The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEC Football...GDG

Default SEC Football...GDG

I hope I'm not breaking any rules but this is a small portion of what was just posted on our Sun Devil board by our moderator and I thought you folks might enjoy it.

"WOW...SEC football is all that it's cracked up to be and then some...and the game hasn't even been played yet...

I can bring up several examples for this, like the hotel I'm staying at that has a statute of the UGA mascot plus pictures of all the bulldogs that served as mascots throughout the years, not to mention several memorabilia pictures on the wall. I mean it's a mini shrine...

The Georgia flags are present on at least half the cars I've seen so far. Every second person I see is wearing Georgia gear. The female fans just blow you away with their knowledge of the team and football in general (their excuse is that if they want to have a conversation with their boyfriends they have to know this stuff)

But what blew me away the most is that I'm driving near campus, WELL AFTER MIDNIGHT and there are THREE Georgia merchandise tents open for business and business was brisk. I saw those tents being set up earlier in the evening thinking that they would only be open on Saturday.....

So when ASU plays at LSU several years from now (or if they happen to play any other SEC team in the future) don't hesitate to book your trip, even if it means not going to a PAC-10 road game. You have to experience this...

Overall, Athens is a neat college town. More corporate looking, if you will, than I expected, but the downtown area offers some nice hometown restaurants and bars.

The Georgia fans, as expected, are all very cordial, those that were in Tempe last year always mention how much fun they had, along with the fact that one Mill Avenue brewery (which shall remain nameless) ran out of beer that weekend..."

Should be fun....hope we don't get our ass handed to us too badly in the rain!!!!
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

dback,
    Glad you enjoyed your time in Athens. I'm in Tennessee but love getting down to GA. for a few each year. Yes, S.E.C. Football is special to us in the South and we DAWG Fans take pride in trying to be classy fans. Unfortunately, not all SEC Fans are that way
    I, too, heard that your people showed us a good time in AZ.
    Turned out to be a good game,
    MARK
    MARK GAMMON

dback, LSU beats Georgia next weekend but, the lesson we really need to teach them is how to tailgate without BBQ!

Any tailgaters can toss meat on a grill!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Franco,
    It seems to me that LSU struggled as much as UGA did yesterday, but the Dawgs faced a more substantial adversary than LSU did. We'll see how things fall out next weekend.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Well for some reason Erickson has stuck with the senior QB and most folks here just don't think he has the tools to be a D1 QB. We have a very talented freshman....maybe DE didn't want to throw him to the wolves (dawgs) so we might see him in a week or two. Hell of a good game though...wish we'd of pulled it off. Georgia should be thanking their lucking stars our starting kicker pulled a groin muscle....no way you'd of been starting from your 35~48 every single time (not to mention he has accurate 60 yd FG range). How'd you guys like our freshman LB Burfict...he'll be playing sundays after two more seasons (barring injury). That kid Green has sure ripped us a new one the last two years!
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."

ASU has one heck of a D......
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    ASU has one heck of a D......
    Without a doubt.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    dback, LSU beats Georgia next weekend but, the lesson we really need to teach them is how to tailgate without BBQ!

Any tailgaters can toss meat on a grill!
    Franco,

Sorry about your Cajuns yesterday....I was really hoping they might pull one out of there.

I'll be expecting some of that 'Cajun Cookin' if I make it to the ASU x LSU game in a few years!!!!

Georgia aint got nothing on DEATH VALLEY. We traveled to Atlanta for the Chick-Fil-A Bowl last year against GT and they were in awe of how many Tigers traveled 700miles. The atmosphere in Baton Rouge is like non other in the South. Dback i would love to buy you a ticket to our Death Valley so you can witness what SEC fott ball is really like
    GEAUX TIGERS
    LSU!!!

Dback good game though seriously
    GEAUX TIGERS
    LSU!!!