The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Soda Tax

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There is alot more dangerous stuff out there than pop,candy,and processed foods and cigeretts.

Guns,cars,shopping carts,mountain climbing ,sky diving and bungy jumping, the air we breath and the water we drink,,You name it ,,its all vulgar.

Why dont we just garnish everyones wages and just allow them enough money to pay their bills. Then we will have enough money for health care,and I can eat my twinkies in peace without all this guilt.

Yu know ,one can justify that everytime I eat a pizza or a wendy burger I am actually stealing from society,,maby these actions should be criminalized.

A little alcohol is good for you by the way. We should be giving tax credits for that.

Pete
    I would argue that the western diet does more to lower the overall life expectancy than anything other than infant mortality, and possibly cars.

If you want to look at non-trauma causes of preventable death, diet would be #1 I bet. And diabetes is a HUGELY expensive, chronic condition to treat.

I don't want to tax this stuff, just wish people would use more sense, but I know....wish in one hand and $#it in the other, and see which one fills up faster. (never tried that personally, but I bet I know the answer!)

This boy is heading outside. Crisp, clear morning, at about 45 degrees, heading up to 70 here today. My dog is telling me to shut this thing off and run some marks!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Any chance they can increase the tax on fruit cakes by 10 times ?
    Are you actually volunteering to pay higher taxes? How kind of you...
    ________
    KNIGHT RIDER DICUSSION
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Are you actually volunteering to pay higher taxes? How kind of you...
    I do not buy fruit cakes. I just want the people that do send them at christmas time to pay taxes ten fold on them so I will never get another one in the mail.

I think you missed the humor in my statement...

Fruitcake.
    ________
    LovelyWendie99
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.

My Scottish grandfather had the best fruitcake recipe. It went something like gather the candied fruit, flour, yeast, and a bottle of good, aged scotch. Mix all the ingredients except the scotch, and throw them away. Enjoy what's left.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!