The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I am disgusted

Obama has flat out rebuked Carter's claim. And I think he is a legitimate spokesperson for this administration!

Duh! Of course he did. The Dems drag out Jimmy to play the race card against anyone who disagrees with Obama while Obama downplays Carter's comments. Give me a break!
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 09-17-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Obama has flat out rebuked Carter's claim. And I think he is a legitimate spokesperson for this administration!

I agree with many points of the protesters. Thats why I hate to see them undermined by the extremists who grab all the tv spots. I don't seek to discredit all, or even most republicans with race claims, and I think that is clear from my other posts. But I cannot reconcile some of the rhetoric we've seen with legitimate debate.

Calling escaped gorillas a relative of Michelle Obama isn't racist? Cartoons of watermelons on the whitehouse lawn isn't racist? Granted, those idiots don't speak for mainstream republicans (God, I hope) but it would be nice to see them rebuked by others on the right, just as the left tried to push Wright and Ayers aside.
    Very level heading post Dave though i don't completely agree with the last paragraph. No one tried to disavow Wright or Ayers until it became a controversy. And while I realize that you can't disavow something you don't know about, both Wright and Ayers backgrounds were known. It wasn't until poll numbers started dropping that Obama all of a sudden realized that these were bad people and that he shouldn't associate with them. Does this happen with republicans to? Sure but you brought up the examples so I'm just addressing them. BOTH parties usually only disavow something they are a part of when they are outted and it becomes an issue. I will say again to Jeff and others please site where Glen Beck and others that you are claiming are racist have shown any evidence of actually being so. Please don't tell me that Glen, Sean, and Rush are racist because you believe so, you can't see into their hearts and just blindly calling someone racist is about as true as me saying you are racist Jeff....none.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    Very level heading post Dave though i don't completely agree with the last paragraph. No one tried to disavow Wright or Ayers until it became a controversy. And while I realize that you can't disavow something you don't know about, both Wright and Ayers backgrounds were known. It wasn't until poll numbers started dropping that Obama all of a sudden realized that these were bad people and that he shouldn't associate with them. Does this happen with republicans to? Sure but you brought up the examples so I'm just addressing them. BOTH parties usually only disavow something they are a part of when they are outted and it becomes an issue. I will say again to Jeff and others please site where Glen Beck and others that you are claiming are racist have shown any evidence of actually being so. Please don't tell me that Glen, Sean, and Rush are racist because you believe so, you can't see into their hearts and just blindly calling someone racist is about as true as me saying you are racist Jeff....none.
    I think we can agree on 95% of each other's posts.

As for Glen Beck et al, one can never prove what is in one's heart or mind, only what comes out of their mouth. Most people who make it to that level aren't stupid, and filter very carefully what they say. Perception and interpretation will be left for us little folks on web forums to debate ad naseum!

Have a great weekend, looks like good weather in our corner...
    Dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post

Duh! Of course he did. The Dems drag out Jimmy to play the race card against anyone who disagrees with Obama while Obama downplays Carter's comments. Give me a break!
    I don't think ex presidents of any ilk take to being drug out. The ex-presidents club is pretty damn elite, and those folks do whatever the heck they feel like!

I'm gonna let this one go....there's no sense of us arguing amongst ourselves what is in someone else's mind. Other than Michael Richards (Kramer) and Mel Gibson, most keep their feelings inside.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Other than Michael Richards (Kramer) and Mel Gibson, most keep their feelings inside.
    And "Rev." Wright and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Don't forget that side of the coin...

EDIT: Don't forget Kanye 'Bush blew up the levees' West
    ________
    Vapir no2
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    And "Rev." Wright and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Don't forget that side of the coin...

EDIT: Don't forget Kanye 'Bush blew up the levees' West
    I don't consider them on opposite sides of a coin, rather all in the same boat. And that boat can be torpedoed for all I care.

I don't consider them on opposite sides of a coin, rather all in the same boat. And that boat can be torpedoed for all I care.
    +1 and many more because i don't have enough characters otherwise haha

Hey dnf777, what has Glenn Beck said that wasn't true? Can you please tell us? Beck brought to light the hiring of communist Czar Van Jones who Obama hired and fired after Beck exposed him. The only reason you didn't hear about it was the fact the Liberal media you watch and listen to failed to cover the story as to not embarrass Obama.

You Liberals just don't get it. Senile old Carter's comment was carefully staged to imply anyone not agreeing with Obama is a racist. It was a tactic to prevent anyone from disagreeing with the Messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    Hey dnf777, what has Glenn Beck said that wasn't true? Can you please tell us? Beck brought to light the hiring of communist Czar Van Jones who Obama hired and fired after Beck exposed him. The only reason you didn't hear about it was the fact the Liberal media you watch and listen to failed to cover the story as to not embarrass Obama.
    Have you been wire-tapping my cable box again? How do you know who or what I listen to. Oh, maybe you're presuming to know?

I think Beck suffered brain damage during his botched hemorrhoid operation. That's just my opinion, but he seems to have acquired those psychotic darting eyes and restless affect of a schizo ever since returning. Not saying he doesn't have a valid point now and then, but he thrives on fanning hatred and fear.

How do I notice....oh, I guess I watch him now and then....but you already knew that.