The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enhance 30-22

Default Enhance 30-22

I see from one of the food polls that nobody said they feed this food. I also see they are one of our sponsors/advertisers here on RTF.

I was thinking of switching since Zeke is running a bit soft on Purina Puppy Chow. But I was curious if anyone has used it. Here is what I am looking at http://www.enhance3022.com/nutrition/LargePuppy.php

Any input?

BTW: Here is an ingredient and analysis comparison:

Puppy Chow
    Ingredients
    Whole grain corn, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, brewers rice, soybean meal, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), barley, dried beet pulp, animal digest, calcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, fish oil, salt, potassium chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, choline chloride, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), zinc sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, DL-Methionine, manganese proteinate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, copper sulfate, copper proteinate, calcium pantothenate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, Vitamin B-12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, calcium iodate, Vitamin D-3 supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite.
    N-4035

Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein (Min) 27.0%
    Crude Fat (Min) 10.0%
    Crude Fiber (Max) 5.0%
    Moisture (Max) 12.0%
    Calcium (Ca) (Min) 1.1%
    Phosphorus (P) (Min) 0.9%
    Iron (Fe) (Min) 150 mg/kg
    Vitamin D (Min) 500 IU/kg
    Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)** (Min) 70 mg/kg
    Docosahexaenoic Acid ** (DHA) (Min) 0.05

Enhance Food
    Ingredients
    Chicken Meal, Brewers Rice, Rice Flour, Ground Corn, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a natural source of Vitamin E), Beet Pulp, Flax, Fish Meal, Dried Whole Eggs, Brewers Yeast, Natural Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Choline Chloride, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Garlic, Chondroitin Sulfate, Lecithin, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Biotin, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (a source of Vitamin K activity), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite

Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein (Min.) 28.0%
    Crude Fat (Min.) 14.0%
    Crude Fiber (Max.) 4.5%
    Moisture (Max.) 10.0%
    Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Min.) 0.63%
    Omega-6 Fatty Acids (Min.) 2.76%
    Glucosamine Hydrochloride 400 mg/kg

I feed the Professional Athlete & have had great results.
    Chris W. Isbell

HRCH Gotta Ticket To Ride 'Trip' JH

HRCH C'Hoco Candy Roux 'Coco'

I've been feeding enhance for the past several months. I've gotten the same results if not better than euk and pro plan. The 30-22 was a bit much for my pups, but i've fed the pro athlete and hunter's edge with no problems. Dogs look better than ever. Can't go wrong in my opinion.

Glad to hear these positive responses. Being that they are a sponsor of a site that I get ALOT of info and enjoyment from I have been looking at their ingredients and strongly considering feeding it to my dog.
    Scott Mabry

"Coal" 6/96-10/28/08 Man's BEST Friend.
    Rough's Ramblin Ring of Fire, "Cash" 12/26/2008

Good deal. Looking at the price, it's not near the cost of Euk or any other high end brands. I can get it here for $27 a 40 pound bag.

I'm going to make the switch.

Kristie Wilder

How much do their large bags cost (weight of bag and price)? Thanks.

I've been using the Pro Athlete 30/22 for my nursing dams and weaning pups, no problems. Only one source in my area and they are notoriously high priced on everything, 40# bag runs $40 with tax. It was $27 the first bag I bought last spring then jumped more than $10/bag once I started buying a bag or two a month, of course. But the food itself I like.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Down here i get it anywhere from 18.99 to 24.99 depending on which one i get for the 40# bags. Defintly no where close to euk or PP

Quote Originally Posted by Kristie Wilder View Post
    How much do their large bags cost (weight of bag and price)? Thanks.
    Like I said, here in Texas it is $27 per 40 pounds. Purina is $23 per 40 pounds, but Zeke has loose stools with it. Plus, the Enhance looks to have better ingredients. The puppy chow has chickem by-product wheras the Enhance has chicken meal. Not a dog food expert, but by-product sounds like the left overs. I will give Enhance a call in the AM to see what they say about their product vs. what i am currently feeding.

Anyhow, I am going to switch to something and since so many pro's endorse it and it comparable price, I'm going to give the 28-14 a try.
    Last edited by Jason B; 09-17-2009 at 07:45 PM.