The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I am disgusted

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    However, the vote would be close if the Republicans ever put forward a candidate who was a social moderate or libertarian, believed in diversity, and was an economic conservative who believed that budgets should be balanced even if that means higher taxes. That kind of Republican would probably win in a landslide. For what it's worth, I live in a Republican area in which the majority of voters have voted against the Republican candidate for President and against the Republican candidates for Senate and Congress (Santorum and a congressional lookalike) in the last two elections, while voting in favor of Republicans in almost every local contest.
    Been looking for 1 like that myself for a long time. Except for the raising taxes to balance a bloated budget I agree with your points.

But life is interesting, after 10 years of attending City Council meetings, I decided to throw my hat in the ring. I have attended all Budget Committee meetings & cannot believe the financial illiteracy.

Our Mayor, a lifelong D is doing all within her power to derail my candidacy. That has to tell you something. While I don't believe anyone is on the take, there are no checks & balances.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Been looking for 1 like that myself for a long time. Except for the raising taxes to balance a bloated budget I agree with your points.

But life is interesting, after 10 years of attending City Council meetings, I decided to throw my hat in the ring. I have attended all Budget Committee meetings & cannot believe the financial illiteracy.

Our Mayor, a lifelong D is doing all within her power to derail my candidacy. That has to tell you something. While I don't believe anyone is on the take, there are no checks & balances.
    I guess it shouldn't surprise me but it always does. Take an average individual put them in a position of some authority, give them access to more money than they have ever dealt with then sit back and watch the lunacy.
    The take is still going on Marvin it's just getting harder to spot.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Jeff, you are at times a bright guy. You said you were also a business person. The only time the polling gets checked is when there is an election. They need business between elections so will reach the conclusion the buyer wants. So who knows who they are talking to? They have never called me.

But it's like the bond rating agency's with the CDO's. You don't know they weren't doing their homework until things turn South.

I know of no one other than the few lefties on this forum who approve of Obongo. I read the bumper stickers. Many whom I know who voted against Bush are now having real buyer's remorse. Is that surprising? In fact, many of them get real testy when the subject is broached.
    OK. I can't help myself. Marvin, who voted against Bush in the last election?

Running for City Council...? Oh yeah!

"Our Mayor, a lifelong D is doing all within her power to derail my candidacy. That has to tell you something. "

What does it tell you Marvin?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Have you been wire-tapping my cable box again? How do you know who or what I listen to. Oh, maybe you're presuming to know?

I think Beck suffered brain damage during his botched hemorrhoid operation. That's just my opinion, but he seems to have acquired those psychotic darting eyes and restless affect of a schizo ever since returning. Not saying he doesn't have a valid point now and then, but he thrives on fanning hatred and fear.

How do I notice....oh, I guess I watch him now and then....but you already knew that.
    I appreciate your sense of humor in the humorless desert of RTF/PP.
    Please do not relenquish the stick

regards, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

This is funny to read/watch. The liberals are scrambling.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't think ex presidents of any ilk take to being drug out. The ex-presidents club is pretty damn elite, and those folks do whatever the heck they feel like!

I'm gonna let this one go....there's no sense of us arguing amongst ourselves what is in someone else's mind. Other than Michael Richards (Kramer) and Mel Gibson, most keep their feelings inside.
    DNF did not finish again:
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    DNF did not finish again:
    No, it's just that some arguments have no logical conclusion, and I've learned when it's time to stop wasting time. Trying to prove what is in someone's head in impossible and only open to interpretation, although some here seem to think they can.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

When arguments do have a logical conclusion, they are frequently ignored...
    ________
    VAPORIZER AFFILIATE PROGRAMS
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:39 PM.

[QUOTE=dnf7No, it's just that some arguments have no logical conclusion, and I've learned when it's time to stop wasting time.

If you knew when it's time to stop wasting time you wouldn't be jacking around with POTUS
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

[QUOTE=M&K's Retrievers;502140][QUOTE=dnf7No, it's just that some arguments have no logical conclusion, and I've learned when it's time to stop wasting time.

If you knew when it's time to stop wasting time you wouldn't be jacking around with POTUS[/QUOTE]

I've said before, PoTUS is like a bad car wreck along the road.....you can't help but keep looking!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!