The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iran No Longer a Threat?

Yardley telling us that missile defense doesn't work in...

I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Pentagon officials said the decision to move away from the shield was based on intelligence indicating Iran is focused on developing short- and medium-range missiles rather than the long-range intercontinental missiles originally feared
    Somehow it seems odd to me to share our strategic thinking in public communications like this. If I were Iran, I would change my focus accordingly

A senior Iranian government source said the move could signal a move away from what he called 'threats and confrontation' over Iran's nuclear program.

"There could be two reasons behind such a decision; either the U.S. has reached the conclusion that Iran is not a threat, or the Russians may have convinced the Americans that there is no need for such a defense shield."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

As we have discussed before, the track record for long range missile defense sucks. The track record of short range is getting much better. I felt this program was a political boodoggle when Bush proposed it and I am happy if it dies. If we are going to cut the Federal deficit, a large amount of the savings will come from defense since that currently consumes a large percentage of the total budget.

Personally, there are some things I am not willing to roll the dice on. National Security is one of them.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Yardley, the more you post the dumber you sound. Using your thought process we could eliminate all defense spending and save even more money. Maybe we could just give the money to welfare recipients. You Liberals never cease to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    Yardley, the more you post the dumber you sound. Using your thought process we could eliminate all defense spending and save even more money. Maybe we could just give the money to welfare recipients. You Liberals never cease to amaze me.
    Where do you come up with such logic? Wasteful spending is wasteful spending, whether it is theoretically for defense or theoretically to assist those in need. I believe we need to do both, but that we need to do both well. You can listen to Secretary Gates' assessment at http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...26713&src=news.

I know, why dont we cut welfare fraud and medical services to undocumented aliens instead that should save a few bucks
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Makes you wonder who side he is on doesn't it?
    Actions with Hondourous makes that really clear.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Not to worry Obamas getting hammered on the talk shows for failing to back our allies and capitulating to Russia. Every day now he's looking dumber and dumber. Booed today in Maryland after lying about healthcare. He still hasn't addressed ACORN. He's now being asked by both parties in Congress about his authority to hire all these Czars. Mainstream America is on to this clown. We're going to take back our country.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I know, why dont we cut welfare fraud and medical services to undocumented aliens instead that should save a few bucks
    Most welfare systems have active fraud investigative units. The sad thing is there are judges that hand down wrist slaps when people are charged and found guilty.

I don't like to provide health care to illegals, either, but if there is a communicative disease present it is wise to get at it whoever may be affected. Currently illegals are ineligible for public medical coverage. However, if someone shows up at an emergency room, physicians are required by law and oath to treat.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!