The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Forbes Magazine

Default Forbes Magazine

They just published the best cities for new jobs. Interesting was that 9 of 10 were in states that voted Republican in the last election.

Little ol Cajun Lafayette, La was ranked #8. Could be because we have full-employment thanks to the oil patch & medical industries.

There is no recession here and won't be until Cap and Trade hits.

Geaux Cajuns! http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/17/cit...s_slide_4.html
    Last edited by Franco; 09-18-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

they just posted the unemployment here in Las Vegas at 13.9 percent and this union town including the one that I am a reluctant member Culinary # 226, a subsidiary of SEIU went heavy for BHO. they originally backed Clinton but when the winds shifted and the momentum swung so did their support. the state used to be a lock for Republicans but with an influx of minorities it has changed to a Democrat state...Glad that I have a job for now but the outlook is bleak..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    they just posted the unemployment here in Las Vegas at 13.9 percent and this union town including the one that I am a reluctant member Culinary # 226, a subsidiary of SEIU went heavy for BHO. they originally backed Clinton but when the winds shifted and the momentum swung so did their support. the state used to be a lock for Republicans but with an influx of minorities it has changed to a Democrat state...Glad that I have a job for now but the outlook is bleak..
    We have over 400 restaurants in the area and over 3 dozen considered as Fine Dining. They stay busy and are always looking for help! They are not all Cajun restaurants, Over a dozen Sushi Bars, 5 Thai, Indian...you name it. Only cuisine missing is French as in Escosier Cusine! Plus, we have very good retriever training areas.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-18-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Excluding Puerto Rico the states with the highest unemployment are Michigan, Nevada, Rhode Island, California and Oregon. Nationwide unemployment will climb over 10% this year and stay that way for a long time. And 10% is a fraudulent BLS number...the real number is probably closer to 20%.

With such high unemployment numbers the social security train wreck is fast approaching.

Franco....will be spending a bit of time near Kaplan here in the near future.

Was hoping there were some retriever guys around.

T.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Lafayette has no French restaurants? How'd that happen?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Certainly, Ill PM you my phone number.

Kaplan is one of the good places to be when the geese are down.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

Lafayette has no French restaurants? How'd that happen?
    We have a lot of Cajun restaurants, Cajun/Creole etc.

Unlike New Olreans, there are no Continental French restaurants. We have restaurants that represent just about every cuisine one could imagine. I just find it interesting that no one is cooking Escosier. We have a Continental Spainish restaurant called, Pampolna(nothing like Mexican food at all) run by real Castillians, so I find it odd that there isn't a French one.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-18-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    We have a lot of Cajun restaurants, Cajun/Creole etc.

Unlike New Olreans, there are no Continental French restaurants. We have restaurants that represent just about every cuisine one could imagine. I just find it interesting that no one is cooking Escosier. We have a Continental Spainish restaurant called, Pampolna(nothing like Mexican food at all) run by real Castillians, so I find it odd that there isn't a French one.
    Southern La, including NOLA, IMHO, has the best damn food in the world! If I lived there any longer than I did, I'd have to ride in back of my truck and let the dog drive!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Sometime in the early 70's Time had a cover with "Spendy Wendy" Anderson titled the Good Life in Minnesota. I don't remember the critera but believe it might have been lifestyle. The cover showed the former govener in a scene like American Gothic holding a large northern pike instead of a pitchfork.
    Last edited by Richard Halstead; 09-18-2009 at 08:34 PM.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html