The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things the media doesn't tell you: French Pres. mocks Obongo

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Probably nobody can get too excited about Sarkozy's comments, since the French seem never to be real happy with whatever the US does
    Touche.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Leave it to the French. Sarkozy knows a wimp when he sees one.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

i can't tell you how much more secure i feel now that the mighty French have flexed their muscles. really. wow.

how many troops have they deployed in S. Korea? afghanistan? iraq?

they certainly talk tough, though-and it's SUCH a beautiful language!

Sarkozy is a posturing blowhard, at best.-Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 09-29-2009 at 04:20 AM.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I think the difference in the comments is the difference between a headline reading something like "Sarkozy Chides Obama For Being Childish" as opposed to "Sarkozy Supports US Security Council Resolution; Warns Sanctions May Be Needed". The second is accurate; the first is the right wing wet dream. Missed in both is a serious effort by the administration to achieve what we have failed to achieve until now: Russian and Chinese support. I don't know if the effort will be successful. If it is, that would be the first concrete achievement with respect to Iran since Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Missed in both is a serious effort by the administration to achieve what we have failed to achieve until now: Russian and Chinese support.
    And not just tepid support but something that has some 'bite' to it. Good luck with that....I'd love to see it but I for one, will not be holding my breath for that one.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

[QUOTE=YardleyLabs;505701]Sometimes disagreements can be created simply by judiciously leaving out portions of remarks. The context of Sakozy's comments was a resolution adopted, with his support, that did not include specific sanctions but did establish some deadlines for Iranian action. For the first time, such a resolution was supported by China and Russia, and for the first time these nations appeared willing to cosider sanctions if Iran remains unresponsive. Sarkozy is seeking to push them in that direction and said, according to the transcript of his remarks released by the French embassy:

Uh, Jeff....here is what was really bgoing on behind the public rhetoric.

President Obama wants a unified front against Iran, and to that end he stood together with Nicolas Sarkozy and Gordon Brown in Pittsburgh on Friday morning to reveal the news about Tehran's secret facility to build bomb-grade fuel. But now we hear that the French and British leaders were quietly seething on stage, annoyed by America's handling of the announcement.

Both countries wanted to confront Iran a day earlier at the United Nations. Mr. Obama was, after all, chairing a Security Council session devoted to nonproliferation. The latest evidence of Iran's illegal moves toward acquiring a nuclear weapon was in hand. With the world's leaders gathered in New York, the timing and venue would be a dramatic way to rally international opinion.

President Sarkozy in particular pushed hard. He had been "frustrated" for months about Mr. Obama's reluctance to confront Iran, a senior French government official told us, and saw an opportunity to change momentum. But the Administration told the French that it didn't want to "spoil the image of success" for Mr. Obama's debut at the U.N. and his homily calling for a world without nuclear weapons, according to the Paris daily Le Monde. So the Iran bombshell was pushed back a day to Pittsburgh, where the G-20 were meeting to discuss economic policy.

Le Monde's diplomatic correspondent, Natalie Nougayrède, reports that a draft of Mr. Sarkozy's speech to the Security Council Thursday included a section on Iran's latest deception. Forced to scrap that bit, the French President let his frustration show with undiplomatic gusto in his formal remarks, laying into what he called the "dream" of disarmament. The address takes on added meaning now that we know the backroom discussions.

We thought we'd never see the day when the President of France shows more resolve than America's Commander in Chief for confronting one of the gravest challenges to global security. But here we are.

Obama is CLUELESS when it comes to foreign policy.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.