The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone's gonna get fired...

I wouldn't object that black history is a valid part of school curriculum. I'm wondering what the other presentations were like, and whether the nature of the presentations were the kids' idea or designed by a teacher. Would we feel the same if the song had been set to the tune of "Mary Had A Little Lamb"?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Dear Leader loves the little children,
    All the children of the world.
    Red and yellow, black and white,
    All are precious in Dear Leader's sight,
    Dear Leader loves the little children of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Well, as the story unfolds in my local newspaper (I live near the school district in question), the song was sung by the class as part of the school's program for Black History month on February 26. The focus of the show was a series of tributes to black Americans whose actions have made a difference in our history. I don't understand the logic, but apparently the teacher thought that the inauguration of the nation's first black President deserved mention in the show. There were many similar skits in the show focusing on others of importance. I suspect that no one will be fired since the teacher involved retired last June. There are investigations being conducted by the school board and by the NJ Division of Education. Apparently the video was posted by someone in Washington DC who authored a book on Obama but was not present at the assembly. The video was shot by a student at the school and it was not reported how the tape came into the possession of the person who posted it.
    Nice job of attempting to divert everyone's attention with trivial BS before you.....

I'm sure that the damage to the children can be corrected with years of electroshock treatment and therapy.
    chastise those who find this teachers actions (with public funds) questionable at best. Geez....how long were you in that Ivy League Institution? Had this been a white teacher lining up students (of mixed races) to sing the praises of GWB for example....you'd of left brown streaks in those Ivy League undies sprinting to your keyboard to condemn said teacher to that 'special place in hell' along side Buchanan. I'm amazed you haven't crawled into some brush and bled to death by now.

Wounds are mounting regards,
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Well, as the story unfolds in my local newspaper (I live near the school district in question), the song was sung by the class as part of the school's program for Black History month on February 26. The focus of the show was a series of tributes to black Americans whose actions have made a difference in our history. I don't understand the logic, but apparently the teacher thought that the inauguration of the nation's first black President deserved mention in the show. There were many similar skits in the show focusing on others of importance. I suspect that no one will be fired since the teacher involved retired last June. There are investigations being conducted by the school board and by the NJ Division of Education. Apparently the video was posted by someone in Washington DC who authored a book on Obama but was not present at the assembly. The video was shot by a student at the school and it was not reported how the tape came into the possession of the person who posted it. I'm sure that the damage to the children can be corrected with years of electroshock treatment and therapy

Yes Jeff

When hamaas and all the terrorist raised children sing about there leaders greatness,, its in regaurd to Arab histry month too. And I'm sure they talk about the men who have made alquida, or whatever what it is today.
    And for snack time they eat of a place matt with 72 virgins pictured on it.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Nice job of attempting to divert everyone's attention with trivial BS before you.....

chastise those who find this teachers actions (with public funds) questionable at best. Geez....how long were you in that Ivy League Institution? Had this been a white teacher lining up students (of mixed races) to sing the praises of GWB for example....you'd of left brown streaks in those Ivy League undies sprinting to your keyboard to condemn said teacher to that 'special place in hell' along side Buchanan. I'm amazed you haven't crawled into some brush and bled to death by now.

Wounds are mounting regards,
    Actually, I didn't care for ths song anyway, as I noted in my earlier post. However, long before I was a graduate of the Ivy League, I was a graduate of East Tennessee elementary schools where we were required to read from the Bible every morning and, if you were Jewish, you were required to read from the New Testament to help you find Jesus. The (Republican) President's photo was on the wall of every classroom directly behind the teacher and next to the flag. Much more recently, my daughter graduated from a public high school where, despite the ban on prayer in public schools, the assistant principle did a prayer to Jesus at the beginning of every school day over the PA system. During the Reagan-Dukakis election, her social studies teacher ridiculed Dukakis to such an extent that only two students were willing to admit to favoring him (my daughter was one). They were appointed to represent Dukakis in a "debate" against a team of four designatetd to represent Reagan. When the majority of students then decided that the "Dukakis" team had won the debate, the teacher gave each of the Dukakis team a C while giving A's to the Reagan team. The fact is that students have been living with their teachers biases since the beginning of time. My own view as a parent was that it was good for my kids to hear those opinions and form their own beliefs on the merits. My job as a parent was to encourage them to challenge authority (including mine), to gather knowledge, and to form their own opinions. Happily, they are pretty good at that.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Is that a fact? Reagan -Dukakis? Seems to me George HW Bush ran against Dukakis .

They will let kids sing about the American fuhrer, but they can't sing Christmas Caroles in the public schools.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Is that a fact? Reagan -Dukakis? Seems to me George HW Bush ran against Dukakis .

They will let kids sing about the American fuhrer, but they can't sing Christmas Caroles in the public schools.
    Excuse my brain fart..... Yes, it GHWB v Dukakis. And, by the way, Christmas carols were sung in both of my children's public schools along with Hanukkah songs.

The teacher had very poor judgment. This is a good example of why having the President address all students was a bad idea. It was an opportunity for many more teachers to use judgment like this, and try to inject their political opinion into our children without our input.

Song 1:
    Mm, mmm, mm!
    Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
    To make this country strong again
    Mmm, mmm, mm!
    Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
    Equal work means equal pay
    Mmm, mmm, mm!
    Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
    To make sure everyone gets a chance
    Mmm, mmm, mm!
    Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
    All are equal in his sight
    Mmm, mmm, mm!
    Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
    Mmm, mmm, mm
    Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:
    Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
    For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
    The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
    To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
    And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
    So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
    Hip, hip hooray!
    Hip, hip hooray!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

The second piece of drivel was sung to the tune of Battle Hymn of The Republic.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

I had a difficult time understanding the second song in the video, but now that I have read the words, it ticks me off even more. That is pure trash. The teacher should have sent a permission slip home before forcing innocent, impressionable kids to spew that propaganda.
    ________
    AVANDIA SIDE EFFECT
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 06:47 PM.