The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: About time

Default About time

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...3487&GT1=28101

About time somebody caught this pos....

And the stinking French are not happy about it because poor old Polanski has already been through so much
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

On one hand, if she is not concerned with him being punished further for the rape, should he be? After all, she was the victim in the situation.

The victim, Samantha Geimer, who long ago identified herself publicly, has joined in Polanski's bid for dismissal, saying she wants the case to be over. She sued Polanski and reached an undisclosed settlement.
    But, can't he be punished for running from the law?
    ________
    TOYOTA, AICHI SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    On one hand, if she is not concerned with him being punished further for the rape, should he be? After all, she was the victim in the situation.
    So by that standard if you can run long enough and pay off the person you committed your crime against it is OK? Do you feel the same about murders and war criminals or is it only those who are convicted of raping and sodomizing a 13 year old girl that flee the country to avoid serving their sentence that you think it is OK for?
    Sounds good for those rich enough to do that, no law you cannot buy your way out of...... I would also speculate that the victim in this crime feels the way she does because she wants to move on with her life after 30 years. I say good for them and let his sorry ass serve the time for the crime he did
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

It isn't necessarily about 'paying the victim off'. If the people who are actually affected by the crime are satisfied with the punishment (whether it is money, jailtime, community service, etc) , what does the offender owe to the rest of us?
    There was a big uproar when Dante Stallworth killed the guy while driving drunk and got his wrist slapped. The only people who were affected were the dead guy and his family. If his family doesn't want him sent to jail for a while why should society demand it? To pay his debt to society? He didn't do anything to society, just that family. This case is a little different, as Stallworth was extremely apologetic and remorseful, which makes a huge difference in thinking that he won't do it again...
    You apparently missed the last sentence in my post where I suggested him being punished for running from the law (so he doesn't get off scot free). As I read the article, he served the time that was agreed upon and then the judge changed his mind about what he thought the punishment should be. How do you change your mind after a settlement has been agreed upon?

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way condoning any kind of illegal activities, this is just another way to think about it...Actually, I think he is a scumbag and a disgusting POS to have done what he did to her. I am also not saying that people should be able to 'buy' their way out of anything. I am just saying that as long as the victim is satisfied with the results, what business is it of anyone else's?
    ________
    Tight Pussy
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Stallworth did not flee the country to avoid doing his time (short as it is/was) That is a big difference. Changing you mind on a plea agreement happens a lot. Locally we just had a woman who along with her husband killed their three year old. She made a deal to testify against him and get out with the 7 years she has been locked up (he tried the crazy route and has dragged this out forever) after they found the husband guilty the judge went back on the agreement and forced her to serve out her whole time....and rightly so
    Corey Burke

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Even if they don't send him up the river for the crimes against the 13yr old, he deserves to do time for skipping out on the court.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Stallworth did not flee the country to avoid doing his time (short as it is/was) That is a big difference.
    That's what I said...
    Punish him for fleeing the country. As far as the rest goes, let it be settled. That's what the victim wants. Even if her sole reason for not wanting to prosecute him is so she can move on with her life, why should she be forced to relive the nightmare simply because society says so? Seems to me that she would be punished again by doing that.

I don't understand how a judge can go back on an agreement like that, though...
    ________
    FIDELITY BOND DICUSSION
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    That's what I said...
    Punish him for fleeing the country. As far as the rest goes, let it be settled. That's what the victim wants. Even if her sole reason for not wanting to prosecute him is so she can move on with her life, why should she be forced to relive the nightmare simply because society says so? Seems to me that she would be punished again by doing that.

I don't understand how a judge can go back on an agreement like that, though...
    I believe that is in part what they are attempting to do as well as make him serve out his sentance that he skipped out on. He need to do time for both, the time he did not serve and time for fleeing.
    As far as a judge going back on a plea deal, it happens all the time. A deal is not final till the t's are crossed, the i's dotted and the judge signs off on it
    Corey Burke