The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More school?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    NO - you met me once - it ends there. But the fact that you think you are incognito says a whole lot. I also know who you are, if that makes any difference. I don't believe so.

As for your educational theories - it's all IYO. Nothing else - I would drop a few names but they would probably be too intellectual for you to even have read them.
    Isn't it funny Marvin that anyone who doesn't agree with you must be BENEATH you?

Actually Marvin, I do know you. You see, I sit, I watch and I listen.

You do not. You have this idea (and its made abundantly clear post after post after post) that anyone who does not agree with you must be stupid.

Well unfortunately for you, that's not how the real world works.

Being 70 years old just means you are older, not smarter, or wiser nor does it give you a higher IQ.

I don't think I am incognito. I just know that you don't KNOW me. Yeah you know the name and you might even recognize the face. But you don't know what I know or who I know or what I have read.

Open-minded people progress and grow through life and over time. Close-minded people just grow older through life and over time.

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    It is another way to recruit and propagandise our kids into the Osama Youth and brainwash them to vote dem.
    Bob there are some on here that would have you believe your cryptic, but in my opinion much closer to the mark, opinions are just the product of a twisted radical right wing mind set. I do not happen to be one of those people. The educational system in this country has been the sole providence of the left wing for years. Get em young fill their head full of junk and create a reliable voting block down the road. In many cases the parents of these little zombies either don't know enough or care enough to understand just who is teaching what should be a generation full of potential. Unfortunately the best and brightest are not often found teaching in our public education system.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Lee, you are beginning to sound like the person who was on my case a couple of years ago. Turns out this person is a serial EMBEZZLER, or is all the scuttle I hear not true. Anyway, whats your issue?

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Actually Marvin, I do know you.WRL
    I would say that if what I do is that entertaining to you, you truly need to get a life.

You might first try learning a little about the dogs you breed before you peddle the pups.

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Your post has so many absurd notions, WRL
    I didn't start this food fight - you did, doesn't say a whole lot for a former moderator on this forum.

While there are people in this world who I would not want to think ill of me, you are not one of those. Read my byline, I do believe that also. So waste your posts elsewhere.

I happen to believe I am well qualified to discuss the K-12 & beyond system of schools based on my life's experiences which did include serving on a school board & facing down a teacher's strike. I would note that I was elected twice by fairly substantial margins, so had I not been doing something right that wouldn't have happened. So again, your opinion would go with that 40% who chose not to vote for me.

I spent several years as negotiations chair on this board, a position I was elected to by my fellow Board members, so I must have done something right. The teachers took that out on our boys, which would be typical. Many of them have an issue with the adult world & reality.

As for what you do, I did notice the omission of the word "COMPREHEND", you might try a little of that before you get into a discussion with someone who's played the game.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Lee, you are beginning to sound like the person who was on my case a couple of years ago. Turns out this person is a serial EMBEZZLER, or is all the scuttle I hear not true. Anyway, whats your issue?
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Can't tell you about what scuttle you might or might not have heard.

As far as knowing about the dogs I breed, pretty sure I know quite a bit about them. However, it sounds like you are unhappy with your dog. If you are, well then I guess you can take it up with the person who gave it to you. Last time I asked your son how your dog was doing, he said you weren't talking to him.

As far as worrying about whether you like me or not, gee I've never even given it a thought. Actually, I still haven't given it a thought.

If enough people challenge you on your ideas, your attitude is "take your ball and go home".

Here's a link to the SECOND TIME you "quit the board"......if I remember correctly the second time you "quit the board" it lasted a mere two days.....

http://retrievertraining.net/forums/...ad.php?t=20944
    Last edited by WRL; 09-30-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    From what I've read, if you compare our best students to the best students from around the world, we come out very well. Where we are failing is in providing good education for those on the lower end of he socioeconomic spectrum. I would think that the blame can be shared between the parents who serve as poor role models and the system we have for funding education in our country.
    That is ridiculous. The inner city schools are the best funded in the country and have nothing to show for it. The issue is discipline. There is nothing a public school can do with people who's parents are socially dysfunctional.

Public schools should be abolished. Education is way too important to be left up to the government.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That is ridiculous. The inner city schools are the best funded in the country and have nothing to show for it. The issue is discipline. There is nothing a public school can do with people who's parents are socially dysfunctional.

Public schools should be abolished. Education is way too important to be left up to the government.
    Care to document that?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Who or what should it be left up to? I'm not arguing, but I'm all ears if anyone can come up with a better system, that will give ALL kids a chance to succeed and better themselves. I have NO DOUBT private schools can do a great job, but only for those who can afford them.

Vouchers are an interesting idea, but will not cover the entire cost of private schools likely, and will segregate kids into those with the means to attend private school on vouchers, and those left to the even more highly underfunded public schools.

While it certainly has its faults and inefficiencies, I would say the public school system has done a fairly decent job for us.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I'm not sure where you are getting your information. Philadelphia schools receive one half the level of funding as schools in my area (Bucks County -- aka Big Bucks County) yet deal with students with many more problems. Abolish public schools and we will soon be able to compete with the worst of the Islamic fundamentalist countries in a rush back to the middle ages.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    While it certainly has its faults and inefficiencies, I would say the public school system has done a fairly decent job for us.
    Lots of smart people have attended public schools.

Just like anything in life, you get out what you put in. Parents need to teach their children how to put in 110% at the important things in life that will make them successful. Not 30% at school and 100% chasing women or selling drugs...
    ________
    WHIP VAPORIZER
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Lots of smart people have attended public schools.

Just like anything in life, you get out what you put in. Parents need to teach their children how to put in 110% at the important things in life that will make them successful. Not 30% at school and 100% chasing women or selling drugs...
    Hey, chicks dig guys who can help with homework! Multitask!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!