At least one President and his minions can stop a 9/11 attack

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/19869

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Home
    Terror attack was planned for 9/11/09

September 25, 2009 - 1:57pm

Much as I may enjoy the opportunity to get in a liberal dig, this is a pretty ridiculous comment. The terrorists arrested over the last few days were caught based on a refocused and alert counter terrorism capability that Obama inherited from GWB. Obama has acted correctly in remaining focused on protecting our country, but he was not President when the apparatus was refined to its present, post-9/11 condition. Crediting Obama with this arrest as a vistory, would make as little sense as pretending that Obama caused our economic collapse -- something I'm sure no one on this forum would do.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Much as I may enjoy the opportunity to get in a liberal dig, this is a pretty ridiculous comment. The terrorists arrested over the last few days were caught based on a refocused and alert counter terrorism capability that Obama inherited from GWB. Obama has acted correctly in remaining focused on protecting our country, but he was not President when the apparatus was refined to its present, post-9/11 condition. Crediting Obama with this arrest as a vistory, would make as little sense as pretending that Obama caused our economic collapse -- something I'm sure no one on this forum would do.
    That may be true, but then it highlights this administration's ability and willingness to listen to transition reports warning of such activity. Ms. Rice was likewise warned repeatedly by Richard Clark, but rather than pay attention, Mr. Clark was run out of town, as was Paul ONeil for "overstating" the concerns of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda's threat to America. Many Americans owe thanks to an administration that can put national concerns above politics for a change.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That may be true, but then it highlights this administration's ability and willingness to listen to transition reports warning of such activity. Ms. Rice was likewise warned repeatedly by Richard Clark, but rather than pay attention, Mr. Clark was run out of town, as was Paul ONeil for "overstating" the concerns of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda's threat to America. Many Americans owe thanks to an administration that can put national concerns above politics for a change.
    That is true, Dave. But it only takes one 9/11 to make it easier for everyone to pay attention. As head of anti-terrorism, Clark was upset that no one in the new administration seemed to be paying attention. However, he wasn't particularly happy with the level of focus under Clinton either. Prior to 9/11 we had an adolescent belief in our own invincibility. While there is no way to know, it is quite possible that the 9/11 attacks would have happened no matter who was in the white house at the time. As a nation, we were simply not prepared to accept the level of security required to prevent the attack at the point in our history.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    That is true, Dave. But it only takes one 9/11 to make it easier for everyone to pay attention. As head of anti-terrorism, Clark was upset that no one in the new administration seemed to be paying attention. However, he wasn't particularly happy with the level of focus under Clinton either. Prior to 9/11 we had an adolescent belief in our own invincibility. While there is no way to know, it is quite possible that the 9/11 attacks would have happened no matter who was in the white house at the time. As a nation, we were simply not prepared to accept the level of security required to prevent the attack at the point in our history.
    I believe if they were not so distracted by impeachment hearings, they could have devoted more time to America's business! This was all at the time we were figuring out the significance of the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, shortly thereafter the USS Cole bombing, and the first WTC attack. Bin Laden WAS on the radar by the transition period. Of course, sans a time machine, we'll never know if due diligence by the newly minted Bush administration could have prevented the 9-11 attack.

I for one will NOT say they could have prevented it. I will say that I am disappointed at the politicization of such departments and agencies that have historically been above such behavior. (Justice, FEMA, NSC....)

My biggest fear is that all the politicization and power-grabbing is rarely relinquished by subsequent administrations. It tends to be an ever-growing monster that can't be easily put back in its cage. Remember, Castro, Mussolini, Hitler all rose to dictatorial power within the legal confines of democracy. Its an insidious process, like growing old. I'm afraid we're starting to see wrinkles and a few gray hairs.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

Yeah, Roger...thanks to all the anti-terrorism processes that were begun during the Bush 43 administration...BHO can take the credit, though.

Bill Clinton could've stopped the 9/11/01 attack during HIS administration if he'd had his "head" on straight....

Responsibility regards,

kg
    Last edited by K G; 09-26-2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: misspelling
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

[QUOTE=Roger Perry;504878]Home
    [B]Ter

To quote Charlie Brown "Oh Good Grief"
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Osama is afraid to face Fox news, he certainly doesn't have the chutzpah to face down terrs. Give the credit where it is due, to the FBI and any other law enforcement who made the case
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Is the threat real?

How much should we be concerned?

Is the release of the information a left wing plot to show some terror results?

How much of a threat can a guy be that goes door to door in beauty parlors to get his product really be?

nail polish remover? now really...

It must be obamas fault they hate us.

What freedom that those on the right hold dear will obama try to take away to make us safe in the wake of this heinous planned deed?

What rights of these class clowns were violated to thwat this amatuer undertaking?

Just using the tactics of the left in my skepticism. Lefties, let me know if I am doing it correctly. See below for examples:

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/..._spins_fo.html
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Remember, Castro, Mussolini, Hitler all rose to dictatorial power within the legal confines of democracy.
    Remember? Hell, who could forget Castro's triumphant election during that era known as "the Cuban REVOLUTION." And then there was Mussolini's memorable one vote win...achieved when he voted for himself after leading the coup that overthrew the previous Italian govt.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.