The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am disgusted

Alpha-Omega writes: "We had Dear Uncle in Missouri"...

I thought Mutha lived in Pennsylvania.

As for your self-ascribed title, let me decipher...you are Not the beginning, but you certainly are the end-all for any coherent articulation concerning whatever topic you are posting on. You do bring out the WTF??? in all of us.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Does not take much to see how accurate we have been, but that is neither here nor there.

Many seem to confuse the terms liberal, progressive, moderate, conservative and fascist. The farther fascist the more confused. I have been Pegged as a moderate republican (NO LONG REPUBLICAN) and the OMEGA accurately a Conservative democrat.

Your position on the food chain? Just ask, do I get all my information from talk radio, FOX and far right www. Or do I listen to the other ten thousand venues of information and and maybe use them as a source of reality.

In 1993 I returned to the good Old U.S. of A. and the first thing I saw on T.V. was Rush Limbaugh. I said to myself, that this man will turn us into Fascist Nation given half a chance. Then the Murrah Building came down and I knew we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHA-OMEGA View Post
    losDogs and me. We are all racist, greedy and bigoted. It is just that some of use recognize it in our selves and work on eliminating, others choose to ignore or amplify. Where do you stand?

Three Puppies:
    Tigres Shadow (F) Lab afraid of the water
    Teddy Bear Boniface (M) Pom walks on back of Chairs/Hi-Road
    Gidget (two brain Cells)(F)L/hair Chihuahua feet no touch floor
    G. Diane (F) Human one mean gal
    The puppies are family members and not pets
    Daughter and grand daughter
    Son and grand son these are pets meaning we feed and water
    USMC 26A 2 active res/ 2 inactive res Msgt
    USPS 14 in process of retirement ET-10
    just had l/rotator cuff repaired and expect to start physical therapy next couple weeks

We had Dear Uncle in Missouri who died a year ago that we often visited. He ran a kennel, pet supply and grooming business, and at one time or another raised and sold Dolbies, had an obedience school and even set up a small cemetery originally for his puppies and later the locals who loved him and the dog he provided over the years. He was a lot like some of the gentlemen here. When we visited we would sway him from the dark side but he would drift back. The next time we returned and would have to sway him back. I so wish that he had lived to see the Great EYE Opening that is just now occurring in this nation. What we are now hearing is just the start of the new discourse to get the hate and haters behind us and go forth as a better Nation.

Semper Fi
    Can anyone translate this for me? Plain Okie English will work just fine.

Thanks,
    fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Where did you get your "news" from Bob, Rush limbaugh? Please quote the source.
    Is the New York Times good enough for you? http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/200...ns/#more-30319

I'm sure Osama would give all your posts an enthusiastic thumbs up, too.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Maybe he does have racist beliefs, maybe he doesn't. Trying to prove what is in one's heart or soul is impossible, except through one's overt acts, and nothing I've seen has convinced me those were racially motivated words
    Actually its quite easy to tell whats in a man heart.

what one thinks about enough will roll out of his mouth.

Pete

MY Wife , My Wife and the comments we are getting certainly show how badly it has hit home on so many people. They burst into anger and attack without credibility or thought.

Go back and start all over again. Before you answer you must Know yourself. If not, when you answer, everyone will Know the real you.

If you do not understand something give it to your Wife, Sister, or Mother, perhaps one of them can put it into terms you can understand. In my younger days before I grew taller, this helped me. Believe it or not, you may also get to the point where you understand without the need to have an interpreter or use the book of coded words. But this requires an open mind seeking truthful knowledge and not a closed vessel.

MY Wife , My Wife and the comments we are getting certainly show how badly it has hit home on so many people. They burst into anger and attack without credibility or thought.

Go back and start all over again. Before you answer you must Know yourself. If not, when you answer, everyone will Know the real you.

If you do not understand something give it to your Wife, Sister, or Mother, perhaps one of them can put it into terms you can understand. In my younger days before I grew taller, this helped me. Believe it or not, you may also get to the point where you understand without the need to have an interpreter or use the book of coded words. But this requires an open mind seeking truthful knowledge and not a closed vessel.
    As one of the "liberals" here, I believe you paint with much too broad a brush. Personally, I do not believe that most, or even a large percentage, of evangelicals are racist. I also do not believe that most, or even a large portion of conservatives are racist.

Unfortunately, I do believe that many who are afraid of liberal philosophies, are willing to accept alliances with bigots and race baiters (a category that I believe includes the likes of Pat Buchanan and Glen Beck) in their desperation. The Southern Strategy of Nixon and Reagan gave an aura of legitimacy to such alliances, and today that fraction of the right that is racist has become an essential part of electoral strategy. Personally, I believe that the Republican Party needs to either file for divorce or die. A political party that is incapable of attracting a significant percentage of minority votes will have little role in shaping the future of our nation.

As to being banned, until you mentioned it it never occurred to me.

Maybe it needs to be done. If Individuals here cannot take the heat, give logical rebuttals or have to rely on character assassinations to discredit things not grasped, so be it.

The dog people I know are generally thoughtful, almost gentle and not hateful or resentful. Neither do they what to see our government, nation, or president fail. That seems to be the theme of too many at this site. Is this what the site stands for? Is it the agenda of a majority of the individuals who have posted in the last couple of days? If you say no, then go back and reread all the postings including your own and think about about what you said, what you meant, and how it is interpreted by normal people.

I hear "you don't know me" a lot, but boy, I do get to know what you are and how you think by your postings very quickly. There are some very good people that I could really respect here. Likewise I believe that others should not be given dominion over the animals they purport to love. Especially if the are so locked into hatred and do not seek solutions but are unthinking followers of questionable agendas.

I am thinking that it might be better to not enlighten but then how would I crusade for the right yes, the right Republican Party and not what it has turned into since the Southern Democratic take over in the 1980's. We need two parties and they should not be both the Democratic Party.

Semper FI

Maybe it needs to be done. If Individuals here cannot take the heat, give logical rebuttals or have to rely on character assassinations to discredit things not grasped, so be it.

The dog people I know are generally thoughtful, almost gentle and not hateful or resentful. Neither do they what to see our government, nation, or president fail. That seems to be the theme of too many at this site. Is this what the site stands for? Is it the agenda of a majority of the individuals who have posted in the last couple of days? If you say no, then go back and reread all the postings including your own and think about about what you said, what you meant, and how it is interpreted by normal people.

I hear "you don't know me" a lot, but boy, I do get to know what you are and how you think by your postings very quickly. There are some very good people that I could really respect here. Likewise I believe that others should not be given dominion over the animals they purport to love. Especially if the are so locked into hatred and do not seek solutions but are unthinking followers of questionable agendas.

I am thinking that it might be better to not enlighten but then how would I crusade for the right yes, the right Republican Party and not what it has turned into since the Southern Democratic take over in the 1980's. We need two parties and they should not be both the Democratic Party.

Semper FI
    Calling someone you do NOT know a racist is as serious an attack on that persons character as anything that has been said to you.
    Ask Omega.......
    Sanctimony is a form of elitism, your forte'

In regard to prejudices, I find most people working to build, support and love their families could by and large care less the color of a persons skin.
    Where I find the disconnect is in cultural differences.
    They exist, and more missunderstanding occurs there.
    I am sure you know that, but that perspective does not support your "race card" defense.

stan b

"semper paratus!!"
    Last edited by road kill; 09-16-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Semper FI
    "...cannot take the heat..." An interesting comment coming from someone hiding behind an alias and signing with "Semper Fi".

No name, no standing regards,
    Frank Price
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth