The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newsmax Interviews Bill Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHA-OMEGA View Post
    using inside trader knowledge.
    I have yet to find anything in your posts that I waste the time reading that could be construed as knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    A successful Democratic party has room for more conservative blue dog democrats,
    I would find this statement to be true were Stephanie not their elected leader & Nancy not trying to drum many of them from the party.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I have yet to find anything in your posts that I waste the time reading that could be construed as knowledge.

I would find this statement to be true were Stephanie not their elected leader & Nancy not trying to drum many of them from the party.
    While Nancy may be Speaker of the House, she appears to have almost no influence at all concerning campaign funding and support. My Congressman is a freshman named Patrick Murphy, who is a blue dog dem who won his seat in a traditionally republican district. My Senator if Bob Casey, a RTL supporter is is generally on the conservative side within the party. Both receive substantial support from the national party with frequent WH visits. PA is a swing state. Santorum lost his seat because, after initially fronting himself as a moderate, became a leader in the most conservative positions of the party. That alienated the majority of the electorate. If Bob Casey or Patrick Murphy begins to act like members of the Pelosi camp, they will lose their jobs and they know it. To date, the party has made both welcome because they know it's the only way to win. What did the Republicans do? They drummed Specter out of the party and lost a seat that they could have retained. Not too smart.

What did the Republicans do? They drummed Specter out of the party and lost a seat that they could have retained. Not too smart.
    What good was having Specter's seat if his views/votes better reflected D positions? Seems like nothing lost.

Specter was afraid that his constituency no longer believed he was the best man for the job. Maybe they're right? Once the Ds got Specter in their camp, he didn't get treated much better by them. It was good PR to have a high-profile guy change affiliation, but it doesn't appear that the "machine" will give him much support if there is a viable up-and-comer they think is a better vote-getter.

I think that Specter's party change lost him both R and D votes.

Sorry, I can't get over his remark that he wouldn't let the voters stand in the way of his career. Excu-u-u-se me? A 36-year career seems like it might be enough already, if he has come to think he is "entitled" to be more important than his constituents.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.