The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More civil debate?

Default More civil debate?

Here's another nice example of the ratcheted-up rhetoric going on around this country by extremists. I hope whoever started this already has a record or psychiatric diagnosis and is not allowed to carry weapons to public rallies!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/...oll/index.html

It will be interesting to see how the right-wing media (Hannity, Rush, Coulter, et al) respond to this. Will they condemn it, or defend it as good, American citizens exercising their free speech?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Those actions are disgusting, and frankly, I think that it is a tad reprehensible on your part to suggest that anyone would defend this, regardless of your opinion of said TV hosts. Now, if anyone does defend it, (which I doubt) then they need to have their head examined.
    ________
    How To Use A Vapor Brothers Vaporizer
    Last edited by ducknwork; 04-21-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Why would a left wing extreemist start a poll like that?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Those actions are disgusting, and frankly, I think that it is a tad reprehensible on your part to suggest that anyone would defend this, regardless of your opinion of said TV hosts. Now, if anyone does defend it, (which I doubt) then they need to have their head examined.
    I posed the question. Be as it may, 730 people responded to the poll before it was removed. At the Christian Science Monitor, the first replies to the story were "what were the results?" I heard on the radio this morning that threats to Obama and his wife and kids are up 400% over the historical average. Being that we're all Americans, I would certainly hope and expect even his staunchest political foes to strongly rebuke this type of behavior. I also hoped they would rebuke someone yelling "you lie" to the POTUS in house chambers, but that didn't play out.

I'm just curious to see how this plays out in the media.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

It is interesting, that as a stated republican, you rarely, if ever, condemn democrats. I expect it must be you don't have any expectations of a minimum level of basic behavior from them and have a high expectation from republicans that exceed any found in society today.

This is a small report found in one place that no one really saw, being hyped by a news organization that clearly sees any criticism of obama as racism and a poll like this as systemic and needing to be shouted from the highest hill tops. This wouldn’t be a story if cnn didn’t make it one. You want, as you call it, right wing media to take up some banner to keep a minor internet story going.

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There are idiots on both sides. There are these kind and then there is the fringe left who are too numerous to mention.

Where were you when the leftyloons were doing the same thing about George W?

Hmmmm....?
    Last edited by TXduckdog; 09-29-2009 at 10:34 AM.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    There are idiots on both sides. There are these kind and then there is the fringe left who are too numerous to mention.

Where were you when the leftyloons were doing the same thing about George W?

Hmmmm....?
    Hmmmm... if you notice my posts, I really try to avoid name calling or insulting anyone just because we have different opinions on matters, and I always try to refer to our presidents as Mr. or Pres. so-and-so.

Having said that, there is a big difference between calling someone an idiot, dufus, joker,....and comparing someone to Hitler or surveying death wishes! I may have disagreed with Mr. Bush on many topics, but NEVER would sink to such lows at what we're seeing now. The worst "attack" on Mr. Bush I saw was the shoe-thrower, and he was a man who had his homeland invaded and occupied by Mr. Bush, certainly not an American democrat.

Sub: if that comment was directed at me, I am an independant, not republican. Used to be, but not anymore. I have frequently stated my disdain for both parties, whom I feel are self-serving, rather than nation-serving. Heck, wasn't you that almost granted me honary republican status for a day after some comments I made about welfare??

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    ...Having said that, there is a big difference between calling someone an idiot, dufus, joker,....and comparing someone to Hitler or surveying death wishes! I may have disagreed with Mr. Bush on many topics, but NEVER would sink to such lows at what we're seeing now. The worst "attack" on Mr. Bush I saw was the shoe-thrower, and he was a man who had his homeland invaded and occupied by Mr. Bush, certainly not an American democrat....
    I expect you were not really paying attention.

The treatment of President George W. Bush was so bad that a phrase, Bush Derangment Syndrome (BDS) was coined to describe the democrats as well as far left treatment of him. The treatment of President George W. Bush was exponetially worse than the treatment obama is facing. It isn't even close.

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/08/04...y-they-forget/

As far as making you an honarary republican, I doubt it was me since I am an independent as well. We may just have agreed on some welfare issue.

In reality, I expect you approach your politics with, as you say, disdain for both parties, but readily accept that democrats are more in line with your thinking. At least that is how you come out on issues and routinely give that appearance.

I expect, I on the other hand have disdain for both parties, but readily accept that republicans are more in line with my thinking. I expect when commenting on issues I give that appearance.

A pox on both their houses.
    Last edited by subroc; 09-29-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I expect you were not really paying attention.

The treatment of President George W. Bush was so bad that a phrase, Bush Derangment Syndrome (BDS) was coined to describe the democrats as well as far left treatment of him. The treatment of President George W. Bush was exponetially worse than the treatment obama is facing. It isn't even close.

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/08/04...y-they-forget/

As far as making you an honarary republican, I doubt it was me since I am an independent as well. We may just have agreed on some welfare issue.

In reality, I expect you approach your politics with, as you say, disdain for both parties, but readily accept that democrats are more in line with your thinking. At least that is how you come out on issues and routinely give that appearance.

I expect, I on the other hand have disdain for both parties, but readily accept that republicans are more in line with my thinking. I expect when commenting on issues I give that appearance.

A pox on both their houses.
    There's a good place to leave it! My wife is half Philipino, so I have a soft spot in my heart for Michelle Malkin....but it goes away as soon as I un-mute the tv!

Have a good one,
    Rainy day regards from Pa,
    dave

Uh, Dave...if memory serves me right, wasn't there a movie about assasinating Prez Bush?
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.