The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Bumper Boy receiver batteries

Default Bumper Boy receiver batteries

My Derby Double is a 2003 model upgraded with advanced sound. One of the receiver units will not hold a charge. I am looking for some help. Where do you buy your batteries for the receiver? Directly from Bumper Boy, or have you found another source? Thanks so much.

I went to my local radio shop, not the chain store radio shack. In my area it was two guys in a place called Clarks Radios. It was the spot that fleet trucks get radio and GPS stuff and short wave radio club guys shop (Man you think WE are a bunch of freaks! Those guys are WOW!) Anyway, they opened up my receiver, had the exact battery by number in stock and installed it for me as it was not a quick connection. They installed a quick connection for the next time I have to replace it. Said if they had not had the battery in stock they are only two days away from the source. So………. If you have such shop in your local, stop in. Easier that mailing your receiver to bumper boy. But BB can replace it as well.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Thanks Ken, do you remember the cost? Bumper Boy has them for $18.99. Thanks again.

I think $40 ish but they did some shop time as well
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I would try Batteries Plus stores and places like that. I know when my Mikita drill battery finally died and took it to them and they rebuilt the battery for less than half the cost of a new one plus they use better ones than the original. I plan on doing the same if my BB ever goes out.
    Last edited by Mistyriver; 09-23-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by delduckdog View Post
    My Derby Double is a 2003 model upgraded with advanced sound. One of the receiver units will not hold a charge. I am looking for some help. Where do you buy your batteries for the receiver? Directly from Bumper Boy, or have you found another source? Thanks so much.

Batteries Plus. They will build a better power pac than can be purchased and it shold be a bit less and quicker to get done. They upped the milli amps in mine and they hold a charege longer and I have a longer use life with them also.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Try this place on the net. I replaced the batteries in my 3 BBs last year. Just have to solder them together & take the wiring harness off the old batteries. Get the batteries with the soldering tabs already on them. Make life alittle easier.

Kyle

N-700AAC AA Rechargeable Battery 700mAh NiCd 1.2v
    No Additional Components
    Product Part #: NIC-AA-700
    (Qty: 10 x $1.60)

www.batteryprice.com
    HRCH Grant's Riptide Champ "Champ"
    HRCH Grant's All That Man in Black "Cash"

Might want to try this...

A buddy of mine here at work is into remote controlled planes and trucks. I showed him the battery pack out of my Derby Double and he said to try the hobby store where he buys his stuff. They had the exact battery pack for $18.00, with the quick connect. No shipping charges and they always have them in stock.

I just ordered some replacement batteries from: http://all-battery.com

Product Name:
    6V 1000mAh Nicd Side by Side RX Receiver Battery Packs with Hi-tec Connector
    Part No. 21027
    Price $7.65

The leads were a little shorter than the origional batteries, but they fit and worked fine.