The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Is Clinton turing into Carter??

Default Is Clinton turing into Carter??

Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It all comes down to how you define conspiracy.

Just as there is a lot of liberal funding that goes into promoting positive and negative campaigns related to liberal positions and includes negative investigations and actions directed at specific conservatives (e.g. billboards set up specifically so that Rush Limbaugh will see them every day as he drives home), there are a number of deep pocket conservatives who are willing to do anything that doesn't actually land them in jail to go after liberals. Clinton was clearly a target of such campaigns. Obama is being targeted as well.

Just as Soros is very open about his support for liberal groups, Richard Mellon Scaife is very open in his use of his billion dollar Mellon family fortune to attack liberals and support conservatives, including multi-million dollar investigations to unearth scandals that could be linked to Clinton. Rupert Murdoch and NewsCorp may be at the center of the largest and most open right wing conspiracy in existence.

Back then, first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton used the term "vast, right-wing conspiracy" to describe how her husband's political enemies were out to destroy his presidency.
    Doubtless there would be both liberal and conservative individuals and/or organizations that continually dig around in closets to find the other side's skeletons. OTOH, Slick Willy was his own worst enemy. Kind of disingenuous of him to blame his own bumbles on a conspiracy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Just another Narcist trying to remain relevent. Ever wonder why it is always the former Demorat Prez's that have this affliction?

Gimme another Cigar Regards
    Just Win

Stan b & Elvis

I think you might want to direct that question to the editor who wrote the story headline. No one else used the term.

The Clinton Global Initiative (http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/) can brag of some pretty extraordinary achievements in helping people to help themselves. In conjunction with the extensive effectiveness of Clinton's efforts with Bush Sr. in raising funds for emergency relief, I think Bill Clinton and his family can be proud of what he has done since leaving office. Unfortunately, Reagan's health when he left office limited his ability to be active in the world following his presidency. With younger Presidents there are more opportunities for the extraordinary people who occupy the White House to continue to make contributions to the world. Hopefully Bush Jr, and the Obamas (3-8 years from now) will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    It all comes down to how you define conspiracy.
    Rupert Murdoch and NewsCorp may be at the center of the largest and most open right wing conspiracy in existence.
    As you are so fond of asking, where is your proof or are you just paranoid? Or worse yet are you just making crap up again?

Just because Murdoch has a right leaning news company does that translate into a conspiracy. Should the same be said for CNN, NBC, CNBC, CBS, and almost all major newspapers? Give me a break! You my friend are starting to loose it.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

This proud member of the" Right Wing Conspiracy" roots for osama's failure every day. I cannot wait until he leaves office in 2013.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    As you are so fond of asking, where is your proof or are you just paranoid? Or worse yet are you just making crap up again?

Just because Murdoch has a right leaning news company does that translate into a conspiracy. Should the same be said for CNN, NBC, CNBC, CBS, and almost all major newspapers? Give me a break! You my friend are starting to loose it.
    As I said, it depends on how you define conspiracy. Murdoch has always been very open about the fact that a major objective in his ownership of news outlets is to promote his conservative beliefs. That is why, in purchasing the WSJ, he actually agreed to a variety of conditions in which he agreed to limit his interference in news reporting to induce the owners to sell. Beyond that, I can say that I knew one of the people he appointed as President and COO of Newscorp almost 30 years ago. His intentions were clearly stated within the company even then. And even then, his primary target was the US, not Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    As I said, it depends on how you define conspiracy. Murdoch has always been very open about the fact that a major objective in his ownership of news outlets is to promote his conservative beliefs. That is why, in purchasing the WSJ, he actually agreed to a variety of conditions in which he agreed to limit his interference in news reporting to induce the owners to sell. Beyond that, I can say that I knew one of the people he appointed as President and COO of Newscorp almost 30 years ago. His intentions were clearly stated within the company even then. And even then, his primary target was the US, not Australia.
    So when will the owners of the former Big 3 ever disclose their intentions?

Transparency Regards
    Just Win