The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Baucus Care

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    His pricing is for an individual, not a family.... It also only covers his personal services, not any tests or costs of referrals. He only accepts patients with comprehensive health insurance. He just won't accept it for payment of his own services.
    Well, that sure is the way to get the best of both worlds ... for the doctor.

However, last year I had 3 visits for "water on the knee" (caused by slipping on a Nylabone!) The dr visits were about $150 -$170 each; 3 visits. Even a small accident like that can add up, just for the physician's services. Can see how it could work for a person who may have some chronic problem that requires monitoring at the primary physician level.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Not exactly about Baucus care ... but again alludes to the elephant in the room
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/26/he...dy.html?ref=us

Grady will continue to assist the indigent patients, many of them illegal immigrants, in seeking care in their home countries or in other states where they may qualify for emergency Medicaid coverage.
    As with the FL video, there seems to be a problem in getting either INS or the home countries to help in getting the illegal immigrants back to their home countries for care. Can't blame the home countries. Why would they want to take on the burden of this expensive, long-term care? OTOH, I sure don't understand INS's lack of action.

And they want us to believe that illegal aliens will not get health care? Tort reform, "defensive medicine", fraud, insurance company profits ... and the elephant in the room. Hundreds of millions of dollars now paid eventually by taxpayers, insured patients, and govt. How will any of the proposals change any of this? How will amnesty change any of this? Are these costs included in the costs of the proposals? And this would constitute at least 1/3 of the problem of the "uninsured".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.