club.
    Was it W.C. Fields that said, "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member"??

Ah, what the hell...as long as the beer's cold!

Racist is not nice. Extremist and zealot are not necessarily bad. Blow hard could be good or bad.....

Boudin on my mind regards,
    dave
    I have been called immature by some here as well.

Problem is "immature" has a definition and I have no argument against that, dnf.

Sooooo.....I will ride my H-D to Tomahawk WI today for the fall colorama and all you mature folks will have to carry on without me!!

The fall colorama in northern WI will be 3 days of the 3 B's.
    (Bikes, Beer & Babes) + immature behavior!!
    I wonder if the secular progressives even know that this part of America exists??

Peace!

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 09-17-2009 at 06:44 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I wonder if the secular progressives even know that this part of America exists??stan b
    Substitute "bongs" for "bikes", and you're living the liberal mantra!

Peace back at ya, and have a safe, and wonderfully "immature" trip!

Was it W.C. Fields that said, "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member"??

Ah, what the hell...as long as the beer's cold!
    I think it was Marx, (you know, Harpo's brother ) at one of Joe McCarthy's Senate Hearings (UN-American Activities???) when asked "are you now or have you ever been a Secular Progressive?"
    Last edited by blind ambition; 09-17-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.