The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Here's why health care is so expensive....

Default Here's why health care is so expensive....

Bubba Had Shingles. Those of us who spend much time in a doctor's office should appreciate this! Doesn't it seem more and more that physicians are running their practices like an assembly line? Here's what happened to Bubba:

Bubba walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked him what he had. Bubba said: 'Shingles.' So she wrote down his name, address, medical insurance number and told him to have a seat.

Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out and asked Bubba what he had.
    Bubba said, 'Shingles.' So she wrote down his height, weight, a complete medical history and told Bubba to wait in the examining room.

A half hour later a nurse came in and asked Bubba what he had. Bubba said, 'Shingles..' So the nurse gave Bubba a blood test, a blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, and told Bubba to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor.

An hour later the doctor came in and found Bubba sitting patiently in the nude and asked Bubba what he had. Bubba said, 'Shingles.' The doctor asked, 'Where?'
    Bubba said, 'Outside on the truck. Where do you want me to unload 'em??'
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

When I was a young army doc at Ft. Polk, La, my tech (a crusty old retired sergeant-major from Viet-nam) called at the waiting room, "Richard". No answer, so we took the next patient. Again, "Richard". No answer, next patient. All day, until closing. Finally SM saw a kid sitting out there and said "what are you doing here". Kid said, "sir, I been here all day and ain't nobody called me."
    What's your name, son?

Ree-shard sir.

Swear to God, true story.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

My mom is a secretary at an elementary school. One day she was registering a kid and the mom wrote the little girls name on the forms. It was Le-a. So my mom called her Lea. Nope. Leah. Nope. Leia. Nope. By this time the mother was getting irritated, so she corrected my mom.

'Her name is Ledasha. The dash don't be silent!'

I am serious.
    ________
    LovelyWendie
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    My mom is a secretary at an elementary school. One day she was registering a kid and the mom wrote the little girls name on the forms. It was Le-a. So my mom called her Lea. Nope. Leah. Nope. Leia. Nope. By this time the mother was getting irritated, so she corrected my mom.

'Her name is Ledasha. The dash don't be silent!'

I am serious.

I don't even want to go there. =)
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I have a friend who teaches at a local middle school. They had a kid begin school with the name Latrine. For those who don't know, a latrine is Army speak for a toilet. The faculty expalined to Latrine's momma what the word meant and he henceforth became Latron.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

It is expensive, because someone else pays the bill.